Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruce Pearl

Started by Sow’sEar, March 29, 2007, 04:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cottonhog

Quote from: rem35403 on March 29, 2007, 10:22:53 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 09:14:31 pm
Thompson Bowling Arena, is one of the few arena's in the country that's as nice as BWA, and it's capacity is more...  TBA has a capacity of 24,500 and BWA is 19,200, so you can't play the facilities card, Tennessee's are nicer, plus he's got Chris Lofton coming back..

Have you ever been to Bud Walton?  It's the second NICEST facility in the SEC after Rupp Arena.  Tennessee may be bigger, but bigger does not equal better.  Educate yourself.

If Arkansas had no other cards to play, they would still be able to play the facilities card.  Thank you, Frank.

Have you ever been to Rupp?

Broken Trigger

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 09:38:42 pm
Quote from: Broken Trigger on March 29, 2007, 09:19:54 pm
Pearl's not leaving Tennessee for Arkansas, he just turned down Iowa, and said he's staying.

Thompson Bowling Arena, is one of the few arena's in the country that's as nice as BWA, and it's capacity is more...  TBA has a capacity of 24,500 and BWA is 19,200, so you can't play the facilities card, Tennessee's are nicer, plus he's got Chris Lofton coming back..

The mystery coach is Rick Majeraus..

Frank will find you an up and comer this weekend in Atlanta.

Wasn't TBA built primarily for the women's program?  Not really a swipe at the Tennessee men's program, because you guys have a good team and the program is on the rise.  I was just curious.  Pearl is a good coach though.  What does he make?  If someone goes hard after him, then the Vols may have to pony up as well. 

It was built at the end of Don Devoe's reign, in 1987 and 1988.  Then Wade Houston came in with his son Allan.

Pearl's making a little over a million a year his contract is 5 years at 800,000 plus incentives, Fulmers at 2 Million plus and Pat makes a million a year.

Wow, Pat is making some dough for a women's coach.  That is about where i figured Pearl's salary was at. 

vol_in_ar

Have you ever been to Bud Walton?  It's the second NICEST facility in the SEC after Rupp Arena.  Tennessee may be bigger, but bigger does not equal better.  Educate yourself.

If Arkansas had no other cards to play, they would still be able to play the facilities card.  Thank you, Frank.

Of course I've been to both..
Both TBA and Neyland are better and bigger facilities than Arkansas...

Arkansas' nicest sporting facility is Baum field, but were not talking Baseball

Although they play tonight in Knoxville

The Hog

Quote from: cottonhog on March 29, 2007, 08:36:44 pm
Quote from: Lulu Hog on March 29, 2007, 04:06:32 pm
Could he be the "mystery coach?"

I think he would be a good hire.  I bet he would crawl to Ark from Tenn
The difference is, one is good and the other sales snake oil.  You pick which is which.

We already have one used car salesman as a head coach.  I can't imagine a sales team.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 29, 2007, 10:06:24 pm
Quote from: cottonhog on March 29, 2007, 10:05:11 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 10:03:44 pm
He is a winner, and a great motivator

He went to one of the main cafeteria's this year, and shook hands with students and encouraged them to come out to the games and support the BB team.

The students love him

That' how Nutt started

bingo..

ask anyone in illinois how they feel about him harassing 17 year olds at 1AM~!

he is cutt from nutt's cloth.
List you sources or put a lid on it.  Are you allucaneatbuffet?  Sounds like the same song different avatar.  Get over it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Hog basketball.  So you do not like pearl but I dislike Nutt.  Any problems?
Automatic RUN!

hawgfan72116

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 30, 2007, 02:12:01 pm

Of course I've been to both..
Both TBA and Neyland are better and bigger facilities than Arkansas...

Arkansas' nicest sporting facility is Baum field, but were not talking Baseball

Although they play tonight in Knoxville
Neyland Stadium is big but it is a pit. I understand they are supposedly fixing it but it nneded some repair

vol_in_ar

We had a $50 Million dollar donation half of it's going to athletics, and Neyland renovations.  I still wouldn't call it a pit, of course I'm biased

arkyvol

tell me, if neyland is a 'pit', why is it consistently rated as one of the best places to spend a gameday by outfits like the sporting news, espn, and sports illustrated?  just wondering.  are all those folks deluded, or have they actually had the opportunity to judge for  themselves?

LuckyGiraffe

it is the only stadium in the country where there are 100,000+ rabid fans every gameday.  The only time the other 100k+ stadiums do it is for major rivalries ie. the big house for Mich/OhioSt

Blue35

No to Bruce.  He is not a good fit. He is a clown that paints himself like a Sioux Indian. Crazy Horse Pearl.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: arkyvol on March 30, 2007, 09:54:45 pm
tell me, if neyland is a 'pit', why is it consistently rated as one of the best places to spend a gameday by outfits like the sporting news, espn, and sports illustrated?  just wondering.  are all those folks deluded, or have they actually had the opportunity to judge for  themselves?

I thinks it's just envy on the part of some razorback fans

Hog inAustin

Beg to differ on TBA...that thing is a multi-purpose arena, not very good visibility, similar to the Frank Erwin Center down here (a.k.a. the Drum). Lived in Tennessee for a long time and kids went to school there.  Enjoyed watching the Lady Vol's play there.  When it comes to Neyland, the 'old lady' is showing her age and may darn well fall down someday but if you love college football, when the thing is filed with orange and they say' it's football time in Tennessee' it will give you goosebumps...even a died in the wool Razorback like me.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Hog inAustin on March 30, 2007, 10:36:38 pm
Beg to differ on TBA...that thing is a multi-purpose arena, not very good visibility, similar to the Frank Erwin Center down here (a.k.a. the Drum). Lived in Tennessee for a long time and kids went to school there.  Enjoyed watching the Lady Vol's play there.  When it comes to Neyland, the 'old lady' is showing her age and may darn well fall down someday but if you love college football, when the thing is filed with orange and they say' it's football time in Tennessee' it will give you goosebumps...even a died in the wool Razorback like me.

especially when the band opens the T....

The $50 million donation we recieved last year's going to help a lot.  They can spend half of it on renovations or anything athletic.

You've lucked out now living in Austin, that's a great city.