Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Texas recruiting class?

Started by IronMountainHog, June 29, 2016, 09:46:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

http://texas.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

They keep eating away at the carcass that is Baylor's recruiting class. They show 22 enrolled and 6 new signees for 2016. I thought 25 was the max you could bring in per year? I'm not sure how counting back schollies work, but I'm sure someone is getting the run around with this thing.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 29, 2016, 09:46:36 am
http://texas.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

They keep eating away at the carcass that is Baylor's recruiting class. They show 22 enrolled and 6 new signees for 2016. I thought 25 was the max you could bring in per year? I'm not sure how counting back schollies work, but I'm sure someone is getting the run around with this thing.

You'd be wrong, you can sign more if your previous class was short of 25, and you had early enrollees. The NCAA, and more importantly, their conference foes aren't going to let them sign more than they are allowed.

Polecat

Still difficult for me to look at Eric Cuffee's mug without getting mad. Lol
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

IronMountainHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2016, 09:50:02 am
You'd be wrong, you can sign more if your previous class was short of 25, and you had early enrollees. The NCAA, and more importantly, their conference foes aren't going to let them sign more than they are allowed.
I just saw Patrick Hudson signed with them, making 4 they took from BU. You still can only have 85 total, so Mr. Integrity Strong is gonna take someone off scholarship?

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 29, 2016, 09:57:32 am
I just saw Patrick Hudson signed with them, making 4 they took from BU. You still can only have 85 total, so Mr. Integrity Strong is gonna take someone off scholarship?
I read the other day that 2 signees hasn't enrolled yet, and there were 2 walk on scholarships he could take back. I assume the numbers will work out, haha.

outlawhogeywells

Hudson is one that I really wanted up on the hill

ricepig

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 29, 2016, 10:10:49 am
Hudson is one that I really wanted up on the hill

Someone brought back up a thread on him in the SEC Forum, in it, RD said he would give details in his AR recruitment after he signed, hopefully he will.

island hog

I    HATE    texas!  I hope they lose every game on the last play.  thank you

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 29, 2016, 09:57:32 am

Yeah, he's gonna do another gun shakedown in the locker room. Guaranteed to dismiss 3 or 4.
This is my non-signature signature.

gmarv

Quote from: island hog on June 29, 2016, 11:00:33 am
I    HATE    texas!  I hope they lose every game on the last play.  thank you

I dunno I kind of like watching them lose 48-0 also.

The_Iceman

Sivad

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on June 29, 2016, 11:06:27 am
Yeah, he's gonna do another gun shakedown in the locker room. Guaranteed to dismiss 3 or 4.
Those famous "core values" of his come at you so strong they just mess you up.

Arazorbackguy1

What's the drama on Hudson. I don't recall.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jjdlc

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on June 29, 2016, 03:44:27 pm
What's the drama on Hudson. I don't recall.

Nothing really, at least not publicly. It looked like we were going to get a visit on the next to last weekend before NSD, and then we didn't.  RD indicated that we had backed off, but didn't say why, most seemed to think it was because we were needing tackles badly, and Hudson was a guard.  If there was anything outside that, then someone else will have to spill the beans.