Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 13, 2012, 02:59:23 pm
So far I've locked in . . .

(locked these in Wed night)
USC          -7
Sips          -10 (bought the hook)
Va Tech     -10

(locked this in this a.m.)
Hogs         +21

Looking at both of tonight's games, as well as being open to some suggested Sat action.

where the hell did you get USC @-1?!?!?! I saw it get to -8 and thought that was free money right there, unfortunately I had already placed all my bets and didnt wanna put anymore money on the line for th weekend

SPAL

I think Ark +21 is great value. I am hoping it is 22 on Saturday. If Tyler plays, that's an easy cover. Problem is, we likely will not know till the first play.

Dr. Starcs

Backed off maryland / uconn game.

Changed to Penn St -7 over Navy.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 13, 2012, 03:57:57 pm
Backed off maryland / uconn game.

Changed to Penn St -7 over Navy.

damn, just because I said I liked it? ;)
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hawgndaaz

my site now has the bears at +5 with the over at 51.5

stay away?

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 13, 2012, 03:04:01 pm
where the hell did you get USC @-1?!?!?! I saw it get to -8 and thought that was free money right there, unfortunately I had already placed all my bets and didnt wanna put anymore money on the line for th weekend

It briefly hit -7 on my site and I just happened (i.e. luck) to be on the site.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Dr. Starcs

Lol. Will, it still may be a good bet. All right, I'm in again on it.

Maryland +3 over uconn.

Easy for me to do, when I dont actually have any $$$ on it. Lol

ed_wheeley

SPAL

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 13, 2012, 05:15:12 pm
BYU -3 @ Utah??? Is that not easy money?

on the surface, it looms like a 5* play....line should be 10. Its one of the games I'm researching and evaluating. Something seems off, so I'm looking further into it.

Hooch

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 13, 2012, 05:30:04 pm
on the surface, it looms like a 5* play....line should be 10. Its one of the games I'm researching and evaluating. Something seems off, so I'm looking further into it.

Im going teaser with bears +12 and Rutgers +14, if I don't hit this I am gonna chill for a bit. 

yraciv

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 13, 2012, 05:15:12 pm
BYU -3 @ Utah??? Is that not easy money?

No! Utah can definitely play and I expect them to bounce back and win this game. They just had a fluke down week, but they killed BYU in Provo last year. I expect a good tight game.

SPAL

September 13, 2012, 09:53:45 pm #1061 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:24:18 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Quote from: yraciv on September 13, 2012, 05:34:58 pm
No! Utah can definitely play and I expect them to bounce back and win this game. They just had a fluke down week, but they killed BYU in Provo last year. I expect a good tight game.
Utah home dog, but down a qb and like u mentioned, Utah looks to bounce back.  I still think Byu should cover, but its a game I've evaluated and taken off my board.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 13, 2012, 03:33:38 pm
I think Ark +21 is great value. I am hoping it is 22 on Saturday. If Tyler plays, that's an easy cover. Problem is, we likely will not know till the first play.

If u can lose outright to ULM nothing should be an easy cover even if Marino plays qb for the hogs!
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hooch on September 13, 2012, 05:31:29 pm
Im going teaser with bears +12 and Rutgers +14, if I don't hit this I am gonna chill for a bit.

watchin the bears game with 3 minutes left and i was pullin for chicago to score for ya... sorry man!

ed_wheeley

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 13, 2012, 09:53:45 pm
Utah home dog, byu down a qb and like u mentioned, Utah looks to bounce back.  I still think Byu should cover, but its a game I've evaluated and taken off my board.

It's Utah's QB that quit, not BYU.

I meant to take the points on Rutgers-South Florida, but I accidentally picked Rutgers to win the game... Worked out nicely.

SPAL

Winner on my thursday night play....

12-8 YTD Record

So far tomorrow.

Notred Dame +5.5 / 5 unit play

Byu -3 / 5 unit play

Va Tech -10 / dime play 10 units

Uconn -2.5 / 2 units

Tx A&M -12.5 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 13, 2012, 02:59:23 pm
So far I've locked in . . .

(locked these in Wed night)
USC          -7
Sips          -10 (bought the hook)
Va Tech     -10

(locked this in this a.m.)
Hogs         +21

Looking at both of tonight's games, as well as being open to some suggested Sat action.

Added TAMU     -12.5

Huckleberry Pig

I need to work on being more patient with the lines.. picked up USC, Texas, and a&m on monday and could get them all for better lines today. 

BTW the pack looked GOOD on defense last night.  Didnt realize this but Jay Cutler at Lambeau field has something like 2 TD to 11 INT's... anybody else remember seeing the exact numbers? It's something outrageous.  Has a passer rating of something awful too.  Just does not like playing there haha

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 14, 2012, 09:03:33 am
I need to work on being more patient with the lines.. picked up USC, Texas, and a&m on monday and could get them all for better lines today. 

BTW the pack looked GOOD on defense last night.  Didnt realize this but Jay Cutler at Lambeau field has something like 2 TD to 11 INT's... anybody else remember seeing the exact numbers? It's something outrageous.  Has a passer rating of something awful too.  Just does not like playing there haha

His attitude on the sideline drives me crazy...a little b*tch.  I didn't see any of the O-line or skill players or defense get in his face for the 4 picks he threw, or his 42% completion %.

Anyone see Charles Woodson's quote about Cutler? 
     "Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it," Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball."

HogPharmer

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 14, 2012, 09:03:33 am

Think Cutler got sacked like 7 times last night and threw 2 INTs too... Clay Matthews KILLED the Bears left side
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: HogPharmer on September 14, 2012, 09:45:07 am
Think Cutler got sacked like 7 times last night and threw 2 INTs too... Clay Matthews KILLED the Bears left side

try 4 INTs!!! it was pathetic... and ya Matthews had a field day out there, his explosiveness is unreal.  not only that but he goes 100% every play, and even when you block him he wont give up.  Fun to watch!

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 14, 2012, 09:21:04 am
His attitude on the sideline drives me crazy...a little b*tch.  I didn't see any of the O-line or skill players or defense get in his face for the 4 picks he threw, or his 42% completion %.

Anyone see Charles Woodson's quote about Cutler? 
     "Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it," Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball."

hahahah this is awesome! love Woodson.  And Jay's body language on the sideline alone would be enough to tic me off if i was on his team.  Just acts like a pre madona biach.  not a fan

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2012, 09:25:27 am
My official bets for the weekend:

College:

Texas a&m (-13.5) vs SMU -- 4 units

USC (-10) vs Stanford -- 4 units

Texas (-10.5) vs Ole Miss -- 4 units

NFL:

Dallas Cowboys (-3) vs Seattle Seahawks -- 1 unit

Bank:  325
NCAA Record: 4-4
Profit: +25
NFL Record: 2-2
Profit: +50
Total Profit: +75
1 Unit = 25

just a refresher on my bets for the weekend, good luck everyone!

HogPharmer

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 14, 2012, 09:50:53 am
hahahah this is awesome! love Woodson.  And Jay's body language on the sideline alone would be enough to tic me off if i was on his team.  Just acts like a pre madona biach.  not a fan

Almost as bad as Phillip Rivers

DadVader1

Got kinda carried away this weekend. Added 4 more (1 unit each):

Texas -10.5
Missouri -6
LSU -42.5
Miss. St. -16

Hawgndaaz

Did everyone hit Rutgers last night? They looked pretty solid. Will probably make more dollars off them this season. Glad I didn't go with Da Bears!

Think I am riding yalls coattails this weekend.

TaMu -12.5
Texas -10
BYU -3.5

louisville -3?
mizzou -6?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 14, 2012, 10:31:20 am
Did everyone hit Rutgers last night? They looked pretty solid. Will probably make more dollars off them this season. Glad I didn't go with Da Bears!

Think I am riding yalls coattails this weekend.

TaMu -12.5
Texas -10
BYU -3.5

louisville -3?
mizzou -6?

yep Rutgers looked good, and the score probably should have been a little worse than it was to be honest.  lots of mistakes in the 1st quarter for Rutgers, missed INT at the goal line that led to a reception for USF on the 1 yrd line... this could be a good team to make some $ on.

Huckleberry Pig

i'm staying away from the mizzou game.  ASU has a decent squad and I think they put up a fight.  I think mizzou is deflated from their beat down to Georgia, wondering how they respond. do they come out and prove themselves against ASU or do they lose a little confidence and say "okay, maybe we aren't as good as we thought".  should be a high scoring game. 

Still like mizzou to win but havn't seen enough of them or ASU to make an educated bet (if there is such a thing lol)

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 14, 2012, 11:06:13 am
i'm staying away from the mizzou game.  ASU has a decent squad and I think they put up a fight.  I think mizzou is deflated from their beat down to Georgia, wondering how they respond. do they come out and prove themselves against ASU or do they lose a little confidence and say "okay, maybe we aren't as good as we thought".  should be a high scoring game. 

Still like mizzou to win but havn't seen enough of them or ASU to make an educated bet (if there is such a thing lol)

also wouldnt be surprised to see mizzou looking ahead to South Carolina next week

Hawgndaaz

just took:

A&M -12.5 2 units
USC -8.5    1 unit
Texas -10   2 units
Bama -20    1 unit

just for giggles, 20 dollar parlay

TEXAS A&M -12½
VIRGINIA TECH -10
SOUTHERN MISS -7½
MISSOURI -6-110

SPAL

September 14, 2012, 04:01:05 pm #1082 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:27:00 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
o/54 unlv wazzu W

Since 1894

I opened this thread because I thought there were going to be photos of Hogville members.

MY BAD
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Quote from: Since 1894 on September 14, 2012, 04:06:33 pm
I opened this thread because I thought there were going to be photos of Hogville members.

MY BAD

Picks not pics!
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

wwwhogfan

A&M | -11 | 3 units

Florida | +3 | 1 unit

USC | -8.5 | 3 units

Texas | -9.5 | 1 unit

Notre Dame | +5.5 | 1 unit

BYU | -3 | 3 units

bsking

My picks:

VT -10
USC -7 (4 units)
A&M -10
Florida +3
49ers -7
Saints -3
Cowboys -3 (5 units)

yraciv

September 14, 2012, 09:01:30 pm #1088 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:07:39 pm by yraciv
YTD: 17-8-1, +3.5 units

USC -8.5 - 3 units L
Notre Dame +6 - 2 units W
UCONN -3 - 2 units P
A&M -11 - 1 unit W
Northwestern -3.5 - 1 unit W
Houston/UCLA Under 76 - 1 unit W
LA Lafayette +23.5 - 1 unit   L

Adding mizzou -6 / 5 unit play.  That should almost be the easiest money of the week.  Forget about Georgia.  I promise arky st isn't Georgia.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 14, 2012, 09:09:28 pm
Adding mizzou -6 / 5 unit play.  That should almost be the easiest money of the week.  Forget about Georgia.  I promise arky st isn't Georgia.

Hey man, I believe that is Arizona St, not Ark St.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

bsking

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 14, 2012, 09:21:08 pm
Hey man, I believe that is Arizona St, not Ark St.

Yeah Ariz St. has a pretty good offense.  Too many points scored in that one for me to call Mizzou covering.

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 14, 2012, 04:01:05 pm
o/54 unlv wazzu
at halftime, I thought this would be an easy w. Had to wait a little longer than I would have liked, but a win is a win...

YTD RECoRD 13-8

It's money making time of the year and im making money!
Let's make some waves.

Sorry my bad. Zona st, doesn't matter expect mizzou to roll! Whether we like it or not.
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

I've backed off Maryland / Uconn (again).

Neither team is very good, but uconn played NC St well last week. Just not sure about it.

McKdaddy

I've now offset my bet on theHogs +21, by taking Bama -21. I took the Hogs after Tyler got moving around on Wednesday, but now, without him (it seems), I'll be willing to lose the juice.

Porked Tongue

SPAL

September 15, 2012, 09:57:52 am #1098 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:29:02 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
my Saturday picks are :
Oklahoma St. --23.....W
Maryland +3......p
auburn-15......L
Penn St/navy U48......W

2-1-1

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 15, 2012, 12:13:23 am
Sorry my bad. Zona st, doesn't matter expect mizzou to roll! Whether we like it or not.

I had Arizona St winning outright, now with Franklin out that seems even more likely....but I'm not a fan if betting on teams using a. backup when nobody knows anything about him.