Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dylan Hays commits to Hogs per RD

Started by Uncommon, February 01, 2016, 10:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

Quote from: HogFather1 on February 01, 2016, 10:32:55 pm
When I googled his name, several of his profiles list him as a defensive lineman. He must have just switched to the offensive line as a senior (or did he play both ways?)

He goes both ways
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

AugustaHog

Our staff has gotten some really talented walk-ons and I for one hope Dylan is added to that mix.  If so, we will have closed like gangbusters.

Scott7703

Quote from: jry04 on February 01, 2016, 10:33:53 pm
It is a conditional offer. If we have space he can have a scholarship. If not, he will be a preferred walkon. The kid does not care what happens. He just wanted a spot on the Hogs. Evidently missed a full season or he would have been more highly recruited.

Yep and I'm happy he is getting his shot.

Wildhog

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 01, 2016, 10:37:32 pm
Our staff has gotten some really talented walk-ons and I for one hope Dylan is added to that mix.  If so, we will have closed like gangbusters.

Not a walk-on.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogfan46

I like it. Arkansas kid with a big upside. Can come in and develop over time. Adds to the OL depth that everyone has been complaining about.

Hogsfan1981

Welcome! Guys video looks great but I will trust the coaches on this one.

Had not heard the name before.

Country Stylz

He looks mean as hell on film.....Wonder what his problem is?

Uncommon

ricepig

The NewEra

Great Video.......always extremely happy for an Arkansas Kid whey they get an offer and accept.

Oklahawg

Welcome aboard!

Good to lock up an in-state talent. Sounds like he wants on board even if he has to grayshirt for a semester? Even better.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CallThoseHawgs

Congrats to Dylan!

So now we have Fulton, Cleveland, Porter, & Bundage all making their announcement on NSD. I'm hoping we land 3 of the group to sign a full 25 but it's also possible that our class is now finished with the 22 we have.

Wildhog

Get this kid in the program and let him develop.  Always happy to get high school OL.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Country Stylz

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 01, 2016, 10:32:29 pm
I don't want to say anything bad about a kid who is proud to commit to our Hogs.  I can't help but be a little disappointed knowing that we are definitely not getting at least one of Fulton, TC, Porter, or Bundage.  I'm excited to root Dylan on and hope he turns into a stud for Coach Anderson.
I like that Mizzu just offered today.....Not so fast my friend.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2016, 10:38:50 pm
Not a walk-on.
So not a preferred walkon if we fill up as the other poster stated?  Or is this a potential greyshirt type of deal?  Or was the other poster completely wrong and this is one of our 25 for this class?

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 01, 2016, 10:39:45 pm
Welcome aboard!

Good to lock up an in-state talent. Sounds like he wants on board even if he has to grayshirt for a semester? Even better.

I think we'll have a spot for him, either way.
1909/1964/1965/1977

swinesation

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 10:39:54 pm
He looks mean as hell on film.....Wonder what his problem is?

Dude definitely plays with an attitude. I guess he's just a little light for what they usually look for in an OL. Plus he comes from a school (LRCA) that hasn't put out a D-1 prospect since Michael Dyer. I think LRCA WR Joe Hampton got overlooked this year as well.

Music City Hog

ricepig

Quote from: swinesation on February 01, 2016, 10:43:45 pm
Dude definitely plays with an attitude. I guess he's just a little light for what they usually look for in an OL. Plus he comes from a school (LRCA) that hasn't put out a D-1 prospect since Michael Dyer. I think LRCA WR Joe Hampton got overlooked this year as well.

Crockett??

AugustaHog

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 10:42:26 pm
I like that Mizzu just offered today.....Not so fast my friend.
I'm not down on this guy, hell I didn't know who he was 10 mins ago!  It's nice that he's got a couple other D1 offers though.  I trust our staff's evaluation and if they think he's good enough for our OL then great!

aaronpjones21

We are really making the Southland mad this week. Happy for these guys. Hope they develop into solid contributors in their careers.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

Music City Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2016, 10:47:17 pm
Only if we don't get to 25, I'm sure.

Well, for now he's being called a grey shirt.  I guess his title could change on Wednesday. 

longpig

Sucks for Missouri and Indiana that he'd rather walk on at Arkansas than have a full ride with them.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: longpig on February 01, 2016, 10:47:30 pm
Sucks for Missouri and Indiana that he'd rather walk on at Arkansas than have a full ride with them.
Is it true that he's a walk on?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Music City Hog

Wildhog

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2016, 10:47:39 pm
Well, for now he's being called a grey shirt.  I guess his title could change on Wednesday. 

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on us not getting to 25, and him getting a full scholarship.
1909/1964/1965/1977

swinesation

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2016, 10:44:10 pm
Crockett??

Yeah, I meant before this year. LRCA this year was pretty loaded - that's why they went undefeated in the regular season. Crockett, Hays, Joe Hampton, Stone Boshears.

Hogsfan1981

Hawg Life

One of the JUCO's will count back. Technically, he may be a grey shirt, but he'll be on scholarship the day he goes to campus.

Pathological

He does like to drive people into the turf.  Yikes!  Plays with a mean streak.  Congrats to him for sure.  Maybe he'll be one of these homestate boys that bleeds so hard for the hogs that he can't help but be a force on the field.  Pride goes a long way. 

Music City Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2016, 10:50:40 pm
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on us not getting to 25, and him getting a full scholarship.

We are at 21 currently??   I'll take any OL.

ricepig

Grey shirt at worse, which isn't a walk on. If we don't sign a full class, he goes on scholarship immediately. If we do, he comes in in Jan and counts as one of 2017 recruits.

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2016, 10:50:40 pm

This...

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 01, 2016, 10:51:04 pm
One of the JUCO's will count back. Technically, he may be a grey shirt, but he'll be on scholarship the day he goes to campus.

How do you know we can count back one, Town took the last spot in the 2015 class.

GrizzlyRider07

Hmm idk about this it could go both ways because the coaches just talk to tyrie Cleveland tonight and he's suppose to announce his final two tomorrow. So if they were told we didn't make the cut that's probably why we just heard of the late offer and commit tonight. That's just my guess but it'll all come together tomorrow
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2016, 10:52:14 pm
How do you know we can count back one, Town took the last spot in the 2015 class.

With the early departures and the 3 that entered the draft. I'm pretty sure, but not positive that we can count 2 back.

Country Stylz

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 01, 2016, 10:55:48 pm
Hmm idk about this it could go both ways because the coaches just talk to tyrie Cleveland tonight and he's suppose to announce his final two tomorrow. So if they were told we didn't make the cut that's probably why we just heard of the late offer and commit tonight. That's just my guess but it'll all come together tomorrow
Are we even in the final 2?

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 01, 2016, 10:56:33 pm
With the early departures and the 3 that entered the draft. I'm pretty sure, but not positive that we can count 2 back.

That has nothing to do with the number you can count back. We can sign 25 a year, if we sign less, we can count those who enroll early, back to the previous class, i.e. Florida. They signed 21 last year and can sign 29 this year.

Hambunctious

I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

RussVegas Hawg

Congrats to the young man!!! Glad I'm not the one having to crunch the numbers and make the calls on who to offer and not offer etc. WPS!! GHG!!  :razorback:

ricepig

Hambunctious

I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

scooby21322

So, the CBB tweet saying "It's always good to call the Hogs from ____" hasn't come in tonight like it did for Marshall.  Does this mean something? 

ricepig

Also, did this kid pitch for LRCA? I saw them in a tournament last spring break in Jonesboro and they had a pretty big kid on the mound.

Sir Oinksalot

...maybe we will know who he is in a couple years...he's a big ole
raw bone shoat now, let's wait and see..l
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

COCHISE

According to Otis he's being recruited for the OL.