Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This guy really loves the hogs......

Started by hoginla, March 12, 2018, 01:36:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

March 12, 2018, 01:42:31 pm #1 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:55:56 pm by niels_boar
Decourcy never liked Nolan's teams either.  He predicted UF to the SS, UT to the EE, and Auburn to the SS and then doesn't give us any credit for beating them.  He also hammers us for having lost to LSU and MSU, both of whom were on the bubble and are in the NIT, but apparently has no problem with Butler losing to St. John's and Georgetown, both of whom have losing records.  They are 20 and 30 slots below LSU and MSU on Pomeroy, which he puts a lot of stock in.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

greenEGnHAWGS

Honestly, I'm happy that no one (other that Pat Bradley) are giving the Hogs any love. Feed the fire.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 12, 2018, 01:44:03 pm
Honestly, I'm happy that no one (other that Pat Bradley) are giving the Hogs any love. Feed the fire.

Agreed. Love the underdog role.

And this dude saying we were seeded too high is a joke. Tamu is also a 7 seed, and actually got placed against a team they should beat. We just got a really weird matchup.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

revolution

99toLife

jgphillips3

It's okay.  He'll have to eat those words in a few days.

revolution

99toLife

hogfan98

Also has Alabama as his sleeper team.

010HogFan

who from Arkansas peed in his cheerios?

AHorseWithNoName

I love not getting the hype!  We all remember what happened when we finally broke into the top 25 rankings!  For some reason, these guys play better as an underdog.  We must have Gafford play like a beast.  And Barford has to take the ball to the hoop more.  Physicality can pay off for us.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

The real Hogules

Mike Anderson needs to get Daryl Macon to a shrink, PDQ and get his head back on straight! His 3 point shots are looking awful and then he freezes and either drives, or passes up open looks. We desperately need Daryl to be Daryl when the lights come on against Butler. On a side note I like it when Daryl plays PG and gets a nice assist, but what he does that's extra special is drain the deep three in crunch time.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

It wouldn't shock me if we made it all the way to the Elite 8.  But it also wouldn't shock me if this guy's right and we get bounced by Butler.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 12, 2018, 05:13:32 pm
Mike Anderson needs to get Daryl Macon to a shrink, PDQ and get his head back on straight! His 3 point shots are looking awful and then he freezes and either drives, or passes up open looks. We desperately need Daryl to be Daryl when the lights come on against Butler. On a side note I like it when Daryl plays PG and gets a nice assist, but what he does that's extra special is drain the deep three in crunch time.

I've thought this as well. Seems as though he's lost his swag over the last several games. He really needs a few to drop right out of the gate to get it back.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

40MINSOFHELL

"Arkansas is just one of those teams in an NCAA tournament that Butler just beats. They just do. They're [Arkansas] a good team. But that's what Butler does." - Dan Dakich. This is what's being said.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on March 12, 2018, 05:47:08 pm
"Arkansas is just one of those teams in an NCAA tournament that Butler just beats. They just do. They're [Arkansas] a good team. But that's what Butler does." - Dan Dakich. This is what's being said.

And to think he got paid to write that...

MikePiazza

Nolan would've already shown this stuff to the guys. I'm sure Mike has too.

Even when the Hogs were a 1 seed in '94, they had to deal with this stuff. Arkansas has not and will never get respect. It's not even an inferiority complex, it's just human nature. Most people outside of this state look their nose down on it. It is what it is.

You have to earn everything.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Now GO WIN!

Go prove these ill informed morons wrong. We've been a lot of teams that would eat Butler alive.

GO WIN!