Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking at the LB's in this Class

Started by HogWildBison2011, February 03, 2016, 02:46:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

You have to feel very good about what we have coming in. The four guys we have committed at LB seem to have tremendous upside.

Alexy Jean-Baptiste (http://247sports.com/player/alexy-jean-baptiste-61353) 6'3 205 lbs looks to fit the bill of WLB in our scheme. We have complained about our LB's in coverage but this guy could be the remedy for that. You can see in this film he even played a little CB. (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2589895/highlights/283317994/v3)
P5 Offers: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

De'jon Harris (http://247sports.com/player/dejon-harris-79282) 6'0 238 lbs could play either MLB or SLB. His size and athleticism is pretty uncommon. This guy played QB, RB, and LB at his HS and looked outstanding doing all of it. And he hits like a mack truck.
P5 Offers: Arkansas, Bama, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona State.

Giovanni LaFrance (http://247sports.com/player/giovanni-lafrance-55364) 6'1 239 is built similarly to Harris. I see LaFrance in the SLB mold. The SLB in our system has to shift through the trash and fight his way to the ball carrier. I really think LaFrance's style of play fits that perfectly.
P5 Offers: Arkansas, Arizona State, California, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Utah.

Dee Walker (http://247sports.com/player/dee-walker-79869) 6'3 210 lbs I feel like he could play in any of the LB spots in our defense. He is extremely athletic and looks like a nightmare pass rusher. Walker's length and speed reminds me of a lighter Von Miller. I really believe we got a late steal with this guy.
P5 offers: Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Tennessee.

We lose no one at LB due to graduation and I'm really hoping Josh Williams recovers and can return ASAP. We have 9 out of 10 healthy bodies on the roster for LB and adding at least 4 to the fold as of now. I'm not as concerned as I once was at this position.

nwahogfan1

Could be the best LB group as a whole we have ever signed.    Lots of potential.  I can see at least one of these guys starting at one of the LBer spots next year and all 4 seeing time on special teams. 

Hambunctious

Really nice breakdown!  All those highlight vids make it hard for me spot anything telling for some defensive positions.  Offensive skill positions are much easier by comparison.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 03:46:51 am
Could be the best LB group as a whole we have ever signed.    Lots of potential.  I can see at least one of these guys starting at one of the LBer spots next year and all 4 seeing time on special teams. 

I hope we redshirt at least one if not two.  LB is a historical problem for us for some reason.  It'd be nice to spread their graduations apart a little and have the redshirt players better developed when they do see game action.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HogWildBison2011

I forgot about the addition of Ramsey coming back as a walk on. We will redshirt at least two of these guys. My first two I could see getting PT would be Walker or Harris.

scruf

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on February 03, 2016, 04:27:09 am
I forgot about the addition of Ramsey coming back as a walk on. We will redshirt at least two of these guys. My first two I could see getting PT would be Walker or Harris.
Totally agree but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they gave Harris a look at RB in fall camp during early developmental work.

secneahog

Very great group. I don't see Harris getting any snaps at rb imo..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Tejano Jawg

Well done HWB2011. Now can you do that for all our other positions?   :D
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

JIHawg

Our LB's have the best names of any class!!!

MS_HogFan

Nice work HogWild. Great post and I agree 100%.
SOOIE

Hogsolo

NLRHog92

Definitely highest priority for this staff, and they addressed it in a big way! Looked like we got some good ones last year, but Graham got too big and Jackson was needed at FB. Obviously Greenlaw worked out well and continued to improve. Looking forward to these young men shoring up our biggest weakness last year and turning it in to a couple of wins!

DeltaBoy

I expect to see some of them on the field soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tim Harris

Just numbers alone makes this one of the best LB classes we have had in quite some time.  Add in that all of them appear to be very good players and I am definitely satisfied with the way we recruited this position. 

swinesation

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:31:32 am
Definitely highest priority for this staff, and they addressed it in a big way! Looked like we got some good ones last year, but Graham got too big and Jackson was needed at FB. Obviously Greenlaw worked out well and continued to improve. Looking forward to these young men shoring up our biggest weakness last year and turning it in to a couple of wins!

So does that mean they're moving Graham to DE?

ridgehog23

HogFoo

To me, other than DL, this is the most important group of kids that we needed.  LBs.  And it looks like we got a good group for the future.  Great size and speed.  Other than LB,  DL,  DEs are where I think we needed to focus on more.  Here's my thought process on it.  We absolutely needed to get a pass rush.  We got that with Sosa Agim.  I think he plays into a starting role right away.  I think Ledbetter will be an absolute stud will Wise and the rest of our DE's.   We have hole pluggers already and have added some more at the DL.    We had a great Defense 2 seasons ago because of the Triangle.    Philon- DL,  Flowers -DE, Spaight - LB.   Having those 3 guys in our front 7 allowed us to have a wonderful defense even without super top flight dbs or safeties.   We were able to get pressure with the Triangle,  Spaight covered the middle especially well and it allowed our DBs to not have to be superstars just because of the greatness of our Triangle. That's why I believe if we just continue to focus on the front 7, then we'll be ok until we are actually able to get top flight talent at every position in the defensive backfield. 

We are heading in the right direction.  I am excited to see these guys get in the weight room and let the Transformer get ahold of them!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:31:32 am
We could perhaps move Greenlaw to safety with the new talent we have at LB.  Hopefully Williams is able to return pretty soon and Jackson moves back to LB with the addition of Hayden at FB.    THat would be a good lineup. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Nosboar Accubond

No doubt Coach said "if we don't do anything else this year we will shore up the LB play, get a stud RB and lock down the D line future and get some athletic corners".

This is a very stout defensive class, could be the foundation for a Championship run. Just need to polish it off with the right pieces.

GolfnHog

Nice summation HWB2011. Who do you see as being ready to contribute this year vs who gets a RS?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Bubba's Bruisers

Yeah, on paper, this easily looks like the best LB class we've had since I can remember.  Finally.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PonderinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 03, 2016, 10:08:35 am
Yeah, on paper, this easily looks like the best LB class we've had since I can remember.  Finally.
Is #2 even close ???

greenie

Quote from: ridgehog23 on February 03, 2016, 09:59:57 am
Don't forget Grant Morgan!

If he's anything like his brother, my guess is that this guy will bring the wood!

thefisher

Redshirt a couple, get them all pounding the weights in the off season, keep them focused on their academics, and stay healthy. If that all comes together over the next couple of seasons ...... well, this group will have the potential to make the linebacking core one of the strongest components of the team. I can't remember a time that was ever true before.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

The_Iceman

We got more LB's in one class that Petrino had on the roster in his final year! But hey, we have 20 WR's though. (exaggeration intended)

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ridgehog23 on February 03, 2016, 09:59:57 am
Don't forget Grant Morgan! 

I love this kid.  He lacks some super star measurements but he has a super star heart and desire.  At least from watching the kid in games.  He is tough to run against.  Around 6' and 215 lbs, can find the ball and will knock the fool out of you.  I worry a little bit about his speed but not about his heart.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: HogFoo on February 03, 2016, 10:04:41 am
We could perhaps move Greenlaw to safety with the new talent we have at LB.  Hopefully Williams is able to return pretty soon and Jackson moves back to LB with the addition of Hayden at FB.    THat would be a good lineup.

NO.. Did you not see the production on the field? He was our best LB last year..

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on February 03, 2016, 04:27:09 am

You are probable right and they will R/S a couple of them but I love this class.

The_Iceman

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 03, 2016, 10:33:15 am

NO.. Did you not see the production on the field? He was our best LB last year..

No man, lets move a Freshman ALL AMERICAN Linebacker to safety. SMH.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 03, 2016, 04:16:32 am
I hope we redshirt at least one if not two.  LB is a historical problem for us for some reason.  It'd be nice to spread their graduations apart a little and have the redshirt players better developed when they do see game action.
CBB- 2 will likely play and 2 will likely RS.

nwahogfan1

Greenlaw is a very good athlete at OLB but does he have the speed and agility to cover those WRs with an extra gear in the SEC at Safety?? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 10:37:26 am
No man, lets move a Freshman ALL AMERICAN Linebacker to safety. SMH.
I don't necessarily think this is as preposterous as some make it sound, Dre struggled some with being under-sized, he mostly made up for it with sheer will and quickness.

PorkRinds

All American linebacker as a freshman, so lets move him to safety and put more freshmen in his spot!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogFoo

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 10:39:27 am
I don't necessarily think this is as preposterous as some make it sound, Dre struggled some with being under-sized, he mostly made up for it with sheer will and quickness.
this

HogFoo

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 10:49:33 am
All American linebacker as a freshman, so lets move him to safety and put more freshmen in his spot!
if I remember correctly he didn't want to play LB, he wanted to play safety.  So, how about shoooshing with the idiotic attacks when someone brings up a remark the kid himself made.  How about that?  thanks!