Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting article on bang for the buck in recruiting

Started by Chief Mac, July 07, 2013, 04:55:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

link to a sortable chart at the end of the article

Leading the way in 2012 was Auburn, followed by Tennessee. Both schools are in an exceptionally competitive conference, and face very tough regional competition for talent (the rest of the SEC). Auburn spent $2,544,910 on recruiting, with $2,252,990 for the Volunteers. Notre Dame was third with $2,048,964, followed by Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan and Nebraska. Ohio State was 24th, spending $1,289,623, less than Minnesota, Washington, Texas Tech and Illinois, among others.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/7/7/4490880/college-football-recruiting-most-bang-for-their-buck
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

rzrbackramsfan

I found it interesting how up there arkansas was in ticket sales. Looked like 5 or 6.  And that. Was for a bad year.  Also, we're up there in recruiting budget.  I feel like arkansas is about to take a huge jump.

SquidBilly

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 07, 2013, 05:45:50 pm
I found it interesting how up there arkansas was in ticket sales. Looked like 5 or 6.  And that. Was for a bad year.  Also, we're up there in recruiting budget.  I feel like arkansas is about to take a huge jump.

But look at our donation number.  It's still one of the lowest in the SEC.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ATLpiggie on July 07, 2013, 07:11:07 pm
But look at our donation number.  It's still one of the lowest in the SEC.
You are correct. The profitability of the athletic department indicates a well run organization. +1 Jeff Long

" GO HOGS "