Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Orleans Bowl

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 19, 2015, 08:45:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Fun game to watch thus far.

LA Tech- Driskel at qb, Dixon at rb. How in the world Arkansas failed to recruit Dixon is beyond belief. Speed, power, hands....would be one of the top 4 backs in the SEC.

Arkansas State- speed, speed, speed. Way more than the hogs have. How is that possible?

Anyways, should be a great game.

code red

Great games are on 12-31 not 12-18
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

NEA_HogFan

Dixon is looking good for sure. I saw where Mel Kiper has him as the 3rd best back going into the draft.

southarkhog06

It's amazing how good Driskoll looks when playing mediocre teams

cc

The flags on hits on QB's are getting ridiculous. The guy shoved Knighten out the first time and Knighten didn't have a foot out of bounds on the first one and the second was questionable.  I don't care if he is slowing up to go out of bounds.  If he is in in bounds, you push him out.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 19, 2015, 08:45:09 pm

LA Tech- Driskel at qb, Dixon at rb. How in the world Arkansas failed to recruit Dixon is beyond belief. Speed, power, hands....would be one of the top 4 backs in the SEC.

Arkansas State- speed, speed, speed. Way more than the hogs have. How is that possible?

U forgot the sarcasm button..

AC, Henry, Fournette, Chubb.. Who does Dixon replace??

Speed speed speed...? More than the hogs?? That Sun Belt speed.. WATCH OUT!!

must be an stAte homer...

MojaveJoe

Its perspective tiny guys look faster than big guys even when they're not.

lol

kodiakisland

Quote from: MojaveJoe on December 19, 2015, 09:21:45 pm
Its perspective tiny guys look faster than big guys even when they're not.

lol

Yeah, playing Sun Belt/MAC schools makes one look better too.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Choctaw Hog

Nobody gives a $hit about Arkansas State and their team speed is about equal to Fayetteville High.  I hope the Indian/Red Wolves lose every damn game they play.  They would be a middle of the pack 7 A West Team. 

ridgehog23

Dang!  Say what's on ya mind next time.

Mr. Porkleone

Who cares. This Razorback forum. Move to Jonesboro and change your colors. Just sayin

KY Hog Man

Quote from: code red on December 19, 2015, 08:55:04 pm
Great games are on 12-31 not 12-18

So far, all the games on 12-18 have been great.

donk

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 19, 2015, 09:29:48 pm
Nobody gives a $hit about Arkansas State and their team speed is about equal to Fayetteville High.  I hope the Indian/Red Wolves lose every damn game they play.  They would be a middle of the pack 7 A West Team. 

They won their league going undefeated. They don't play in the 7A West or the SEC.  Your post made on sense.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 19, 2015, 09:29:48 pm

Donk......this. Who cares about ASU. move there and put your Red wolf undies on.

PossumFan

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 19, 2015, 10:48:05 pm

Donk......this. Who cares about ASU. move there and put your Red wolf undies on.

Why do you and Choctaw assume this thread is "about ASU" when Louisiana Tech is also playing? The OP just said it was a good game, and since it's the only bowl game on TV right now, it seems a legit topic. 

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: PossumFan on December 19, 2015, 10:54:03 pm
Why do you and Choctaw assume this thread is "about ASU" when Louisiana Tech is also playing? The OP just said it was a good game, and since it's the only bowl game on TV right now, it seems a legit topic.

The OP also stated that Dixon would be 1 of the top 4 RBs in the SEC and that stAte has more speed than the hogs...

Philip Seaton

This game is over. All of that "speed" helped.

PossumFan

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 19, 2015, 11:17:50 pm
This game is over. All of that "speed" helped.

Yep, Louisiana Tech clearly looking like the better team. ASU defense is pretty bad.

Lanny

AState laid an egg in New Orleans
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Lanny on December 19, 2015, 11:52:15 pm
Defense was as bad as I saw from them all season, played better at USC! Knighten made enough mistakes that they couldn't keep pace!

Never understand all the D bag haters, shameful really! ASU has no affect on the UA why hate on an in state team???? I never will, been a fan since Lacewell was on the sidelines, love all their success! Will always be a hog 1st!

As for DIxon some have him rated as a better prospect than either of our Backs!

GolfNut57

Unless this thread started out in a different forum the hate is pathetic. No one made you click on the thread.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

December 20, 2015, 08:33:57 am #21 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:52:44 am by Seminole Indian
They lost some really key  players the last two weeks, and in the game.

Losing  their all- conference left tackle forced them to shuffle their ol, then they lost thee all-conference players on offense during the game. Losing  rb Michael Gordon, guard Colton Jackson, and AB J.D. McKissic ,  on offense were just killer loses in this game. Losing Jackson really seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back on offense.

Played hard but simply were missing to many key players at the end, and to many turnovers, and penalties.

The timing of announcing the OC's departure was unfortunate.

Their defense was really banged up going into the bowl game again this year.

Tech's qb had a great night and when he has played well they have been hard to beat, and it really opens ups up everything for them.

Still finished with a better record this year than last, and will be better next year than this year.................. a lot better in fact.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BR

Quote from: Lanny on December 19, 2015, 11:52:15 pm
A scrambled one.... They will always be great in the SunBelt, play a decent Team they suck.... Hell MizZou beat their A$$ in Jonesboro and MizZou was the Worst team in the SEC
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: BR on December 20, 2015, 08:52:53 am
A scrambled one.... They will always be great in the SunBelt, play a decent Team they suck.... Hell MizZou beat their A$$ in Jonesboro and MizZou was the Worst team in the SEC
The fact is this team was just a patch work of players recruited by, and coached by, four different coaching staffs.  They have  done 'ok' under the circumstances.

From this point on I expect they will impress some people.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BR

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 09:06:11 am
The fact is this team was just a patch work of players recruited by, and coached by, four different coaching staffs.  They have  done 'ok' under the circumstances.

From this point on I expect they will impress some people.
As long as they are in the Sun Belt, I doubt it.... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: BR on December 20, 2015, 09:21:39 am
Being in the SBC has it's downsides for sure, but IMO it has been a big plus the last five years. Not sure they would have been able to have had the success elsewhere,and there is no doubt that the success they have had helped them grow their program during this time.

Just like after their loss to Toledo in the bowl game last year, when all is said and done this year will be looked at as another successful one, and something they can build on.

They will again look forward to next year  with an even more experienced and talented team to give them hope for more success.

ricepig

Quote from: BR on December 20, 2015, 09:21:39 am

"Some" was the important word in his post. Truthfully, until they knock off a P5, preferably a ranked one, they'll be in the vast group of G5's who get a little attention when they win their conference. I'm not saying that's bad, but it is what it is.

Attendance was down 7% despite hosting Mizzou in a much anticipated game. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25418087/college-football-attendance-drops-for-5th-straight-year----at-lower-rate

Seminole Indian

December 20, 2015, 10:22:23 am #27 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:33:40 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 10:14:06 am
"Some" was the important word in his post. Truthfully, until they knock off a P5, preferably a ranked one, they'll be in the vast group of G5's who get a little attention when they win their conference. I'm not saying that's bad, but it is what it is.

Attendance was down 7% despite hosting Mizzou in a much anticipated game. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25418087/college-football-attendance-drops-for-5th-straight-year----at-lower-rate
Yep, that's the world of all but a handful of G5's.

Hey ricepig, remind me of this post next year because I'm going on record now saying that they will finish in the top 25 next year.

I'm saying this counting on them getting good play from the qb position next year, when the fact is their backup QB this year was terrible, plus the player i though would be starting for them just signed with Memphis.

Hanging around this message board has made me an optimist.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 10:22:23 am

Hey ricepig, remind me of this post next year because I'm going on record now saying that they will finish in the top 25 next year.

I'm saying this counting on them getting good play from the qb position next year, when the fact is their backup QB this year was terrible, plus the player i though would be starting for them just signed with Memphis.

And all you are is an observer of college football with no allegiance or fandom anywhere, lol.......Some would put a little more credibility in your thoughts if you could just be honest with yourself. I guess you think you are doing a public service with your posts, like those who are interested couldn't look it up.

Oh, don't worry, I'll be here to remind you of your prediction.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 10:22:23 am

Who would that be?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 10:40:04 am
And all you are is an observer of college football with no allegiance or fandom anywhere, lol.......Some would put a little more credibility in your thoughts if you could just be honest with yourself. I guess you think you are doing a public service with your posts, like those who are interested couldn't look it up.

Thanks man I'm counting on you.

You don't happen to have a decent qb you could spare do you.

Seminole Indian

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 10:43:50 am
Thanks man I'm counting on you.

You don't happen to have a decent qb you could spare do you.

Ask in May...

GolfNut57

December 20, 2015, 11:41:37 am #33 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:53:16 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 10:50:04 am
This guy, and pretty much thought they had him in the bag.

http://www.scout.com/player/135973-riley-ferguson?year=2015

Guess he didn't want to compete with Birse, Tabary, and the others, for the QB job next year. And despite what they have said I am not sold on the idea that the transfer from TCU will not be at QB next season. Minds may change there over the winter and we may still see Cameron Echols-Luper as the starting QB next season.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 11:18:47 am
Ask in May...
They really need someone for next year,or I will be eating crow here.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 20, 2015, 11:45:36 am
They really need someone for next year,or I will be eating crow here.

So? Isn't that your yearly menu here?

Seminole Indian

Seminole Indian

December 20, 2015, 11:52:56 am #37 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:26:41 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 20, 2015, 11:41:37 am
Guess he didn't want to compete with Birse, Tabary, and the others, for the QB job next year. And despite what they have said I am not sold on the idea that the transfer from TCU will not be at QB next season. Minds may change there over the winter and we may still see Cameron Echols-Luper as the starting QB next season.

Me either, he is a lot like Knighten.

A few people were giving their qb whats for on their message board today, but I thought their goose was cooked for this bowl game when they lost their best OL, best DE, and all their  NB's, going into it, along with all the other players they have lost to the injury bug this season. That caused a lot of shuffling.

While I did not watch much of the game when they lost Gordon, and McKissic, and fell behind I said too bad and switched over to a SyFi show.

Was shocked when I checked back and they were hanging in there at the half, and again when I checked back just as  La Tech had taken a 27-20 lead late in the 3rd quarter.  I then went to bed, so I had to call a friend this morning to get the scoop, and was told their other all-sbc  OL went out in the 3rd quarter, and things went south from there.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 10:40:04 am

Still not a fan.

However after observing, and being impressed with  how you patiently inject facts into so many threads on the other forums, and recently here, I think I will follow your example and limit myself to becoming involved only when I can add verifiable facts, and only if it will contribute 'value added' content.

FYI the best lesson in life I ever got was when I read where one of the smartest people to ever live said he made 'the biggest blunder' in his life because he 'wanted' the Universe to be static.  Had to ignore his on calculation's, and ultimately injected a little cheat into them because of this 'want'. 

I have never forgot that lesson, and my 'predictions' about  A-State's football program the last few years were, and still are based on the best information I had about how their talent ( and people that studied the subject said talent was 80% of winning in football) stacked up with most of the teams they play, and that is all.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2015, 12:42:27 pm
Still not a fan.

However after observing, and being impressed with  how you patiently inject facts into so many threads on the other forums, and recently here, I think I will follow your example and limit myself to becoming involved only when I can add verifiable facts, and only if it will contribute 'value added' content.

FYI the best lesson in life I ever got was when I read where one of the smartest people to ever live said he made 'the biggest blunder' in his life because he 'wanted' the Universe to be static. 

I have never forgot that lesson, and my 'predictions' about  A-State's football program the last few years were, and still are based on the best information I had about how their talent ( and people that studied the subject said talent was 80% of winning in football) stacked up with most of the teams they play, and that is all.
No doubt they have the best talent in the SBC, or do now, fwiw.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2015, 12:46:57 pm
Actually i value your opinion a lot more than you think, because you do your homework.

GolfNut57

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2015, 12:46:57 pm

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2015, 12:52:04 pm
Actually i value your opinion a lot more than you think, because you do your homework.

Do you two need some privacy here?  ;)

DeltaBoy

Tough Loss for the Tribe.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.