Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

if T a@m comes to the SEC, does the conf add another team, realign, 'what'

Started by vandybuff, September 07, 2011, 11:55:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

ADAM_713

we drop Vandy.  :)  j/k.   

Dunno who we add.   I would like to see Clemson or GA Tech.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: IdontgiveAdam_713 on September 07, 2011, 12:38:45 pm

Those two won't happen.  They're already in the SEC footprint, and Tech was already a member.  They don't bring anything to the table in terms of added value or television sets.

nole10591

Les Miles is on Rome saying that he is hearing that SEC is interested in the MARKET teams like Va. Tech and Maryland ?????? WOW !
So long lost DECADE !!!

vandybuff

Quote from: IdontgiveAdam_713 on September 07, 2011, 12:38:45 pm

haha!  I assume you know that a significant portion of Vandy alumni would like to see us leave the SEC.  i would not. 
But back to your kind reply, of those two I would rather see Ga Tech. 

Catfish John

Miles is just being wishful because he heard the grass tastes good in the D.C. area.
I went to something called brunch, at which a piece of fried chicken became soaked in egg yolk.  My life will never be the same.

azhog10

I say W.V. Only because they are much like us in that they are the biggest and main University in that state. Marshall is comparable in a sense to Ark St. It also brings us a little more north and give us a little bit of the D.C. action. Plus, they have already shown interest and for now it's a quick get to even out the conference until other things take place for us to pick up two more.

vandybuff

I hope we add a school of substance ---we have stopped serving corn-on-the-cob at Vandy games for half of our opponents fans don't have teeth --- so let us select carefully.

texas tush hog

Quote from: azhog10 on September 07, 2011, 12:59:29 pm
I say W.V. Only because they are much like us in that they are the biggest and main University in that state. Marshall is comparable in a sense to Ark St. It also brings us a little more north and give us a little bit of the D.C. action. Plus, they have already shown interest and for now it's a quick get to even out the conference until other things take place for us to pick up two more.

The SEC voted to let Slive talk to Mizzoo and West Virginia, they would not have put their names out there and put a target on their chest, if they were not already vetted. Mizzoo and WVA are # 14 and #15, now it's up to the back room deals to see who # 16 is.

BAMAPERRY

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hog10591 on September 07, 2011, 12:54:46 pm
Les Miles is on Rome saying that he is hearing that SEC is interested in the MARKET teams like Va. Tech and Maryland ?????? WOW !

I didn't see either one of them mentioned in Goodnight Moon.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bigdaddyhawg

I was listening to the Fineberg show this afternoon and he said he's heard from VERY reliable sources that Alabama is going to go independent, leaving the SECW with six teams and the SEC with 12 going forward.

Alabama has already agreed in principle to a 10 year, $200 Million contract to have their own network ala UT.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Catfish John

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 07, 2011, 02:48:54 pm
I was listening to the Fineberg show this afternoon and he said he's heard from VERY reliable sources that Alabama is going to go independent, leaving the SECW with six teams and the SEC with 12 going forward.

Alabama has already agreed in principle to a 10 year, $200 Million contract to have their own network ala UT.

No way.  Finebaum just can't stand Texas A&M being the story of the day and had to find some way to make Alabama the center of attention.  Alabama is the kingpin of the conference with the brass and the officials camping in thier backyard.  They have no reason to leave the SEC and go independent.
I went to something called brunch, at which a piece of fried chicken became soaked in egg yolk.  My life will never be the same.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Catfish John on September 07, 2011, 02:53:42 pm

No way.  Finebaum just can't stand Texas A&M being the story of the day and had to find some way to make Alabama the center of attention.  Alabama is the kingpin of the conference with the brass and the officials camping in thier backyard.  They have no reason to leave the SEC and go independent.

Uh huh, is so.

Fineberg said it.  I heard him.  Bama is as good as gone.

Here's the link to his archived show:

http://www.icantbelieveyouboughtthis.net
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

CPO Hog

rogers-hog

i think if it's mizzou then, since we are the least senior members, we may be moved east and we would swap mizzou for our permanent and usc-e would get a&m, all the other's would stay the same.

vandybuff

Quote from: Catfish John on September 07, 2011, 02:53:42 pm

... and for those three hours per week not devoted to Bear Bryant and Bama replays you they will show "Hillbilly Handfishing", a bachelor spin-off where a guy picks which sister to marry and a localized America's Most Wanted where they highlight criminals on your block.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: vandybuff on September 07, 2011, 03:37:59 pm
... and for those three hours per week not devoted to Bear Bryant and Bama replays you they will show "Hillbilly Handfishing", a bachelor spin-off where a guy picks which sister to marry and a localized America's Most Wanted where they highlight criminals on your block.

I'd watch.

Ethan2010

Quote from: azhog10 on September 07, 2011, 12:59:29 pm
Agreed i want W.V

BroyledNutts

Quote from: vandybuff on September 07, 2011, 01:03:26 pm
I hope we add a school of substance ---we have stopped serving corn-on-the-cob at Vandy games for half of our opponents fans don't have teeth --- so let us select carefully.

Wow, Vandy - You've been so nice all these years, I didn't know you had it in you....Well done, my friend.

vandybuff

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 07, 2011, 04:45:19 pm

Wow, Vandy - You've been so nice all these years, I didn't know you had it in you....Well done, my friend.

Thank you .... and I feel the truth should never hurt.  And yes, I am bitter for I am the one who owned that corn-o-t-cob concession!  :)

ark30inf

Quote from: BAMAPERRY on September 07, 2011, 01:06:48 pm
If it's Mizzou, they slide Auburn to the East, or add 2 more teams.

Forget Mizzou...they were part of the bunch that refused to waive rights to sue Texas A&M and the SEC.  They were my favorite...but as far as I am concerned....they are now persona non grata.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22