Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$6 per seat....

Started by MAL3, September 27, 2017, 04:32:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MAL3

StubHub has tickets to the game on Saturday. It's an excellent time to take your family if you've never been able to afford to go!

JohnnyJohn

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

I'm trying to find SEC games that are cheaper than those.

Vandy/UK is $16
Vandy/Mizzou is $6
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

You can make this an Arkansas thing if you want, but reality is (I think it's intentionally being looked over at the moment) is attendance is down across the board in football, NCAA and NFl and even before this past weeks kneeling deal

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 04:43:09 pm
I'm trying to find SEC games that are cheaper than those.

Vandy/UK is $16
Vandy/Mizzou is $6

You would have to compare it to a non con game.

Our cheapest conference game (on StubHub) is vs. Mizzou for $14.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on September 27, 2017, 04:45:52 pm
You would have to compare it to a non con game.

Our cheapest conference game (on StubHub) is vs. Mizzou for $14.

Oh, I'm not worried about the non-cons.  We have some of the lowest SEC prices, though. 

It will be interesting to see how attendance looks the rest of the year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MAL3

Not trying to make it an Arkansas thing. Trying to bring up the point if you have a big family or maybe a church youth group, this is the time to take people who have never been. Should be a great game!

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

Is $6 the lowest the tickets can go?

Seems like that is the default low price for a lot of these non-con games.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RzRbAcK18

I am thinking of taking my family. We cannot afford to go to conference games and have young kids who will most likely not make it the entire game so this is a great opportunity. Will be sitting in the nose bleeds but it is still fun for a family like mine who normally has to watch from home.

ricepig

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on September 27, 2017, 04:56:07 pm
I am thinking of taking my family. We cannot afford to go to conference games and have young kids who will most likely not make it the entire game so this is a great opportunity. Will be sitting in the nose bleeds but it is still fun for a family like mine who normally has to watch from home.

Sounds great, enjoy the game.

PygmalionEffect2

Quote$6 per seat

What's the StubHub fee with this?

It's typically around $15-$20 per ticket isn't it?

Would need to factor that in.

Still not bad to see the Missouri game.  Chance to watch an SEC win, would have kind of a "history in the making" feel to it.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

JohnnyJohn

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on September 27, 2017, 05:34:55 pm

No it is not.

Cassperr

Sectickets.com has th same tickets with a 2.75 fee for each ticket.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Poker_hog

Still not bad to see the Missouri game.  Chance to watch an SEC win, would have kind of a "history in the making" feel to it.

It's a percentage on most tickets.  Not sure if there is a minimum.  I'd assume so on tickets they have to ship.  Not sure on electronic tickets.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

BassinHawg

The cheapest 3 Ring Circus tickets you will ever buy!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

rhames

That's awesome. You guys will have a blast. Woo pig
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HoggyCat

I thought scalping www illegal...
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 27, 2017, 04:45:14 pm
You can make this an Arkansas thing if you want, but reality is (I think it's intentionally being looked over at the moment) is attendance is down across the board in football, NCAA and NFl and even before this past weeks kneeling deal

That's because nobody wants to be packed into a stadium like a sardine anymore.

RzRbAcK18

I did Stub Hub and for 4  $8.00 tickets it came to $49.

East Clintwood

Quote from: MAL3 on September 27, 2017, 04:49:00 pm
Not trying to make it an Arkansas thing. Trying to bring up the point if you have a big family or maybe a church youth group, this is the time to take people who have never been. Should be a great game!

I t does lower the cost to attend but you've still got gas, food, hotels to cover at regular prices.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

onebadrubi

That is great!!!!  Hopefully you can swing some small momento for those youngins and they will grow up a huge big fan or better a letterman or woman at the U of A!!!

Piglicious_7880

My wife and I decided to take our son to his first game this weekend and really looking forward to it. We haven't been to a game in about 8 years and were able to score some great seats for this weekends game.

Three and Snout

Sounds like a $6 pass to go back into the stadium after halftime tailgating...

8)

1highhog

Quote from: MAL3 on September 27, 2017, 04:32:55 pm
StubHub has tickets to the game on Saturday. It's an excellent time to take your family if you've never been able to afford to go!

For ones wanting to get rid of their tickets to the game this Saturday it's going to be tough, I've seen some nice lower bowl seats going for below $20.00 so far.  For some who want to go to the game for the first time you can probably walk up and get some for free Saturday morning.

Three and Snout

Quote from: 1highhog on September 27, 2017, 10:20:44 pm
For some who want to go to the game for the first time you can probably walk up and get some for free Saturday morning.

Right before kickoff, I also expect this to be true.

buldozer

No problem, there will be lots of empty seats in every section. Once the game starts, just move wherever you want and enjoy!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Three and Snout on September 27, 2017, 09:41:28 pm
Sounds like a $6 pass to go back into the stadium after halftime tailgating...

8)
great idea! can go get some smoke, err , smoked meats and beers in ya, then back to your good seats w/ the $6 ticket getting you back in the gate.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

moses_007

High as hell ticket prices, plus every game on TV has killed ticket sales.  I haven't been to the stadium in years, but I have a physical condition that prohibits that at my age.  I know I wouldn't pay $80 or more for a football ticket when it's on TV for free. 

FANONTHEHILL

If you can get the kids to stay, try this. Following the game, take your kids to the west (Razorback Rd.) side of the Fred Smith Football Center.  The players parking lot is across the street from the football indoor.  It's a great chance for your kids to meet players and get autographs.  Players will come out about 30-40 minutes after leaving the field.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hogsanity

I did that a ton with my older son when he was 5,6,7 yrs old. This we 2003-2005. We would go up day of and got tickets given to us outside the stadium more than once. If we did buy it was upper deck, and we had a great time. OF course I think face value was only 20 or 25 back then too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

This is yet another indication that major football programs and conferences are eventually going to learn that fans' tolerance for paying to see terrible matchups against inferior opponents if not limitless.  People don't want to go to these games, and a lot of them probably don't even want to watch them.  Even if they do watch "their" team play a cupcake, they aren't going to watch some other P5 team beat up on a hapless rent a win.

This isn't just an Arkansas thing, it is a Reality of 2017 and Beyond thing.  There are plenty of choices for how to spend entertainment dollars, and if the big boys and conferences of college football want people to continue to buy what they are selling at some point they are going to have to quit offering substandard products.

phadedhawg

This is NW Arkansas not LR...most likely the stadium will be full.  That's why we need to move all the games to Razorback Stadium. 

Polecat

Can probably have someone hand you free tickets if you're walking around outside the stadium Sat morning
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 28, 2017, 01:58:34 pm
This is NW Arkansas not LR...most likely the stadium will be full.  That's why we need to move all the games to Razorback Stadium. 

Maybe, maybe not.  The point is that many of the people in the stadium will have either paid $6 for their seats...or at least some discount rate...or gotten in free.  How long is a system in which season ticket buyers sell their tickets to half the games on the schedule for 10% of what they paid or give them away sustainable in 2017...and beyond?

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 04:48:56 am
High as hell ticket prices, plus every game on TV has killed ticket sales.  I haven't been to the stadium in years, but I have a physical condition that prohibits that at my age.  I know I wouldn't pay $80 or more for a football ticket when it's on TV for free. 

You don't pay for cable or satellite?

1highhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 28, 2017, 01:58:34 pm

roflmao.  You must have gotten ahold of some shrooms if you actually believe that RRS will be full Saturday, I will doubt that there will be 60,000 there although they will announce a bigger crowd because of tickets sold.

moses_007

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2017, 03:09:09 pm
You don't pay for cable or satellite?
Nope.  I get ESPN and SEC Network on the Roku.  PM me if you want to know how.

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 04:53:17 pm
Nope.  I get ESPN and SEC Network on the Roku.  PM me if you want to know how.

Nope, I'm good. You either pay or you pirate it, it's not available for free.