Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we offer this kid?

Started by Rzback, July 03, 2016, 08:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

ricepig

Todd Marinovich?? I hope the kid isn't burned out by 12.

Seebs

As the father of three - I would be interested to see what happens when this child is told 'no' by somebody.

While I am glad to see his parents so involved their making 'fun' a job is disconcerting.

As long as he keeps making straight A' s he will go far, not the pwning of other 7 year olds in football. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Cinco de Hogo

Sign him and his little brother up!  Give momma a job!  Put daddy on the staff!  Then hope he doesn't burned out or get injured.

Seriously, I hope he loves what he's doing and appreciates his daddy devoting his time. 
Judge it for good or bad but their doing it together.

whippersnapper

Sign him up and hell go ahead and add Coach KA's son to the o line. He tweeted a video about 2 weeks ago of one his boys pushing a sled around the backyard! Said thats what he wanted for his birthday!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Seebs on July 03, 2016, 09:02:12 am

While I am glad to see his parents so involved their making 'fun' a job is disconcerting.

You know in some circles, the harder you work the harder you play is a mantra. 

Pig in the Pokey

Haters gonna hate but this kid will get a full ride somewhere. He's puttin in the work.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgfan4life

He will get a full ride if he has the grades, athletic ability, and citizenship required.  There is a lot more to it than working on a video when you're 10 years old.  With that said, a lot of kids that get scholarships get them because they put in the work to develop them self from average to good.  No doubt he is gifted athletically watching video.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 03, 2016, 03:53:15 pm
Haters gonna hate but this kid will get a full ride somewhere. He's puttin in the work.

Not sure you can predict that. What if he only grows to 5'2 and weighs 125 lbs soaking wet?  What if he grows into the size of a DB but has only worked on RB skills? He's in elementary school. Not sure calling him a sure bet for a full ride is a bit premature.