Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like 5* safety Brian Williams (RWIII's bro) headed to A&M

Started by Tejano Jawg, January 29, 2018, 11:36:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Just heard this on a Dallas radio station.

I hate this for a couple reasons—he won't be ours, and he'll be theirs (specifically A&M). I thought he might go to Texas, or somewhere far off like Notre Dame or Stanford.

I was hopeful until Rawleigh's last neck injury and retirement. It's a small thing, but I think there's a difference seeing your brother on the field having big-time success and all the momentum that accompanies that. Since the beginning of this past season, I had my doubts. I actually met Rawleigh's mom in the parking lot of my bank a few months ago. She said that Rawleigh really loved the U of A, but his experience can only go so far (with Brian). Maybe a year from now, Brian will think differently.

@CFBNewsToday
2019 5⭐️ Safety Commits to #TexasA&M Jimbo fishers first 2019 Commit is the #13 player in the country
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PintailKiller

There was a tweet from Rawleigh congratulating his brother on committing yesterday. When I didnt see it on HV, I knew it wasnt good news for the Hogs.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

FutureMan

Yeah, it's disappointing, but I don't begrudge the kid.  He needs to follow his own path.  He's a good kid from a good family and I will always hold his brother in high regard.  Good luck to him.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

ricepig

Quote from: PintailKiller on January 29, 2018, 11:39:39 am
There was a tweet from Rawleigh congratulating his brother on committing yesterday. When I didnt see it on HV, I knew it wasnt good news for the Hogs.

It was on here, I believe they moved it to the SEC forum.

aloha_kid

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 11:40:38 am
It was on here, I believe they moved it to the SEC forum.

He's a good smart kid.  I wish he would of went to ND or Stanford if it wasn't the Razorbacks, but I think he probably wanted to be close to home given the injuries RWIII suffered.   He's always been positive about the Razorbacks and I wish him the best.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Yeah, this is disappointing, but you knew that Jimbo was going to starting getting some good ones.

And I agree with TJ, I always felt like Rawleigh being at Arkansas was the only slim advantage we had, if any. And when he stopped playing, even tho he's still in school, things changed.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on January 29, 2018, 12:30:12 pm
Yeah, this is disappointing, but you knew that Jimbo was going to starting getting some good ones.

And I agree with TJ, I always felt like Rawleigh being at Arkansas was the only slim advantage we had, if any. And when he stopped playing, even tho he's still in school, things changed.

I never count any kid in as a signee until they are signed and faxed.

Including "shoo ins" like this one.

Danimal

Can't fault a guy for wanting to be closer to home. Best of luck to him.