Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dylan Hays commits to Hogs per RD

Started by Uncommon, February 01, 2016, 10:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogShat

Color me impressed by his film! A mean streak, a motor that wont quit and pretty impressive wheels too! Nice find!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2016, 06:43:56 am
Dylan has been all hog for sometime and patiently waiting his chance.  He was notice by Pittman about 2 years ago.  Pittman approached him and asked if he'd consider being an OL, he cares more about being a Hog than the position he's going to be playing. Dylan himself expects to be a 5 year player and and grow into an OL spot. He has a couple brothers that are at the U of a or just graduating.  Pittman liked what he saw in Dylan sometime back and got him in the camps and unofficial visits often, Bielema was then aboard.  He wasn't sure of where he stood once Pittman left but I guess we know now.  His family are season ticket holders for football and basketball and they don't miss a game, he was going to U of A so long as he was given a spot.  I will try to ask him today what exactly he was offered by the U of A and let yall know.

Thanks for the positive info. These types of kids end up being some of the most dedicated. Congrats to your friends, I am sure they are ecstatic!

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 02, 2016, 08:33:33 am
Thanks for the positive info. These types of kids end up being some of the most dedicated. Congrats to your friends, I am sure they are ecstatic!

He is quick as heck getting of the ball as an OL. We RS him and give the keys to Coach Herb, he'll give us a BUSS in return. WPS!

The_Iceman

I have a feeling that by his redshirt sophomore or junior year, he could be starting at OG for us. Not all kids have to be talented enough to start day one. On the offensive line especially, hard work and determination can get you far.

prattville pig

So the coaching staff is still holding out hopes of getting all four of those guys!
Life's too short to last long.

I mustache you a question

Man that kid is a beast.  He does not stop,  I can see him clearing some big holes for Whaley to run through.  Great pickup. :razorback:
"I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain." – Michael Vick

gibby

I know several of this young man's family members, and they are high character, hard-working folks.  Dad is a radiologist, so the scholly isn't a deal-killer for him.  His two older brothers were fine baseball players, and so was Dylan.  He's very coordinated and athletic.  I'm not surprised he committed to being part of the program, and I have every belief he'll earn the scholarship in the short-term.  He's a great pick-up for the program!

onebadrubi

I will also add he has siblings that played D1 sports.  Competitive family for sure.  Sometimes it's these types of intangibles along with being a younger brother of a few big older brothers that can make a good strong football player. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: gibby on February 02, 2016, 09:18:48 am
I know several of this young man's family members, and they are high character, hard-working folks.  Dad is a radiologist, so the scholly isn't a deal-killer for him.  His two older brothers were fine baseball players, and so was Dylan.  He's very coordinated and athletic.  I'm not surprised he committed to being part of the program, and I have every belief he'll earn the scholarship in the short-term.  He's a great pick-up for the program!

Figured as much. No doubt character and work ethic played a big role in the offer. Thanks for sharing.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

naturalbornpigger

I know this kid.  He will make the Hogs a better team.  And may see the field sooner than expected...

hawginbigd1

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 02, 2016, 08:59:35 am
I have a feeling that by his redshirt sophomore or junior year, he could be starting at OG for us. Not all kids have to be talented enough to start day one. On the offensive line especially, hard work and determination can get you far.
This 100! I was wanting a HS OL to be ready in 2 or 3 years to start and maybe as a needed sub before then! I had 2 or 3 people poo me on the idea of getting this kid yesterday.

Hog Waller

Quote from: I mustache you a question on February 02, 2016, 09:16:15 am
Man that kid is a beast.  He does not stop,  I can see him clearing some big holes for Whaley and Porter to run through.  Great pickup. :razorback:

FIFU...the power of positive thinking  ;)

BirmingHam

Could it be that at 6'3", he could be groomed into a Center.  With his coordination and cerebral (seems fairly intelligent), he would shore up that position.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BirmingHam on February 02, 2016, 10:49:10 am
Could it be that at 6'3", he could be groomed into a Center.  With his coordination and cerebral (seems fairly intelligent), he would shore up that position.

I can't speak for the new OL coach and his thoughts with Bielema, but previously they really liked Dylan to start out at the guard spot.  Center was mentioned as a possibility, but not the main position of conversation. 

younghog

Nice pickup. Welcome Dylan and Go Hogs
GO HOGS

Hogeration

Quote from: Hogless on February 02, 2016, 05:48:50 am
Plays pissed off.... I like it!!
Exactly. A little time in the weight room and he could be a beast as long as he keeps playing pissed off. I like this commitment. The new OL coach for Missouri was at ASU. He knows his stuff and can put together a good line. He almost walked away with a steal out of Little Rock in Mr Hays.

Polecat

I think this kid will be a big contributor in a couple of years. Exciting to add a kid who loves the Hogs
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

scruf

razorbackkid

Welcome aboard young man....wear that uniform with pride!!!!!!!!!!!!

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Tarheelhawg

Dylan Hayes!!!  Great feet with a motor , he is aggressive and finishes.  I could see him as an outstanding pulling guard or even a center.  I look forward to seeing him play in a yr or two.  WPS!

tophawg19

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 01, 2016, 10:32:29 pm
I don't want to say anything bad about a kid who is proud to commit to our Hogs.  I can't help but be a little disappointed knowing that we are definitely not getting at least one of Fulton, TC, Porter, or Bundage.  I'm excited to root Dylan on and hope he turns into a stud for Coach Anderson.
This is one Kurt Anderson wanted .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

hview

The kid can move. He's definitely not big and slow.

hview

After a RS year this young man will provide quality depth on the OL.

Hog Waller

Quote from: hview on February 02, 2016, 09:38:29 pm
After a RS year this young man will provide quality depth on the OL.

Yup, agree...he's got a motor and looks like he plays mean.  OG or C sounds like a good fit for me after a RS year.