Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking at tomorrow's game as a precursor to the rest of the season

Started by lakecityhog, September 29, 2017, 11:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

How does the NMSU game project the future for this season?
If we win in a blowout will you have more confidence going forward?
If we win, but look bad doing it how will you feel moving forward?
If we win in a nail-biter finish?

For me, this is a pretty good team and we could struggle with them for at least the first half. We should win going away, say maybe a 17 point game. Truthfully I am much more interested in HOW we play. Do we come out with some passion? Do we look sharp? Do we play a clean game with few penalties? Are we organized? Have we cleaned up the breakdowns?

If NMSU schemes their way to 1 or 2 really BIG plays where we have defensive breakdowns I think that we will know what the future holds for us. SEC OC's will study film and scheme to put us in those very same predicaments the rest of the way.
We pretty much know what defenses are going to do and unless changes are made we pretty much know what to expect

LZH

With BB and his bunch, you never know. We could lose 24-21 or win 67-10. I have long since quit trying to figure us out.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2017, 11:24:09 pm
With BB and his bunch, you never know. We could lose 24-21 or win 67-10. I have long since quit trying to figure us out.
I'll probably start cursing before the game...

hobhog

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2017, 11:24:09 pm

67-10? Remind me.

Regardless I'd like to see a comfortable win, and a blow out would be great.

It would be nice for us to take control of a game and make it ours.  But not likely.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 29, 2017, 11:26:38 pm
I'll probably start cursing before the game...

I'm quite certain I'll start drinking before the game.

PossumFan

moses_007

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2017, 11:37:57 pm
I'm quite certain I'll start drinking before the game.
I used to do that, particularly before and during big games.  I don't do it anymore since I discovered that I can take a loss much better if I haven't been drinking.........

DeltaBoy

We built a nice lead but let.them score too much for me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog47

Lets face it we just suck. This was New Mexico state for crying out loud. Our OL can't block the girls BB team.  They are weak, no energy, and unaware.  This team will not win but 1 more game. Bank on it.

Tusks

Quote from: hog47 on September 30, 2017, 03:16:47 pm
Lets face it we just suck. This was New Mexico state for crying out loud. Our OL can't block the girls BB team.  They are weak, no energy, and unaware.  This team will not win but 1 more game. Bank on it.

USCe, OMU, Coastal and Mizz are the best chances for wins.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit