Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino to Arkansas St

Started by Cavosea1, December 05, 2012, 12:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavosea1

Has anyone else heard of this???  I been getting text saying he called Arkansas St about their job.

HoggusMaximus

Haven't heard it but it wouldn't surprise me. I doubt that he gets a job anywhere in Arkansas again.

chortle

Tha would be awesome. They are butthurt right now. They might consider it.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogmiser

Quote from: Grudentookabigfatfulmeronme on December 05, 2012, 12:45:31 pm
Tha would be awesome. They are butthurt right now. They might consider it.
U can change that Avatar  now Mr. :razorback:
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

Tim Harris

BuckHog

chortle

Quote from: Hogmiser on December 05, 2012, 12:46:35 pm
U can change that Avatar  now Mr. :razorback:

I'm still hoping we hire a coach.

HotlantaHog

BP would do a great job with recruits that Arkansas didn't want. Just as Hugh Freeze did and as Gus Malzahn did.

I would be happy to see him be successful -- outside the SEC. I don't think his going to Arkansas State -- if that happens -- should be a threat to Arkansas at all.

Devil_Dog

Why would ASU hire him knowing all it takes is one BCS to call and hes gone

Hawg Balling

No chance.

I wouldn't doubt that he called them, though.  He's probably getting desperate now.

Mike Shelton

That would be GREAT for BP I hope he gets a second chance. We all deserve one, including BP

MRPRFCT

He'd never get an Arkansas kid to play for him.

Cavosea1

Yeah I heard he called them inquiring and I was wondering.  Have you all noticed that all SEC schools stayed away from Bobby Petrino???  Seems the conference as a whole dont want him and Slive is at the top making sure.  Not saying its true but I did hear whispers of him telling other SEC schools to not consider Petrino.

Hog Spread

Quote from: Devil_Dog on December 05, 2012, 12:49:46 pm
sounds familiar

Tim Harris

Quote from: Cavosea1 on December 05, 2012, 12:52:17 pm
Yeah I heard he called them inquiring and I was wondering.  Have you all noticed that all SEC schools stayed away from Bobby Petrino???  Seems the conference as a whole dont want him and Slive is at the top making sure.  Not saying its true but I did hear whispers of him telling other SEC schools to not consider Petrino.

Slive isn't the reason he didn't get a job in the SEC.  Anyone who takes off the Hog colored glasses can tell why he didn't get another job in the SEC.

okiehawg

Not true, he is going to Kentucky, wait I mean Tennessee, wait I mean Auburn... 

At this point it might be true.  He better go where ever someone will take him.

Hogmiser

I don't want Petrino at Ark State. We don't need Him pulling our best In State Talent away from Us. :razorback:
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

baitshop

Tenner is still an option for BP.....the pool is getting shallow and the Tenner AD has to be feeling the pressure to turn it around quickly....Bobby can do that...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

phadedhawg

Hawg Balling

Quote from: baitshop on December 05, 2012, 12:59:02 pm
Tenner is still an option for BP.....the pool is getting shallow and the Tenner AD has to be feeling the pressure to turn it around quickly....Bobby can do that...

Tennessee will hire guys like Sonny Dykes, Butch Jones, and Kirby Smart before they'd even spend one brain cell thinking about Bobby Petrino.

tiber

Well, that's been the case for their last two coaches, and will probably be their best bet going forward to get good coaching.
Any coach they have that is successful will be looking at bigger conferences.  Those are the ropes. 

Hog10S

Can't see Petrino coming back to Arkansas to coach and recruit after the way things ended.  Not happening.

Torqued pork

You could say that about any coach ASU could hire.

MRPRFCT

Quote from: baitshop on December 05, 2012, 12:59:02 pm

Neither parents nor coaches would send their kid to play for him.

Cavosea1

Petrino lives in rogers AR as we speak guys.  He wants to get back in coaching badly but I truly think he burnt all bridges.  He wont get back in the SEC and he can forget about the NFL

hobhog

If you got a text, it must be true......

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hogmiser on December 05, 2012, 12:57:29 pm
I don't want Petrino at Ark State. We don't need Him pulling our best In State Talent away from Us. :razorback:

Petrino disrespected Arkansas HS school football, preferring to go to Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri instead of in-state prospects (ex. Donovan Roberts over Kenneth Dixon). A HS coach in the state told me that if not Tim Horton and Bobby Allen, Petrino wouldn't have landed any top in-state prospect after 2010.

That's one of many reasons he won't take the A-State job. He'll sit and wait for something else, or jump on as an NFL consultant.

MC_Hog

A State A.D. said yesterday he's putting an end to this early, Petrino will not be on his list of coaches!

moses_007

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 05, 2012, 01:23:59 pm
A State A.D. said yesterday he's putting an end to this early, Petrino will not be on his list of coaches!

Bielema doesn't need Petrino recruiting against him for our in-state athletes.

Dionysos25

Petrino should go to Pitt after they lose their coach for the 3rd time in 3 years or whatever it was.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Rooster Hogburn

Maybe bobby p could be OC under cbb
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Hogmiser

Quote from: moses_007 on December 05, 2012, 01:26:16 pm
Good Point.

moses_007

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on December 05, 2012, 01:45:00 pm
Maybe bobby p could be OC under cbb

Jeff Long will never allow him back on our football field.

Craig O Squeal

Apparently, the Twitter post /comment from the stAte Ad was a fake account. Also, Petrino was vetted by legal folks for Auburn, and they found more "skeletons." Honestly, if he is looking to prove that he is a changed man, both personally and professionally, this may the route he would need to take. Personally, it gives him the chance to prove he has changed. Professionally, if he gave them 2-3 years (at least 2), he could show that he is not just hopping around from job to job as has been portrayed. Might be the rebuilding and healing spot that he needs (also not a lot of pressure).

rhog1

Bobby is desperate his name has been linked to every job out there. Including jobs like Ark State and Southern Miss.  A lot different than what some people on this board told us about how he would be able to get any high level job he wanted.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: rhog1 on December 05, 2012, 01:50:19 pm
A lot different than what some people on this board told us about how he would be able to get any high level job he wanted.

.....but, but....he's a top 10 coach....Hogville said so......

nextlevel

Quote from: rhog1 on December 05, 2012, 01:50:19 pm
Bobby is desperate his name has been linked to every job out there. Including jobs like Ark State and Southern Miss.  A lot different than what some people on this board told us about how he would be able to get any high level job he wanted.

Southern Miss may give him a chance like they did Eustachy.

His best chance at getting back in coaching is as an OC somewhere.

He blew up during the interview with Auburn and couldn't give a straight accurate answer to their questions, no major program is going to take a chance on him.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: moses_007 on December 05, 2012, 01:26:16 pm

Yeah because Petrino really killed it in recruiting the last few years.

You don't know anything about Arkansas high school football if you honestly think Petrino didn't burn more than a few bridges with coaches within the state by continuously overlooking in-state recruits in favor of out of staters the last few years. 

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: nextlevel on December 05, 2012, 02:12:19 pm

He blew up during the interview with Auburn

Could you be more specific, please?

psooie

BP should go to FIU and hit south beach

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Dionysos25 on December 05, 2012, 01:32:57 pm
Petrino should go to Pitt after they lose their coach for the 3rd time in 3 years or whatever it was.

That'd be like Larry King marrying Elizabeth Taylor because he's tired of getting divorced so much and wants to settle down.

If Pitt loses Chryst to Wisconsin, there's no chance they roll the dice with someone like Petrino who (deserved or not) carries the job hopper lately.  Pitt craves becoming relevant again, but they need consistency at head coach in order for that to happen.  If Petrino gets a chance anywhere, it'll be at a school that isn't afraid to roll the dice and deal with the consequences if he jumps ship after one good season or lets his demons catch up with him again.

Grunt

Bobby's too good for Arkansas. Like a monkey on a computer.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

nextlevel

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on December 05, 2012, 02:16:57 pm
Could you be more specific, please?

They were asking about specifics on what happened here that led to his firing and what he has done to correct the issues and he went off on how it was in the past and he wasn't going to talk about it, but he would pay his own way to talk in person to them and talk only about football.

Doesn't sound like a person who regrets his decisions and realizes they were wrong, sounds like a person that is pissed they got caught.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: psooie on December 05, 2012, 02:17:10 pm
BP should go to FIU and hit south beach

Butch Davis is on FIU's radar for their recent opening.

ell oh ell

RedRock

Petrino should probably start looking at the high school level

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: nextlevel on December 05, 2012, 02:19:41 pm
They were asking about specifics on what happened here that led to his firing and what he has done to correct the issues and he went off on how it was in the past and he wasn't going to talk about it, but he would pay his own way to talk in person to them and talk only about football.

Doesn't sound like a person who regrets his decisions and realizes they were wrong, sounds like a person that is pissed they got caught.
Agreed; thank you for the information.  It also shows how desperate he was to get the job - kind of creepy.

nextlevel

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on December 05, 2012, 02:21:20 pm
Agreed; thank you for the information.  It also shows how desperate he was to get the job - kind of creepy.

The only jobs he has contacted schools directly about have been Auburn and USM.

His dad was in the media about Kentucky.

Auburn and USM are on our schedule next season, yeah he mad.

ell oh ell

Athog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 05, 2012, 12:44:51 pm
Haven't heard it but it wouldn't surprise me. I doubt that he gets a job anywhere in Arkansas again.

Nobody in the state of AR is going to hire Bobby. That is a troll messing with you.