Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hammonds

Started by Wildhog, February 03, 2016, 09:16:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

I find it interesting that the athletic dept listed him as a WR.  Could this mean something regarding another possible RB commit?

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

010HogFan

Uncommon

Hillary coin flip to decide RB or WR?

NLRHog92

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Saintswine

I think its more like how Percy Harvin was technically a WR at florida. I thinks Hammonds is going to be the biggest offensive get in the class by the end (with Whaley about the same).

Jimmy Chitwood

Been said all along that he is very similar to Joe Adams. You'll probably see him fill the Cornelius role.
Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left behind by those that hustle.

010HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 09:18:48 am
Why do you say that? 

Just think people are reading into this way too much.

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 09:18:48 am
Why do you say that?
Because negative is the soup du jour.

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm pretty sure he has always been seen as a flex/slot player as oppose to a true RB.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

SemperHawg

Offensive Swiss Army Knife took up too much space on the graphic.

Wildhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 03, 2016, 09:22:25 am
Just think people are reading into this way too much.

You don't think it's interesting at all?  It doesn't say 'athlete.'  It doesn't say 'WR/RB.'

It just says WR.  I'm wondering if we didn't throw a late offer to Ragas or someone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DiamondHogFan

I think it means we recruited him as a WR.  Doesn't mean he won't ever play RB for us, but I think our initial focus on him was at WR.  Hammonds skills will be utilized however we can, whenever we can.

010HogFan

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2016, 09:21:57 am
Because negative is the soup du jour.

what's negative about it? If he's listed as a WR, that's what he will probably play the most...and nothing about Hammonds playing WR really signals anything about another runningback commit

Wildhog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 09:22:29 am
I'm pretty sure he has always been seen as a flex/slot player as oppose to a true RB.

That's always been my position, as well, but that'll get you roasted on this board.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 03, 2016, 09:24:32 am
what's negative about it? If he's listed as a WR, that's what he will probably play the most...and nothing about Hammonds playing WR really signals anything about another runningback commit

It actually could, because of our need at the position.  If we don't have another RB coming in, we're going to NEED Hammonds at RB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

010HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 09:22:21 am
It actually does, because of our need at the position.  If we don't have another RB coming in, we're going to NEED Hammonds at RB.

I think we tried and struck out...hope not though. I could see us saving the scholly for next year.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Well I posted yesterday that at his 190 lb listed weight at one site, that would probably make him a bit of a Kenyon Drake type player.

4-8 runs, and 4-8 passes per game.
Maybe some punt/kick return duties which would depend on his speed.  I've seen 4.66 or so listed but some on here were saying yesterday that he's 200-205 lbs and 4.45 or so speed.

If he's listed as WR by the AD, then I'm guessing his weight is closer to the 190 than the 205.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The_Iceman

The speed sweep has been an effective weapon for us. I think Hammonds is a guy that could get that 3 or 4 times a game. I could also see him getting some draws out of the shotgun on 2nd and longs when the defense is looking for a pass.

AirWarren

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 09:16:48 am
I find it interesting that the athletic dept listed him as a WR.  Could this mean something regarding another possible RB commit?

No.

a0ashle

Smith said on the recruiting show that they recruited him as an ATH and that they don't know for sure yet where they are going to play him.

a0ashle

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 03, 2016, 11:12:27 am
What I think of every time this kid's name comes up...

Was at that game, on the other side of the field...it looked like a pile of orange and then out comes a lone red jersey. Unbelievable.

tbhogfan

I don't think that we sign another RB in this class for multiple reasons.

We'll see over time where TJ plays most.  If there is a need at Tailback, he could certainly step in and do very well.

Go Hogs!

ADavisTheGOAT

Wasn't Austin Cantrell going to see some time at Halfback this year?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech