Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gillaspie Posts go HERE

Started by King of the Burbs, March 29, 2007, 10:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogginDaze

I think we are being naive if we believe that any contact with us was anything more than getting leverage (is low enough on UK's list that he can't use them) with his current employer. If he was serious about coming here, then he would have let it be known that Frank needs to be patient. He would not have had his AD call him and say he isn't interested. He basically blew UA off, people. We need to realize that.

TX HOG

He's yet to sign anything.  What's he waitin' on?

pigfoot

I heard him interviewed last night (Thursday) in Atlanta.  Sounded like he was firmly committed to A&M.  The interviewer made reference to a $25 million contract over 10 years.  Gillispie wouldn't confirm it, but neither did he deny it. 
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RZRBCK in Texas

This question was asked in yesterdays Ft Worth Star Telegram by a sportswriter. Sounds like we're getting another bad rap from a Texas based sportswriter. I dont know if it's true or not but it was announced on a TV station here that Gillispie signed another contract with A&M and is staying.

V

Billy didn't blow anyone off except his current employer. no one else really has anything at stake with him. The Aggies are so hungry for a coach they will accept his love affairs. Can you imagine us if our oach did this. he would be run out of town on a rail.

Winner

Billy has never said no to Frank. I have no doubt that he's waiting on the KY situation. And now he's basically laughed at the A&M offer and you can bet those dudes aren't happy about cancelling the press conference after they told everybody it was done. So don't be surprised if Billy tosses his name back in the AR mix next week.

WADHOG

I hope that is not an option for him.

V

Quote from: Winner on March 30, 2007, 08:13:12 am
Billy has never said no to Frank. I have no doubt that he's waiting on the KY situation. And now he's basically laughed at the A&M offer and you can bet those dudes aren't happy about cancelling the press conference after they told everybody it was done. So don't be surprised if Billy tosses his name back in the AR mix next week.

I agree totally

FAABrad

TX HOG

I have thought the exact same thing.  His order is KY, UA, aTm, in that order.  He still has signed NOTHING, all verbal agreements which mean NOTHING.  He wants KY, will we take him if he wants to come to Arkansas?  I think this has a 30% chance of happening.  IMO

TX HOG

Quote from: FAABrad on March 30, 2007, 08:15:27 am
Quote from: TX HOG on March 30, 2007, 08:08:06 am
He's yet to sign anything.  What's he waitin' on?

Kentucky

Exactly, and what if he doesn't get the KY job?

texashog2002

I think we are all delusional if we think gillispie might still becoming to arkansas.  He will not get the UK job and the UF job is a lateral move from A&M.  the fans a UF are more into football just like the fans at A&M.  However he has already turned us down.  So it will be UK or A&M, with him probably staying at A&M.  We just need to move on to another canidate.

HogginDaze

texashog2002 hits the nail on the head.

we are setting ourselves up for more disappointment if we keep holding out hope for this guy. If he wanted to come to Arkansas he would not have allowed his AD to humiliate our AD. Give me a break. He has what he wants on the table from a&m. He just wants to see if UK is interested.

HeathWimp

Erin Andrews thought that Fayetteville was in Arizona...
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

cosmodrum

Quote from: texashog2002 on March 30, 2007, 08:24:32 am
I think we are all delusional if we think gillispie might still becoming to arkansas.  He will not get the UK job and the UF job is a lateral move from A&M.  the fans a UF are more into football just like the fans at A&M.  However he has already turned us down.  So it will be UK or A&M, with him probably staying at A&M.  We just need to move on to another canidate.

There is no way that aTm to UF is a lateral move.
Go away, batin'

Winner

I'm not holding out hope for anybody. We need to go find the best candidate.  Now, I don't think the time element is as critical, so spend the weekend at final four, talk to some coaches, and hire someone mid week. I'm just saying don't be surprised if BG is back in the mix by then.

aggie2001

again, brent z is a total drama queen. here's the ESPN interview transcript for what its worth

QuoteERIN: I certainly am Brad, right now with Texas A&M head coach Billy Gillispie and coach, there are published reports out right now that you have signed a long-term ext..contract extension with Texas A&M. What is the status of all these reports?

BCG: Well the Board of Regen...(clears throat)...Board of Regents is meeting today and tomorrow and and uh they're working out...on some things. I'm not a person that demands anything...we have an athletic director in Bill Byrne that that is very straight-forward and he...he...he uh...doesn't react, he anticipates and he's been fantastic and they've always been great to me and I love it there and I would assume everything's gonna go great in the meeting...I...I think it happens today but it could happen tomorrow, I'm not for sure.

ERIN: Alright well you lose three huge seniors...Acie Law, Big XII Player of the Year...but how does that set you up for your upcoming year?

BCG: Well, we lose three really great seniors...Marlon Pompey is here tonight in the slam dunk, Acie Law everyone knows what kind of season and AK, one of the most improved players in the country. We hate to lose those guys...I think we have really good returning players and I'm really excited about the incoming freshman we signed, so I think...I think...you can't replace a guy like Acie Law, but I think we're going to be okay for the future.

IMAballHawg

Feast your eyes my friends.
FYI she tries to not dress too slutty when she is going to be on ESPN.  (too bad)

Niiiice!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

texashog2002

UF is a lateral move.  sure they won a nc last year and might win one this year.  But they have very little basketball history.  UF is a football school just like a&m the only difference is their team is actually good.  Where as at A&M the basketball team is the only thing moving in the right direction. If gillispie stays he will have a ton of fan support next year.  I heard UF didn't sell out any Non-conference games even after they won a nc last year.  All gillispie wants from a&m is dedication to the basketball team which he will get with the new facilities and more seats. 

mtpockets

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 08:13:06 am
Billy didn't blow anyone off except his current employer. no one else really has anything at stake with him. The Aggies are so hungry for a coach they will accept his love affairs. Can you imagine us if our oach did this. he would be run out of town on a rail.

HELLO!!!!  Nutt/Nebraska

blh1773

Quote from: texashog2002 on March 30, 2007, 08:24:32 am

Texashog,

You're delusional if you think TAMU to FL is a lateral move.

Hog Fan 51

A&M to Ark would not be a latreral move if he were to bring us back to our glory days. We have the facilities and the fanbase, as well as the money!
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

ICEman

There's so many post's about Gillispie that it just makes you Dizzy!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."