Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Jonesboro restaurants for game weekends

Started by BPsTheMan, June 12, 2016, 12:25:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

Chick-fil-A is #8 on Trip Advisor in Jonesboro

I've heard it's really good

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31706-d1025060-Reviews-Chick_fil_A-Jonesboro_Arkansas.html

LongHorn Steakhouse is #6 on Trip Advisor

Don't forget Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel are up there too

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 12, 2016, 12:25:35 pm

I've heard it's really good

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31706-d1025060-Reviews-Chick_fil_A-Jonesboro_Arkansas.html

LongHorn Steakhouse is #6 on Trip Advisor

Don't forget Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel are up there too

It's probably the best Chik-fil-A in the world, worth the trip to J'town even if the game is away.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 12:31:43 pm
It's probably the best Chik-fil-A in the world, worth the trip to J'town even if the game is away.

that's what I've heard

Todd Blackledge needs to come check it out

thebignasty

ricepig

BPsTheMan

ricepig

clutch

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 12, 2016, 07:27:40 pm
Bluecoast Burrito beats them both!

You'll have to discuss that with Mojitos.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: thebignasty on June 12, 2016, 01:47:13 pm
Can't forget about Cheddars

Cheddar's here in Allen, TX is my favorite place. Good food and they actually put sufficient alcohol in the drinks

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 07:53:44 pm
You'll have to discuss that with Mojitos.

Only if the discussion takes place at Bluecoast

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Inhogswetrust

IF Lazarri's is #2 then anything below that must be really bad.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dropkick

If this had been a serious thread I would have hyped Godsey's and Skinny Js.

J-town Grill is near campus but I haven't tried it yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on June 13, 2016, 03:59:22 pm

You surely aren't including the Godsey's on 49? Absolutely worse service I've ever had at a restaurant, and this includes having a waitress quit before turning in our order, lol. The best places to eat are Omar's and the 501, with Skinny J's  probably in the top 5. Most of Jonesboro's restaurants are chains, you know what you get in those.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 13, 2016, 03:43:16 pm
IF Lazarri's is #2 then anything below that must be really bad.............................

That's because they serve large portions, lots l......

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 01:57:12 pm
You've got to call weeks ahead to get a table.
to Cheddars?  Damn, for decent food too

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 13, 2016, 06:12:40 pm

PP

Maybe I'm fibbing a little, I've never eaten at the one here, lol.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Dropkick on June 13, 2016, 03:59:22 pm

I'm not sure why you're attacking other posters for their favorite restaurants being different from yours, and I have no idea what hyping Godsey's does to make this an "unserious" thread.

If you're "above" Cracker Barrel, fine by me. Just don't let Wolve recruits see you on here bashing restaurants they like. My advice.

Seminole Indian

Heck I thought Ryan's was Jonesboro's best eating place, glad to see there are alternatives, other than Ron's, Barnhill's, Red Lobster, and China Garden. Guess I'm cheap, and old.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 13, 2016, 06:12:40 pm

PP

It's so good they had to close one in Memphis.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

thebignasty

Quote from: Seminole Indian on June 13, 2016, 09:15:54 pm
Heck I thought Ryan's was Jonesboro's best eating place, glad to see there are alternatives, other than Ron's, Barnhill's, Red Lobster, and China Garden. Guess I'm cheap, and old.
Definitely need to stay out Cheddar's if you are on a budget.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Seminole Indian on June 13, 2016, 09:15:54 pm
Ta Molly's, hello?!

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 14, 2016, 06:17:54 am
It's so good they had to close one in Memphis.......................
thats why the Jackson one got so busy

PP

Seminole Indian

Quote from: thebignasty on June 14, 2016, 07:45:07 am
Definitely need to stay out Cheddar's if you are on a budget.
No budget just old and in a rut.

My wife, and her girl friends can tell you about all the best eating places in Jonesboro, just that they don't ever invite me when they go. They will stay 2 hours or longer, and I cannot sit still more than an hour without moving or constantly looking at my watch.

I've been described as being like a gerbil on speed, or a rat on acid.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Pulled(PP)pork

I've been to Skinny J's, it was ok.  there was another one just north of Skinny's, terrible service.  We are always looking for a good steakhouse.

Texas Roadhouse was really good

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 14, 2016, 08:55:51 am
I've been to Skinny J's, it was ok.  there was another one just north of Skinny's, terrible service.  We are always looking for a good steakhouse.

PP

We don't have a Texas Road house, wish we did as it would be an improvement over Longhorn Steak house.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 10:03:34 am
We don't have a Texas Road house, wish we did as it would be an improvement over Longhorn Steak house.
right, was just pointing it out.  I wasn't disappointed with Coltons....but the freebies are what I like...yeast rolls with honey butter, etc.

PP

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 10:03:34 am

I hope ASU RedWolve recruits who love Longhorn Steakhouse aren't reading your hating on Longhorn right now

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 14, 2016, 10:33:13 am
I hope ASU RedWolve recruits who love Longhorn Steakhouse aren't reading your hating on Longhorn right now
it's well documented that Astate recruits, can't read....we are good

PP

Inhogswetrust

June 15, 2016, 07:36:10 am #30 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:36:29 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 14, 2016, 07:55:39 am
thats why the Jackson one got so busy

PP

The interesting thing is the one they closed is on Winchester right around the corner from FedEx World Headquarters yet they built a new one on Germantown just south of Wolfchase. The area around Winchester east where 385 "Bill Morris Parkway" crosses over it and the next one at Hacks Crossing has now gotten a reputation as not a good area. Quite a few retailers have pulled out of that area. My wife works in the FedEx Headquarters and when down there the other day for the FedEx St.Jude Classic we talked about whether Fred regrets building in the area if he had known how it would deteriorate. She also goes to the The FedExTech Center in Collierville and it is in a nice area just a few mile east. I wonder if Fred wishes he would have built out there. I think they got some major incentives to stay inside Memphis City limits though IIRC.

P.S. Fred has an office at the World Headquarters BUT his and the upper executives offices are in a building off Poplar and 240. 

Dropkick

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 04:10:35 pm
You surely aren't including the Godsey's on 49? Absolutely worse service I've ever had at a restaurant, and this includes having a waitress quit before turning in our order, lol. The best places to eat are Omar's and the 501, with Skinny J's  probably in the top 5. Most of Jonesboro's restaurants are chains, you know what you get in those.
I was referring to Godsey's downtown. Thanks for the heads up on the one on 49.

If I'm eating at a chain type I would pick Newk's.

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on June 15, 2016, 11:58:30 am
I was referring to Godsey's downtown. Thanks for the heads up on the one on 49.

If I'm eating at a chain type I would pick Newk's.

Yep, putting in another one on Highland by Iberia Bank if all the zoning went through.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on June 15, 2016, 12:02:13 pm
Yep, putting in another one on Highland by Iberia Bank if all the zoning went through.

well la'de'da, look who's fancy

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 15, 2016, 05:05:46 pm

well la'de'da, look who's fancy

Suck it shortly, you can't compare with what Jonesboro has to offer visitors to the games!

zane

Quote from: clutch on June 12, 2016, 09:48:54 pm
Only if the discussion takes place at Bluecoast

Lordy- I can hurt myself on their cheese dip
RIP LSUfan

clutch

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 14, 2016, 08:55:51 am

PP

If you are wanting a steakhouse, skip Jonesboro and go to Jerry's in Trumann.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 21, 2016, 06:27:23 pm
If you are wanting a steakhouse, skip Jonesboro and go to Jerry's in Trumann.

I wouldn't call Jerry's a steakhouse, but they serve a mean rib eye, or did the last I was there about 3-4 years ago. Omar's or the 501 have the best, but you pay dearly for it.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on June 21, 2016, 07:14:34 pm
I wouldn't call Jerry's a steakhouse, but they serve a mean rib eye, or did the last I was there about 3-4 years ago. Omar's or the 501 have the best, but you pay dearly for it.

Omar's and 501 are both better, but I consider Jerry's more of the traditional steakhouse type meal. Steak and baked potato. The Farce at 501 is amazing. Steak with crab meat on top. Get a twiced baked potato to go along with it and you are set.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 21, 2016, 07:39:48 pm
Omar's and 501 are both better, but I consider Jerry's more of the traditional steakhouse type meal. Steak and baked potato. The Farce at 501 is amazing. Steak with crab meat on top. Get a twiced baked potato to go along with it and you are set.

Yep, it's my choice, when eating there. What I always liked about Jerry's, if you wanted sour cream on your baked potato, you had to bring your own.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on June 21, 2016, 07:42:21 pm
Yep, it's my choice, when eating there. What I always liked about Jerry's, if you wanted sour cream on your baked potato, you had to bring your own.

I guess they've changed that policy. They give you 2 sour creams now.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 22, 2016, 09:41:19 am
I guess they've changed that policy. They give you 2 sour creams now.

Well good, I don't even use it, I just remember a buddy's wife always stopping at the IGA, or whatever it was to get some. I may have to take a road trip down there soon, been awhile.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 10:07:45 am
Well good, I don't even use it, I just remember a buddy's wife always stopping at the IGA, or whatever it was to get some. I may have to take a road trip down there soon, been awhile.

Still as good as ever. May make me a trip over there in the next few days

BPsTheMan

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 21, 2016, 09:31:41 pm

It's good, you need to make a trip over and order the deluxe chicken sandwich when you come for a game.

Boardon Hamsay

Any good breakfast joints over in Jonesboro? I like the chicken minis at Chick-fil-a but wondering if there's a local place anyone might recommend?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 23, 2016, 07:59:46 pm
Any good breakfast joints over in Jonesboro? I like the chicken minis at Chick-fil-a but wondering if there's a local place anyone might recommend?

You talkin' about a biscuit and gravy place?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

ricepig

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 23, 2016, 07:59:46 pm

Not really, Chef's Inn, Gina's Place, or Front Page Cafe? There isn't a cathead biscuit place, besides Cracker Barrel.

Boardon Hamsay

Also, wasn't there a place there about 5 years ago called Bucky's Bunkhouse or something along those lines? Can't remember the exact name but seemed like it was something bunkhouse. Bob's?  Anyway, stopped in there one night about five years ago to try and grab a bite. The server must have been having a bad day cause her service was terrible. She was so pissed about whatever that I'd be surprised if she didn't go punt some orphan kittens after work. I didn't stick around to order but the menu seemed good.  I believe their specialty was chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 23, 2016, 08:21:01 pm
Also, wasn't there a place there about 5 years ago called Bucky's Bunkhouse or something along those lines? Can't remember the exact name but seemed like it was something bunkhouse. Bob's?  Anyway, stopped in there one night about five years ago to try and grab a bite. The server must have been having a bad day cause her service was terrible. She was so pissed about whatever that I'd be surprised if she didn't go punt some orphan kittens after work. I didn't stick around to order but the menu seemed good.  I believe their specialty was chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy.

I guess I've missed Bunky's, it's probably out by the VFW, I don't  venture out that direction often.