Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 08:26:57 am

Bad fans.

Started by Randohoggie, January 27, 2018, 08:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Randohoggie

This board has all of them.  Disgusting and pathetic.  Enjoy your night ( I doubt you will).

bvillepig

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:16:49 pm
This board has all of them.  Disgusting and pathetic.  Enjoy your night ( I doubt you will).

I agree times 1000

Dominicanhog

How can they, the Hogs won.. no fun in bashmikeville tonight.

ShadowHawg

This the only forum you will see more negative than positive threads after a win. Everything from calling out specific positive posters to incredulous calls for the coaching staff's heads. Crazy man, crazy.

jst01

Poorly played games sometimes end in wins. In the long-run teams that play poor don't win anything of substance.

Randohoggie

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:21:55 pm
Poorly played games sometimes end in wins. In the long-run teams that play poor don't win anything of substance.

It's amazing that we manage to win so many more of them than we lose, amirite?

jgphillips3

Too many polarized fans more than bad ones.  But yeah...

pghawg1

WHAT IS SAD some would be BITCHING if we were 21-0

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:22:35 pm

Yes and amazingly 2 out of ever 6 years, we are one of the 68 teams to play in the tourney
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jst01

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:22:35 pm

You missed the key point. Games of substance (ie: games that truly mean something). This defense will be the end of this team. It's bad. Time will prove that out.

Randohoggie

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 27, 2018, 08:23:56 pm
Too many polarized fans more than bad ones.  But yeah...

I don't know that "polarized" is right.  You have fans that want us to win no matter what and then you have fans who just want their way, whether that means wins or losses.

Randohoggie

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:25:22 pm
You missed the key point. Games of substance (ie: games that truly mean something). This defense will be the end of this team. It's bad. Time will prove that out.

You can see the future?  Awesome.

P.S.  To people like you, the only "games of substance" are the ones we lose.

jst01

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:26:19 pm
You can see the future?  Awesome.

P.S.  To people like you, the only "games of substance" are the ones we lose.

7 years is not the future. This team is projected to be a 9 seed and guess what then? Will face a 1 seed. But you go ahead being happy to just be involved and competing.

bvillepig

I thought the defense especially Hall at the top of the key was outstanding fora stretch.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 27, 2018, 08:25:06 pm
Yes and amazingly 2 out of ever 6 years, we are one of the 68 teams to play in the tourney

You're hung up on games from 6 years ago? Sure...should've made it 6 years ago...

But what that has to do with tonight's win is what is confusing me...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Randohoggie

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:29:57 pm
7 years is not the future. This team is projected to be a 9 seed and guess what then? Will face a 1 seed. But you go ahead being happy to just be involved and competing.

Is the season over?

I thought not.  You are predicting the future.  If you tried that at this point last year, we would have finished in the NIT.

popcornhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2018, 08:19:53 pm
This the only forum you will see more negative than positive threads after a win. Everything from calling out specific positive posters to incredulous calls for the coaching staff's heads. Crazy man, crazy.

I think it's more the fact that an inordinate percentage of jump ball feels the need to be an extreme sunshine pumping moron or an extreme Mike hating moron.

Very few folks around here just enjoy the game, complain about struggles, rejoice in successes, and wait until the end of the year to judge the quality or lack of quality of the season.
WPS

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:29:57 pm

So...who are we playing and how much do we lose by? Will we be competitive vs them? Will the team grow any more in 2 months from tonight? I'd love to find out why you have angst toward the team due to who we lose to and HOW we lose in 2 months...

Do tell...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jst01

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:31:00 pm
Is the season over?

I thought not.  You are predicting the future.  If you tried that at this point last year, we would have finished in the NIT.

You can object to my prediction, but it's based on past results. I could also call yours as naive after being handed 7 years of evidence yet still thinking some great change will occur with the preparation and results we see with this program.

apcapri

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:21:55 pm

Only 1 team a year wins anything of substance so all in all about 346 teams play poorly.

Randohoggie

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:34:48 pm
You can object to my prediction, but it's based on past results. I could also call yours as naive after being handed 7 years of evidence yet still thinking some great change will occur with the preparation and results we see with this program.

Past results don't predict the future.  If they did, there would be no reason to play the season.

Randohoggie

Quote from: jst01 on January 27, 2018, 08:34:48 pm

Also, what did I predict?

TushCrush

Quote from: bvillepig on January 27, 2018, 08:30:08 pm
I thought the defense especially Hall at the top of the key was outstanding for a stretch.
You are correct. Hall was ON Averette.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 27, 2018, 08:25:06 pm

That is NOT a trend. And obviously we were robbed during our 22 win season campaign. I bet you loved Bert even after Toledo shut his fat mouth. I bet you raged when people called him Bert. All Mike has done is make our program better than its almost been in two decades and you people act like he ate your cat.

Stupid post.

thebignasty

Quote from: popcornhog on January 27, 2018, 08:33:30 pm
I think it's more the fact that an inordinate percentage of jump ball feels the need to be an extreme sunshine pumping moron or an extreme Mike hating moron.

Very few folks around here just enjoy the game, complain about struggles, rejoice in successes, and wait until the end of the year to judge the quality or lack of quality of the season.

yep
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

texas tush hog

Quote from: pghawg1 on January 27, 2018, 08:24:19 pm
WHAT IS SAD some would be BITCHING if we were 21-0

Here, here, Dilly, Dilly.

From Tusk Till Dawn

My sights are clearly alot lower than most.  Pretty simple equation for me.  Be competitive, win more than we lose, play in the big dance, hopefully make a run.  Sprinkle in a conference crown and thats gravy.  Would I like a return to the glory days, sure, but constantly bit€#ing wont get us there.

Knot2brite

Well I can't speak for anyone but myself...I am about to be a casual fan at best...maybe even a neutral fan...someone that will watch a few highlights of they win but otherwise my attention and my money goes somewhere else. Most will say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...but when the other fans stop going ( oh they will still buy the seats because they have to in order to kee their football seats...which is probably going to suck as well) then everyone who is a fan of the Arkansas Mike Andersons will be all alone to watch the same thing over and over ...have fun with that
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Randohoggie

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 27, 2018, 08:51:52 pm
Well I can't speak for anyone but myself...I am about to be a casual fan at best...maybe even a neutral fan...someone that will watch a few highlights of they win but otherwise my attention and my money goes somewhere else. Most will say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...but when the other fans stop going ( oh they will still buy the seats because they have to in order to kee their football seats...which is probably going to suck as well) then everyone who is a fan of the Arkansas Mike Andersons will be all alone to watch the same thing over and over ...have fun with that

Who gives a darn?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 27, 2018, 08:51:52 pm

Your name says it all...

Knot2brite

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:54:53 pm
Your name says it all...
oh yeah...that was the comeback of the century...the origin of my name does not reflect the intelligence I have but explaining it to you would waste more time than I am willing to do...just feel warm and fuzzy  that you told me off

hawkhawg

It is sad that some of our "Fans" seems to be more excited about loses than wins.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 08:52:41 pm
Who gives a darn?
Obviously you do...you posted about it ....

Torqued pork

Fans are weird.  Once their team has successful runs like they had during the Sutton and Richardson eras they don't tolerate a two-decade  drop off too well. Go figure.

BrooklynRoss

I thought it was weird that when we saw people sitting in the floor seats, the average age was 75. Is there anything we can do about this?
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 27, 2018, 08:57:34 pm
oh yeah...that was the comeback of the century...the origin of my name does not reflect the intelligence I have but explaining it to you would waste more time than I am willing to do...just feel warm and fuzzy  that you told me off

Ha ha...I mean...cmon. You just ranted on and on about becoming a casual fan or even less...in the middle of the 15-6 season...after he just won a game...

Forgive me for not picking up my pitchfork to chase Mike off right now, but I'll choose to wait to the end of the season to make judgment calls. But hey, maybe it's just cuz I'm...not so bright...

AirWarren

15-6!!!!!

Fire mike!!!!!!!

Awful season!!!!!!!!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:30:11 pm
You're hung up on games from 6 years ago? Sure...should've made it 6 years ago...

But what that has to do with tonight's win is what is confusing me...
Not hung up. Someone suggested that it is a pattern that we win these type of games. I simply mentioned a "pattern" that has 6 years of relevancy. I'm sure you can see the correlation. Go Hogs
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HoopS

Lol. Some of you. Yep, go ahead and quit following the Hogs. Tonight. After finally beating freaking OSU. Some of you seem miserable.

pigture perfect

Just because some of us can critique and analyze a game and find areas that we need to improve doesn't mean we are bad fans. Some of us have coached and one of the hazards of the trade is that We tend to look for things that others can't see.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: popcornhog on January 27, 2018, 08:33:30 pm

This right here.

I love the fact that we won.  I am frustrated by our continued poor play early in games. 

I love how hard we fight.  I hate that we can't figure out how to play aggressive D without leaving shooters wide open.

I loved our offense early in the season, when we were constantly attacking the basket.  I hate our offense now, where we stand around and wait for Barford, Macon, or Beard to play hero ball.

There are good and bad things about this team.  Looking at our record, we are a better than average team.  But the legitimate problems make it hard to trust we will do anything come tourney time.
All Gas, No Brakes!