Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cut to the chase

Started by longpig, August 31, 2017, 10:34:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

and raze WMS.  Damn shame that stadium wasn't full! 
Don't be scared, be smart.

RagingHawgOn

Oh hell. Here we go.

Good gawd. Rainy Thursday night against FAMU. Hell, there were more people in the stands at the end than there were in Death Valley two years ago in the THIRD quarter.

TebowHater

I thought this was going to be a lame pun about Chase Hayden.

Wildhog

Quote from: TebowHater on August 31, 2017, 10:38:03 pm
I thought this was going to be a lame pun about Chase Hayden.

Same here.  He's gonna be special.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on August 31, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
Oh hell. Here we go.

Good gawd. Rainy Thursday night against FAMU. Hell, there were more people in the stands at the end than there were in Death Valley two years ago in the THIRD quarter.

Good point. Death Valley was a ghost down in the 2 nod half that night.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

longpig

Oh hell. Here we go.

Rainy? 

Pig in the Pokey

Oh hell. Here we go.

i wasnt raining bruh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgphat

My TV screen showed an awful lot of empty seats.  I really don't know what to make of that fact; - - and I don't feel qualified to speculate.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: longpig on August 31, 2017, 11:04:16 pm
Rainy?

Excuse me dammit. Rainy in my part of the state. Can't imagine it was sunshine and rainbows in LR. Geez.

Ugly Uncle

Lazy people that want to prove a point won't drive to Little Rock from NWA.  If Central Arkansas fans didn't drive to Fayetteville, they couldn't fill that stadium either.

I was a NWA guy for 10 years and still drove to watch the Hogs play.  I'd have driven to Camden and watched them play in Cardinal stadium, but that is just me.

Little Rock's stadium didn't keep up, but lets stop with these stupid threads...Little Rock didn't fail Arkansas, NWA fans did.

Just pull the games out of the Rock...as much as I hate to say it.  The stadium is old and small and LR crime and...and...and...

And when the Uof A was establishing itself as THE state school, Little Rock carried them.  My earliest memories are of LR games. 

Those times are gone...I get it...

But you are ignorant if you are blaming small crowds on LR when we have weak fans not willing to travel.
Retired Radio Host

Uberanubis

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 31, 2017, 11:27:17 pm
Lazy people that want to prove a point won't drive to Little Rock from NWA.  If Central Arkansas fans didn't drive to Fayetteville, they couldn't fill that stadium either.

I was a NWA guy for 10 years and still drove to watch the Hogs play.  I'd have driven to Camden and watched them play in Cardinal stadium, but that is just me.

Little Rock's stadium didn't keep up, but lets stop with these stupid threads...Little Rock didn't fail Arkansas, NWA fans did.

Just pull the games out of the Rock...as much as I hate to say it.  The stadium is old and small and LR crime and...and...and...

And when the Uof A was establishing itself as THE state school, Little Rock carried them.  My earliest memories are of LR games. 

But you are ignorant if you are blaming small crowds on LR when we have weak fans not willing to travel.

i was there, its was spitting a bit at the start but other wise dry. i am super happy because i was able to take my to boys to their very first razorback game. it was fantastic. and my fondest memories of the hogs have always been in WMS. times change but i will always have those memories.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

010HogFan

You can say pretty much whatever you want about NWA fans not traveling, that is honestly a true statement...but it says a lot that we can't even come close to filling up a 40,000 or less seat stadium for the opener. Little Rock metro area's population should be able to take care of that by itself.

longpig

You sucked and failed at being a sports reporter for a reason. Get back to your ignorant fold.

HogPharmer

Longpig... [Dou che]-arian extraordinaire... central, south, and east Arkansas fans don't care about FAMU just like NWA fans don't care about FAMU. I'm not gonna pay good money AND take time off work to go see us beat up on some team that's a half step above high school talent-wise. Just drop it. It's time to move all home games to NWA, but don't be an ass... It's quite unbecoming. We're all rooting for the same team so stop acting like a [Dou che].
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: longpig on August 31, 2017, 11:45:51 pm
You sucked and failed at being a sports reporter for a reason. Get back to your ignorant fold.

Hmmm.  I guess I hurt your feelings.  Sorry about that.  You can say I sucked, you can say I failed, you can call my flock ignorant, but you can't say I'm wrong.  Well, you can, but then you would be 0-4 in your assertions about me.
Retired Radio Host

Michael_E_Davis

Lazy?  Because I get off work at 6:00PM on Thursday,  and don't want to Drive almost  4 hours from Fayetteville, waste all that gas to get their late in the game,  to watch us finish beating Florida AM?   Did you ride the short bus?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

moses_007

This is what happens after a dismal 7-6 season and when the head coach has a losing record.  It didn't appear to be over 30,000 fans in the stadium tonight.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 31, 2017, 11:55:33 pm
Lazy?  Because I get off work at 6:00PM on Thursday,  and don't want to Drive almost  4 hours from Fayetteville, waste all that gas to get their late in the game,  to watch us finish beating Florida AM?   Did you ride the short bus?

You must have a really slow car...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

bphi11ips

You're excused.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Ugly Uncle

Michael, I am aggravated by the constant threads about this.  We know that games are leaving LR.  Truly, on a Thursday night not too many people would travel. 

While I was in NWA...you know failing on the radio show...I would get aggravated with folks screaming, "Look!  Can't even fill the stadium". When the teams were not very good and no one from NWA would drive to "that dump." 

I made a point of saying, "If Central Arkansas Fans didn't drive there would be less than 50k in DWRRS too."

I get it.  The stadium didn't keep up.  DWRRS became a show place.  But weak fans chose to abandon the LR games to prove a point.  To keep all the games in NWA.  So, the constant threads about this are really tiresome.

Now, on a Thursday night for a Florida A.M. I get why you and others wouldn't make the trip.  I didn't mean to lump you into the crowd that constantly start threads like this.

We get it.  No more Little Rock games.
Retired Radio Host

HogFoo

It was embarrassing that the stadium wasn't filled.  Look, I understand people wanting to play at WMS. But let's be honest.  It is like a road game for our team.  The hogs used to need games there because it had more seats than Fayetteville did.  Well, it doesn't anymore, in fact, after the next renovation is done, that's it for WMS. We lose money playing in little rock. 

I guarantee if the game had been played in Fayetteville tonight there would have been at least 50k show up.  Maybe more. But instead, people across country got to see a crappy stadium, with very bad crowd.  That's not what we want to put out there for people to see!  We want to put out a view of our beautiful Fayetteville campus and stadium! 

Wms had it's day.  It filled it's need.  Now it's no longer needed.  And after the bowled in renovations are done in Fayetteville, WMS will not even be the louder of the 2 stadiums. Time to kill the series.  Wally was right.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogPharmer

Quote from: HogFoo on September 01, 2017, 12:11:32 am
It was embarrassing that the stadium wasn't filled.  Look, I understand people wanting to play at WMS. But let's be honest.  It is like a road game for our team.  The hogs used to need games there because it had more seats than Fayetteville did.  Well, it doesn't anymore, in fact, after the next renovation is done, that's it for WMS. We lose money playing in little rock. 

I guarantee if the game had been played in Fayetteville tonight there would have been at least 50k show up.  Maybe more. But instead, people across country got to see a crappy stadium, with very bad crowd.  That's not what we want to put out there for people to see!  We want to put out a view of our beautiful Fayetteville campus and stadium! 

Wms had it's day.  It filled it's need.  Now it's no longer needed.  And after the bowled in renovations are done in Fayetteville, WMS will not even be the louder of the 2 stadiums. Time to kill the series.  Wally was right.

It's embarrassing to lose to Auburn 56-3. It's embarrassing to lose to MIZZOU and Va Tech after a first half shut out while being up 24 points. "People" aren't tuning in to watch how many fans are in the stands. And you could hardly see the empty seats until late in the game. People who can't drive 6-7 hours to see a game take their kids to see their first razorback game at WMS. That's not an embarrassment. The games are being phased out and I'm all for that. But why attack a fan base that cheers for the same team as you do? Why attack the same fan base that calls the hogs just like everyone in NWA does?

DeltaBoy

Thursday night with the Labor day weekend right after plus a bad opponent made for a low attendance. Plus it was on TV.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Three and Snout

Quote from: HogPharmer on September 01, 2017, 12:24:53 am
And you could hardly see the empty seats until late in the game.

Right before halftime.

DeltaBoy

AMEN UU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds