Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gillaspie Posts go HERE

Started by King of the Burbs, March 29, 2007, 10:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King of the Burbs

He was interviewed by Erin Andrews tonight during the annual college basketball slam dunk/three point contest at the Final Four.  He sounded like a stuttering idiot.  He didn't seem to know much about when A&M was going to offer a new contract or even if they were going to.  He just sounded clueless.  I bet the A&M AD tells him what to do, he seems like a pushover.  After seeing that, it made me wonder if he was really the guy we want to lead us back to national basketball prominence.  I know he took a 7-21 team and turned them around in 3 years, but I just got a bad vibe from him while watching that interview.

hogfan446

We need a tutorial on how to use the search button in this forum....

Hog inAustin

AstroHawg

Well said, screw him.  Without vaseline.

dfresh

TulsaHogFan

I would hire a 72 Chevy Nova if it could win 27 games a year.  I don't care, just get W's

seqco

No I didn't hear him too busy looking at Erin Andrews.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 29, 2007, 10:34:21 pm
I would hire a 72 Chevy Nova if it could win 27 games a year.  I don't care, just get W's

I love it!  Come to think of it, a Nova isn't a bad choice compared to some of the names I've seen being tossed around the last few days.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

King of the Burbs

Quote from: dfresh on March 29, 2007, 10:33:44 pm
Sour Grapes

Honestly, I hadn't ever heard him in an interview.  I watched several of their games and was impressed with his conduct on the sidelines and the play of his team.  I just thought he sounded kind of "slow" tonight in that interview....that's all.

Not taking away from his coaching ability at all....

IronHog

Quote from: King of the Burbs on March 29, 2007, 10:27:25 pm
He was interviewed by Erin Andrews tonight during the annual college basketball slam dunk/three point contest at the Final Four.  He sounded like a stuttering idiot.  He didn't seem to know much about when A&M was going to offer a new contract or even if they were going to.  He just sounded clueless.  I bet the A&M AD tells him what to do, he seems like a pushover.  After seeing that, it made me wonder if he was really the guy we want to lead us back to national basketball prominence.  I know he took a 7-21 team and turned them around in 3 years, but I just got a bad vibe from him while watching that interview.

99.9% of men in america stutter talking to erin andrews
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Qbackinman

Porkerpower

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: IronHog on March 29, 2007, 10:46:58 pm

I stutter watching Erin Andrews...

Texasbite

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 29, 2007, 11:16:47 pm
Quote from: IronHog on March 29, 2007, 10:46:58 pm

I stutter watching Erin Andrews...

He's single, talking to Erin Andrews I doubt basketball wasn't even on his mind.  He might be in negotiations for something else.

PrescottHog

redbug56

Quote from: seqco on March 29, 2007, 10:44:14 pm
No I didn't hear him too busy looking at Erin Andrews.

haha nice point

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 29, 2007, 10:34:21 pm

Yes sir! Bring in anyone that can get it done even if he has no name. There are fans out there hoping Frank will fall on his face on this one. Man if that happens I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

dotnet

In all honesty, BG always sounds like that.  It is just who he is, a good ole Texas boy.  He sounds like he wouldn't be that smart, but he really is one of the smartest coaches in America.

Pork Twain

Quote from: King of the Burbs on March 29, 2007, 10:46:27 pm
Quote from: dfresh on March 29, 2007, 10:33:44 pm
Sour Grapes

Honestly, I hadn't ever heard him in an interview.  I watched several of their games and was impressed with his conduct on the sidelines and the play of his team.  I just thought he sounded kind of "slow" tonight in that interview....that's all.

Not taking away from his coaching ability at all....
I forgot that they give a team extra points if their coach is good during interviews...

Sour grapes is right on.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

owl

March 30, 2007, 04:57:22 am #23 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:17:11 am by HogISH™
Fox reports that Hogs' turned down flat :-[
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

malzhanista

Frank, in his infinite wisdom, offered less than billy was already making.

RazorBassin

RazorNick

Time to wake up boys, the birds are chirping..hell, all of this is ancient history.

hogfan_no1

Quote from: malzhanista on March 30, 2007, 05:18:17 am
You've GOT to be kidding!

Frank's agenda for today...
6:15 Wake up and turn off alarm.
6:20 Take heart medicine.
6:25 Shower
6:40 Oatmeal for braeakfast
6:45 Read paper's sports section.  See how media rips him for offering less $$ to Gillespie
7:00 Drive to office
7:45 Arrive at office and read posts on Hogville
8:30 Call Bill Self and offer less $$ than Self currently makes
9:15 Receive call from Self telling Frank to "Get bent!"
9:30 Call Houston and offer daily words of encouragement
10:00 Call Tim Floyd and offer less $$ than he currently makes
10:20 Receive call from Floyd agreeing to come to Fayetteville for an interview
10:22 Receive call from Floyd saying, "PSYCH!"
10:45 Read more posts on Hogville
11:30 Lunch time.
12:45 Nap time
2:30 Watch spring practice and marvel at what a good coach Houston is!
3:45 Call Lon Kruger and offer less $$
4:05 Receive call from Kruger saying "Huh?"
4:20 Drive home early to beat traffic

As you can see, Frank's got a busy day ahead of him today.
If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: hogfan_no1 on March 30, 2007, 05:30:37 am
You've GOT to be kidding!

Frank's agenda for today...
6:15 Wake up and turn off alarm.
6:20 Take heart medicine.
6:25 Shower
6:40 Oatmeal for braeakfast
6:45 Read paper's sports section.  See how media rips him for offering less $$ to Gillespie
7:00 Drive to office
7:45 Arrive at office and read posts on Hogville
8:30 Call Bill Self and offer less $$ than Self currently makes
9:15 Receive call from Self telling Frank to "Get bent!"
9:30 Call Houston and offer daily words of encouragement
10:00 Call Tim Floyd and offer less $$ than he currently makes
10:20 Receive call from Floyd agreeing to come to Fayetteville for an interview
10:22 Receive call from Floyd saying, "PSYCH!"
10:45 Read more posts on Hogville
11:30 Lunch time.
12:45 Nap time
2:30 Watch spring practice and marvel at what a good coach Houston is!
3:45 Call Lon Kruger and offer less $$
4:05 Receive call from Kruger saying "Huh?"
4:20 Drive home early to beat traffic

As you can see, Frank's got a busy day ahead of him today.

You left one out:

6:50am   Check Hogville to get good ideas on coaching candidates.

Albert Einswine

In a related story,  it's been reported that Gillispie also "stiffed the frankster".
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

owl

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 30, 2007, 06:10:09 am
In a related story,  it's been reported that Gillispie also "stiffed the frankster".

Yall need to improve the spellchecker.I tries, but you must remember I grew up as a Lumberjack in Warren.
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

Albert Einswine

March 30, 2007, 06:14:48 am #31 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:16:31 am by Albert Einswine
Quote from: owl on March 30, 2007, 06:13:34 am

Yall need to improve the spellchecker.I tries, but you must remember I grew up as a Lumberjack in Warren.

;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Zeno

Quote from: owl on March 30, 2007, 06:13:34 am

GILLETTESPIE? GULLETTESPIE? MULLETTSPIE? spelling is superfluous. we need a coach with any name except N U T T!

Zeno

maybe she'll interview the nuttster. take stuttering to a new level.

AirForceHog

Bend over Hog fans here it comes again. Just like in the maintanence field in the air force. "BOHICA!"

I don't see us landing a big time coach. just an opinion.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Big Papa Satan

I'd stutter too, if I was talking to Erin.

NEAHawgfan

Oh he can coach. We're screwed guys....sorry but it's true. It was Gillispie or bust.
Now it's bust.

V

No way UK hires a guy with so little experience. By the time he finds out he is out at UK, he will want to crawl back to us and we will have a coach by then. Guess what Billy, stuck in College Station. That has to hurt.
I heard the man interviewed last night on ESPN, not very good with phonics. I am glad we are on to others.

Hog Fan 51

Yea it does not look like it will be BG, and I don't know who I am more upset with. Frank for being played, or him for playing frank. I guess it just depends on what was said.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

cuppycup

It's pretty obvious that he prefers A&M over Arkansas at this point.  Otherwise he wouldn't pass up the job to see how being 5th on UK's list pans out.

cuppycup

I don't see what transpired over the past week that made you arrive at this conclusion.

bacchusrider

she gots a purdy mouf! an some nice sweater meat.
go Hogs go

WestMemphisHogFan

If that was in the Fox report, I don't believe it.  No way did FB do that. 

WADHOG

I can't blame the man for waiting it out, who wouldn't?  I also think no one could blame us for moving on, and that is exactly what we should do.

TX HOG

Not true, Dallas news said Frank told BG he would beat anything aTm offered.  Sadly, it was not enough, he just didn't want us.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: WADHOG on March 30, 2007, 07:58:19 am
I can't blame the man for waiting it out, who wouldn't?  I also think no one could blame us for moving on, and that is exactly what we should do.

I agree.  I believe we should just ignore any and all discussions on Billy Who? and leave it behind us.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

DeltaBoy

March 30, 2007, 08:03:16 am #46 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:06:16 am by DeltaBoy
Fort Worth Star Telegram reports the same thing :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/52839.html
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

V

they ae spinning prettty hard in Aggie Land now that it is pretty clear they are at least 4th on his list behind UK/UF/UA. It looks like old Billy relishes a good job in the SEC. Who could blame him?

pfrg999

It was probably hard to keep looking at her in the eyes...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

AstroHawg