Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lots of folks whining that the SEC uh National Championship would not be watched

Started by HeyHogs, January 09, 2018, 10:12:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

I don't see the four-team model changing any time soon, as much as I'd like to see a team like UCF given a fair shot.

hogsanity

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 10:53:38 am
I don't see the four-team model changing any time soon, as much as I'd like to see a team like UCF given a fair shot.

When a team like UCF plays the type of schedule that deserves a fair shot, they will get one. UCF in the regular season + ccg won 2 games against top 20 teams, and it was the same team both times, Memphis.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

UCF deserves plenty of respect. Congratulations to them. The beat the Arkansas Razorback basketball team of college football-Auburn Tigers. Who did not play very well against them.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on January 09, 2018, 11:27:17 am
UCF deserves plenty of respect. Congratulations to them. The beat the Arkansas Razorback basketball team of college football-Auburn Tigers. Who did not play very well against them.

No doubt they had a great season, not many teams anywhere can put up 0 in the loss column, but it does not mean they were one of the top 4 teams in the country, either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 11:14:21 am
When a team like UCF plays the type of schedule that deserves a fair shot, they will get one. UCF in the regular season + ccg won 2 games against top 20 teams, and it was the same team both times, Memphis.

Every word past, "When a team like UCF", is utterly the most utterest ESPN/PTP brainwash residue that I have ever seen. When a team like UCF beats a team who beat both of those teams in the championship game they have every right to claim a portion of the national title. It doesn't matter if Auburn played down, was disappointed, played a harder schedule etc... They got their asses handed to them on the field. Everything that took place off of the field in the ESPN booth, playoff committee meetings or vane imaginations of men who dreamed up the national championship process since 1949 is simply philosophy... Last I checked there has never been one philosopher who could take a punch to the nose and argue it away...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:48:05 pm
No doubt they had a great season, not many teams anywhere can put up 0 in the loss column, but it does not mean they were one of the top 4 teams in the country, either.
Doesn't mean they were not either, but most assuredly if evidence was weighed after the bowls rather than speculation being weighed before they would have been in. This is why we need more play off's or none at all...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.