Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruce Pearl

Started by Sow’sEar, March 29, 2007, 04:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow’sEar

Could he be the "mystery coach?"

I think he would be a good hire.  I bet he would crawl to Ark from Tenn

Arkiebrian

I do like him.  He's under the skirts of the women's program in Knoxville, literally tucked under there.

BigSnout

There is no mystery coach.

jamie72921

The mystery coach was Majerus.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Bless your heart

Boardon Hamsay

If by mystery coach you mean referencing Dudley's comment, then Rick Majerus would be the mystery man.  I believe Sweaty Pearl is content at UT
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Reesedogg000

I agree and we should be able to pay more and he's got to know it's a jump from Tenn basketball to Arkansas.  The only thing we don't have on them is their arena is bigger, way bigger. 

bird21

pearl seems to like it where he is

bird21

or at least acts like it

lokopig

Quote from: Lulu Hog on March 29, 2007, 04:06:32 pm

I think he should crawl, but I don't think he would crawl.

Pigonometry

The only "mystery" is whether we will get a good coach..............
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

HogKong

hoginsanfran

I bet we'd be on Probation in 3 years, too.

EastMemphisHog

The "mystery coach" was Gillespie. It just wasn't a mystery. Going to school at Tennessee, I can assure you that Pearl is going nowhere soon. He loves Knoxville, and what he's done here is absolutely amazing. And I hate every second of it. Pearl is the classiest of class though. Before the final home game, they did a Senior night deal for Dane. Bruce donated $100,000 of his own money to endow a "Dane Bradshaw Scholarship". How often do you hear of things like that taking place?

hoginsanfran

Quote from: cshivley1 on March 29, 2007, 04:28:04 pm
Pearl is the classiest of class though.

W.
T.
F.

Kicked out of high school basketball games for cussing out a part-time ref?

TWICE!!!!

Banned from coaching for 10 years for cheating?

"Helping" Ramar Smith magically meet academic rules to get into UT?

Watching gametap during his son's birth?

*****INDUCING LABOR ON HIS WIFE SO THAT HIS DAUGHTER'S BIRTH WOULDN'T INTERFERE WITH A BASKETBALL GAME****

Yeah.  A Paragon of class.

arkyvol

this post confirms my suspicion that a good number of posters have never been east of the mississippi. 

arkyvol

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 29, 2007, 04:39:53 pm

eat your heart out!!!

W.
T.
F.

TWICE!!!!

*****INDUCING LABOR ON HIS WIFE SO THAT HIS DAUGHTER'S BIRTH WOULDN'T INTERFERE WITH A BASKETBALL GAME****

ShellHog

He coaches a team that plays third fiddle behind Football & Womens Basketball at Tennessee.  I really think Pearl would listen....

hoginsanfran

Quote from: arkyvol on March 29, 2007, 04:42:20 pm

eat your heart out!!!

W.
T.
F.

TWICE!!!!

eat my heart out?

he's the most overrated coach & a media whore.

Hey, STAN HEATH won as much as Pearl did last year.... AND STAN won on PEARLS HOME COURT.....   heck, UT had a 2 seed and lost to winthrop (ok, so you got blown out to mighty WState, but lofton walked on that last shot and took 4 steps against winthrop lol... check the tape)

Bruce won what, 23 games this year and made the sweet 16, and thats the greatest acheivement in UT basketball history?

Look, IF WE WANTED SOMEONE TO GET BIG LEADS AND BLOW THEM, WE DONT HAVE TO HIRE PEARL, JUST KEEP STAN!

Bruce is a CHOKER and a CIRCUS act.... totally out of place in the SEC... belongs back in the midmajors.

P.s.   Bruce has won ZERO SEC tourney games....

Funny how that works... UT's record is like 2 games better than Arkansas the last 2 years... head to head, stan is just a few games behind UT....   yet Stan is FIRED, and Pearl gets a lifetime contract...  LOL... really exposes the crappy expectations that is "tennessee basketball"  LOL

Boardon Hamsay

The "mystery coach" was Gillespie. It just wasn't a mystery. Going to school at Tennessee, I can assure you that Pearl is going nowhere soon. He loves Knoxville, and what he's done here is absolutely amazing. And I hate every second of it. Pearl is the classiest of class though. Before the final home game, they did a Senior night deal for Dane. Bruce donated $100,000 of his own money to endow a "Dane Bradshaw Scholarship". How often do you hear of things like that taking place?

Unless I missed Scooby and Shaggy hopping in the Mystery Machine, the only mystery coach was in reference to Dudley's comment yesterday which he later explained was no longer a mystery and it was Rick Majerus.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

arkyvol

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 29, 2007, 04:45:39 pm

eat your heart out!!!

W.
T.
F.

TWICE!!!!

eat my heart out?

Hey, STAN HEATH won as much as Pearl did last year.... AND STAN won on PEARLS HOME COURT.....   heck, UT had a 2 seed and lost to winthrop (ok, so you got blown out to mighty WState, but lofton walked on that last shot and took 4 steps against winthrop lol... check the tape)

Bruce won what, 23 games this year and made the sweet 16, and thats the greatest acheivement in UT basketball history?

Look, IF WE WANTED SOMEONE TO GET BIG LEADS AND BLOW THEM, WE DONT HAVE TO HIRE PEARL, JUST KEEP STAN!

Bruce is a CHOKER and a CIRCUS act.... totally out of place in the SEC... belongs back in the midmajors.

P.s.   Bruce has won ZERO SEC tourney games....

Funny how that works... UT's record is like 2 games better than Arkansas the last 2 years... head to head, stan is just a few games behind UT....   yet Stan is FIRED, and Pearl gets a lifetime contract...  LOL... really exposes the crappy expectations that is "tennessee basketball"  LOL

like i said, eat your heart out.

hoginsanfran

whatever... eat your heart out means i'm jealous

what I am is dumbfounded that knoxville would get on their knees for a cheater that's below mediocre.... not jealousy, but bewilderment.

hey, if you wanna attatch yourself to the next future "coach on probation", be my guest.. LOL ;)

enjoy!

badbeagle

He should crawl over from Tenn.  That is the kind of program that I want.

arkyvol

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 29, 2007, 04:51:56 pm
whatever... eat your heart out means i'm jealous

what I am is dumbfounded that knoxville would get on their knees for a cheater that's below mediocre.... not jealousy, but bewilderment.

for the last time, eat your heart out.

hey, if you wanna attatch yourself to the next future "coach on probation", be my guest.. LOL ;)

enjoy!

The Hog

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 29, 2007, 04:45:39 pm

W.
T.
F.

TWICE!!!!

eat my heart out?

Hey, STAN HEATH won as much as Pearl did last year.... AND STAN won on PEARLS HOME COURT.....   heck, UT had a 2 seed and lost to winthrop (ok, so you got blown out to mighty WState, but lofton walked on that last shot and took 4 steps against winthrop lol... check the tape)

P.s.   Bruce has won ZERO SEC tourney games....

Funny how that works... UT's record is like 2 games better than Arkansas the last 2 years... head to head, stan is just a few games behind UT....   yet Stan is FIRED, and Pearl gets a lifetime contract...  LOL... really exposes the crappy expectations that is "tennessee basketball"  LOL

Who did we beat?  Nobody worth mentioning.  UT did wallop Florida, TEXAS, Memphis and a couple we got kicked around by.  When we worry about Pearl or Tennessee we have major problems. 

A coach worth his salt gets tossed in games.  If not, he is letting his team get the short end of the stick with the refs.  We know all too well from the past few years of Heath.  Did Nolan lay down and rollover?

As far as Winthrop, why is Marshall's name being tossed around as a possible replacement for Stan.  He is down the list but??????  Did we not lose to that national powerhouse Bucknell or was I dreaming?

Arkansas football in 2006/07 is exactly what you are talking about.  Zero wins in the SEC Championship and only one win against a good team.
Automatic RUN!

EastMemphisHog

Bruce pearl won with NO talent outside of Lofton last year, and won with freshmen this year. You can crack all your little "thrown out of highschool basketball games" crap all you want. I would've loved for Stan to have been. I would've loved Stan to show A SINGLE SIGN OF EMOTION. Bruce Pearl is into the game just as much as the players. That makes them want to win, and makes fans want to watch.  How can you be inspired when your coach never yells at the ref's, never stands up for you on the floor. As far as Ramar Smith, that had nothing to do with Pearl. He just recruited the kid. The big-wigs pulled the strings. You may see it from a different angle than I do, but I go to school here, and observe everything that he does. He has taken a football school with a joke of a basketball program, and turned it into a program that is more attractive than OURS. Contemplate that.

The Hog

Quote from: cshivley1 on March 29, 2007, 05:28:03 pm
Bruce pearl won with NO talent outside of Lofton last year, and won with freshmen this year. You can crack all your little "thrown out of highschool basketball games" crap all you want. I would've loved for Stan to have been. I would've loved Stan to show A SINGLE SIGN OF EMOTION. Bruce Pearl is into the game just as much as the players. That makes them want to win, and makes fans want to watch.  How can you be inspired when your coach never yells at the ref's, never stands up for you on the floor. As far as Ramar Smith, that had nothing to do with Pearl. He just recruited the kid. The big-wigs pulled the strings. You may see it from a different angle than I do, but I go to school here, and observe everything that he does. He has taken a football school with a joke of a basketball program, and turned it into a program that is more attractive than OURS. Contemplate that.
I like your evaluation.  Some folks do not get it.
Automatic RUN!

cottonhog

We already have one used car salesman as a head coach.  I can't imagine a sales team.

Broken Trigger

The way this thing is looking it could wind up being the worst business decision ever.  Stan was here at 900k.  We fire him, and we could possibly struggle to  find someone of equal skill, and then may have to pay in the 1.5- 2 million range.

Arkapigdiesel

QuoteI bet he would crawl to Ark from Tenn
What?  No he wouldn't.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

BigDeal

If he became coach, I would quit supporting the Hogs. Pearl has no class (he dissed Calipari) and his integrity is in question in my opinion.

vol_in_ar

Pearl's not leaving Tennessee for Arkansas, he just turned down Iowa, and said he's staying.

Thompson Bowling Arena, is one of the few arena's in the country that's as nice as BWA, and it's capacity is more...  TBA has a capacity of 24,500 and BWA is 19,200, so you can't play the facilities card, Tennessee's are nicer, plus he's got Chris Lofton coming back..

The mystery coach is Rick Majeraus..

Frank will find you an up and comer this weekend in Atlanta.

Wash Hogwallop

He has been on the radio and TV over here (Knoxville) and he has no inclination of going anywhere.  He is set.  He likes it here.  He seems like he is not one to blow smoke up the locals skirts.

BigDeal

Quote from: Joe Davis on March 29, 2007, 09:16:40 pm
He has been on the radio and TV over here (Knoxville) and he has no inclination of going anywhere.  He is set.  He likes it here.  He seems like he is not one to blow smoke up the locals skirts.

That's great news. I hope he stays there. He sure doesn't belong anywhere westward.

Wash Hogwallop

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 09:14:31 pm
Pearl's not leaving Tennessee for Arkansas, he just turned down Iowa, and said he's staying.

Thompson Bowling Arena, is one of the few arena's in the country that's as nice as BWA, and it's capacity is more...  TBA has a capacity of 24,500 and BWA is 19,200, so you can't play the facilities card, Tennessee's are nicer, plus he's got Chris Lofton coming back..

Thompson Boling is being renovated too by the way.

Broken Trigger

Wasn't TBA built primarily for the women's program?  Not really a swipe at the Tennessee men's program, because you guys have a good team and the program is on the rise.  I was just curious.  Pearl is a good coach though.  What does he make?  If someone goes hard after him, then the Vols may have to pony up as well. 

Yoko Oinko

I crawled from TN to AR after a long night at Platinum Plus.
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

vol_in_ar

March 29, 2007, 09:38:42 pm #36 Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:40:27 pm by vol_in_ar
Quote from: Broken Trigger on March 29, 2007, 09:19:54 pm

Wasn't TBA built primarily for the women's program?  Not really a swipe at the Tennessee men's program, because you guys have a good team and the program is on the rise.  I was just curious.  Pearl is a good coach though.  What does he make?  If someone goes hard after him, then the Vols may have to pony up as well. 

It was built at the end of Don Devoe's reign, in 1987 and 1988.  Then Wade Houston came in with his son Allan.

Pearl's making a little over a million a year his contract is 5 years at 800,000 plus incentives, Fulmers at 2 Million plus and Pat makes a million a year.

The Hog

I saw a picture somewhere they were installing sky boxes in the arena.  Is this true?
Automatic RUN!

vol_in_ar

Quote from: The Hog on March 29, 2007, 09:40:02 pm

I saw a picture somewhere they were installing sky boxes in the arena.  Is this true?

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me

5 little pigs

Do you honestly think any decent coach would come into this train wreck that the Arkansas athletic department has become????

vol_in_ar

You'll get someone, jut not one of the Bill's

The Hog

Quote from: 5 little pigs on March 29, 2007, 09:43:16 pm
Do you honestly think any decent coach would come into this train wreck that the Arkansas athletic department has become????
The way things are going, it would not surprise me.  I am praying for a surprise though.
Automatic RUN!

granny grunt

It won't be a surprise...... more likely a shock!!!!!!

vol_in_ar

Tim Floyd, or Majeraus aren't bad options

TorsinAHog

W.
T.
F.

TWICE!!!!

Sounds like he is motivated to win to me :)
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

vol_in_ar

He is a winner, and a great motivator

He went to one of the main cafeteria's this year, and shook hands with students and encouraged them to come out to the games and support the BB team.

The students love him

cottonhog

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 10:03:44 pm

He went to one of the main cafeteria's this year, and shook hands with students and encouraged them to come out to the games and support the BB team.

The students love him

That' how Nutt started

hoginsanfran

Quote from: cottonhog on March 29, 2007, 10:05:11 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 29, 2007, 10:03:44 pm

The students love him

That' how Nutt started

bingo..

ask anyone in illinois how they feel about him harassing 17 year olds at 1AM~!

he is cutt from nutt's cloth.

vol_in_ar

He's not Nutt, he's winner

rem35403

Have you ever been to Bud Walton?  It's the second NICEST facility in the SEC after Rupp Arena.  Tennessee may be bigger, but bigger does not equal better.  Educate yourself.

If Arkansas had no other cards to play, they would still be able to play the facilities card.  Thank you, Frank.
War Damn Eagle