Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why no support AState.

Started by cdhogfan, October 29, 2007, 11:57:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Hambino

Quote from: arktravlr on October 29, 2007, 06:08:24 pm
Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 11:57:50 am
Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest.

Jonesboro

Dry county.  Need we say more?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: JBRHOGfan on October 29, 2007, 12:56:11 pm
You have no idea how some of these people hate the Hogs. I used to try to support both teams but I was told that I couldn't be for both.

2 reasons:

1. ASU hates the Hogs.

2. ASU football = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

nahnahrenee

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on October 29, 2007, 05:23:30 pm
The only problem I have with ASU is they play in a insignificant conference full of insignificant teams.

They played Tennessee and Texas out of conference this year.  Not bad..... and came within 8 points of Texas

Who did we play out of conference?
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

Brownie Tuggle

Look, that school in Jonesboro needs no introduction or support from the Hog Fan Base. I, Like Frank Broyles refuse to utter thier name in any public or civic venue. Let the fans of the Tire and Wheel Institute at Jonesboro fend for itself! 

nahnahrenee

Gotta love you guys.  I get smited because I said they play Tennesse and Texas when we played FIU and Tenn-Chat.  Whatever....
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

THHAWG

I wore Hog clothing all over Jonesboro while in school and never had an encounter with Hog haters.  They are still Arkansas kids trying to better themselves and are deserving of support, including UCA and the DII schools.  I like that they don't play and root for all of them.

krackhog

Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest.  Sell out Indian Stadium while leaving empty seats at RRS.  I think that would surely tick the PTB off.

And if you go to an AState game support the Indians while you are there.  Don't be there as a UA fan in protest.
Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest.  Sell out Indian Stadium while leaving empty seats at RRS.  I think that would surely tick the PTB off.

And if you go to an AState game support the Indians while you are there.  Don't be there as a UA fan in protest.
Because there is a better team to support in AR and that is UCA. Go see a great offense, quarterback and a team that wins!

ark30inf

Quote from: THHAWG on October 29, 2007, 07:47:11 pm
I wore Hog clothing all over Jonesboro while in school and never had an encounter with Hog haters.  They are still Arkansas kids trying to better themselves and are deserving of support, including UCA and the DII schools.  I like that they don't play and root for all of them.

Thanks, this thread is an embarassment....exactly like its an embarassment when a few ASU fans do the same.  There is zero difference between some of the statements in this thread and what they complain about from some ASU fans.  No way to tell the difference if you change the names.

I'd like to see Arkansas with an SEC, Sun Belt, and Southland Championship at the same time.  I'd like to see UCA stomp through DI-AA for a few years and move to D-I also.  It would do nothing but good for this state to have three successful football programs.  Those that are afraid of that are paranoid.

Omahabound

Its not ever going to happen. Yoy could put a NFL team here, if it doesnt have a hog on the helment it wont make it.

Dr Swineglove

October 29, 2007, 08:09:48 pm #60 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:15:40 pm by Dr Swineglove
ASU has a football program?  That's news to me. (sarcasm).

If I was going to follow another team just to spite the BOT, it'd have to go with Tulsa or
Missouri; maybe even (gasp) OU or OSU.  That however, just won't happen.  Following your favorite team is like love; you can't just will yourself to fall in love with some random chick you just met over shots at a Electric Cowboy, all because you're desperately trying to get over your ex, that one true love of your life that you've ever had.  But now it's all over and you're just lonely, wishing you were still in love, and anybody handy will do (queue melodramatic country/western music and much loud blowing of hankies), "...you picked a fine to leave me Razorbacks, you *&^% you *&^^ you &^%^$#...

I'll just watch the NFL more, now that my lifelong Hogaffair seems to be fading into apathy.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

ark30inf

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on October 29, 2007, 08:09:48 pm
ASU has a football program?  That's news to me. (sarcasm).

If I was going to follow another team just to spite the BOT, it'd have to go with Tulsa or
Missouri; maybe even (gasp) OU or OSU.  That however, just won't happen.  Following your favorite team is like love; you can't just will yourself to fall in love with the chick you just met at a Electric Cowboy, just because you're trying to get over your ex, the one true love of your life that you've ever had, but now it's over now and you're lonely (queue melodramatic country/western music and hankies), "...you picked a fine to leave me Razorbacks, you *&^% you *&^^ you &^%^$#...

I'll just watch the NFL more, now that my lifelong Hogaffair seems to be fading into apathy.

That's true enough....its rare for someone to pick up a new team in mid-life that they can get passionate about.  Thats just the way it is.  Luckily I grew up with both ASU and UA though those are probably the only ones I will ever have.  Though I admit UCA has gotten me interested in seeing them kick butt in ASU's old conference.   

lockmaster

I will turn my back till the program is rebuilt (HOGS).......UCA may be small but the program and the coach are class acts and I'll send my support and money that way please!!!

cmakrzrbak

Um, cause they stink and I have zero passion for them.  They are in the Sun Belt (glorified D-1AA).  They got shut out by a very crappy team last week.  They are in the opposite corner of the state.  They aren't the Razorbacks.  They have a Nutt involved in their athletic program.  They have never been good enough to give me a reason to support them.  Other than that and a few thousand other reasons, hell, I guess you could call me a die hard fan :0
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: solix on October 29, 2007, 01:20:03 pm
Not many people go to ASU games. Even those of us that live here. I can see the football stadium from where i work. Still not gonna go. You have no idea how some of these people hate the Hogs. I used to try to support both teams but I was told that I couldn't be for both. Easy decision for me. WPSMN
being the moron i am and thinking about the stadium i was going to say "yeah right do you work at the fire station" then i looked at your avatar.  do they still have the pavilion there? i heard it was going to get torn down
Yeah the pavilion is still there. We had a party in there last Friday night.

Immensehog

Go watch UCA if you want to see a good product on the field,

And an administration that is doing things correctly.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

nahnahrenee

Quote from: Immensehog on October 29, 2007, 09:09:29 pm
Go watch UCA if you want to see a good product on the field,

And an administration that is doing things correctly.

+1

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 06:20:04 pm
Quote from: arktravlr on October 29, 2007, 06:08:24 pm
Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest.

Jonesboro

Dry county.  Need we say more?
There is plenty of alcohol in Jonesboro.

Immensehog

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

gomersnerd

Quote from: havok on October 29, 2007, 01:01:15 pm
Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 11:59:15 am
Because AState Indians are not my Hogs. 

To me..watching an A-State game would be like watching a Soccer Game..  No interest what-so-ever.

Yep. not as exciting as UA-Chatanooga or UA-Fla Int
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

chiefsfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 29, 2007, 12:10:02 pm
I hate ASU and I wish their football program was dead.

This is coming from an ASU alumni.

I can just feel the love
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Not many people go to ASU games. Even those of us that live here. I can see the football stadium from where i work. Still not gonna go. You have no idea how some of these people hate the Hogs. I used to try to support both teams but I was told that I couldn't be for both. Easy decision for me. WPSMN

ASU does have alot of people who just hate Arkansas, but can you blame them.   We have people in Jonesboro that wish Frank Broyles were dead everyday of the week.   We have people on this board who wish the same exact thing

just for different reasons.   Heck the University of Arkansas fought tooth and nail to keep us from becoming a university back in the 50's.   Now, they send out letters to prospective students talking about how they are the only Division 1 school in the state of arkansas  (When there are actually 5)

I stopped attending razorback games a couple years ago and the plan was to continue till Frank Broyles was out of office.   I extended it untilL Houston Nutt is out of office as well

I cheer for the University of Arkansas everyday in athletics.  But I have not one iota of respect for anyone that currently inhabits their administration or athletic offices
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Jim

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on October 29, 2007, 08:18:49 pm
Um, cause they stink and I have zero passion for them.  They are in the Sun Belt (glorified D-1AA).  They got shut out by a very crappy team last week.  They are in the opposite corner of the state.  They aren't the Razorbacks.  They have a Nutt involved in their athletic program. They have never been good enough to give me a reason to support them.  Other than that and a few thousand other reasons, hell, I guess you could call me a die hard fan :0

I was just going to mention this.

Leave one institution because of a Nutt and go to another institution with a different Nutt.

Nice premise but if I'm protesting HDN, I won't support Dickie's school either.

ark30inf

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 29, 2007, 09:34:57 pm

ASU does have alot of people who just hate Arkansas, but can you blame them.   We have people in Jonesboro that wish Frank Broyles were dead everyday of the week.   We have people on this board who wish the same exact thing

just for different reasons.   Heck the University of Arkansas fought tooth and nail to keep us from becoming a university back in the 50's.   Now, they send out letters to prospective students talking about how they are the only Division 1 school in the state of arkansas  (When there are actually 5)

I stopped attending razorback games a couple years ago and the plan was to continue till Frank Broyles was out of office.   I extended it untilL Houston Nutt is out of office as well

I cheer for the University of Arkansas everyday in athletics.  But I have not one iota of respect for anyone that currently inhabits their administration or athletic offices

I feel very lucky to have grown up with both UA and ASU support in my house.  I don't have to be scared of either one or try to knock either one down to feel better.  I've got two Arkansas teams I am passionate about to hope for each weekend.    Thats good stuff.

As for love......its amazing how many ASU threads show up on here and how many feel like its important enough to drop in for a comment on.  And that works the other way also on Tribal Grounds.

Sadly, I can post FIRE NUTT! on both message boards and be relevant.

Blue35

The Indians are boring.  They only play for money. Jonesboro is boring, perhaps the most boring town in the state, unless you like to hang out at the supercenter or Home Depot. I think there is a 10% off sale on leaf blowers this week.

bradleywright89

That is [CENSORED] stupid.

Rooka

Well I am a fan of both schools and when Arkansas plays the Sun Belt schools I go to ASU games, but Hogs always come first in my book.  It has just been a rough time but the problem shall be removed in a month!

ark30inf

Quote from: Blue35 on October 29, 2007, 09:55:28 pm
Jonesboro is boring, perhaps the most boring town in the state, unless you like to hang out at the supercenter or Home Depot. I think there is a 10% off sale on leaf blowers this week.

I've heard a lot of stuff about Springdale on message boards too....should I believe 'em?  Springdale?  Jonesboro?  Little Rock?  Hell, maybe its our whole state that's screwed up.

chiefsfan

The Indians are boring.  They only play for money. Jonesboro is boring, perhaps the most boring town in the state, unless you like to hang out at the supercenter or Home Depot. I think there is a 10% off sale on leaf blowers this week.

ASU plays only 1-2 games a year for money.   The rest are againsnt comparable competition.    Im not promising an exciting game, but its better then Nutt ball

bearcathog

Have you ever been to Jonesboro?

I went twice this year, they have a great fan base even if its small.  They have been the step-child of the state for 50 years.  So I can understand why they dislike UA(most I talked to including a long time fan didn't hate the hogs, just preferred StAte). 

I went to UCA, a great place and growing.  We understand how they feel.  UCA was winning National Titles, while UA was losing to Miami 51-7, and Losing to the Citadel, and UCA couldn't get a back page story in the ADG. 

We were all Hog fans but it got very difficult to stay that way. 

Just like the guys win state titles in AA or AAA ball, they are heroes in their area, and zeroes to everyone else.   
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

hillhog

Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 11:59:15 am
Because AState Indians are not my Hogs. 
Sounds as if you are one of the BOT, PTB. They are the only ones that own the Hogs. The every day fan has no ownership of the Hogs, we only have that power/right that THEY allow us to have, which is very little.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 29, 2007, 12:10:02 pm
I hate ASU and I wish their football program was dead.

This is coming from an ASU alumni.

It's not?  Funny, I never knew it was alive.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ark30inf

Quote from: bearcathog on October 30, 2007, 10:30:49 am

Have you ever been to Jonesboro?

I went twice this year, they have a great fan base even if its small.  They have been the step-child of the state for 50 years.  So I can understand why they dislike UA(most I talked to including a long time fan didn't hate the hogs, just preferred StAte). 

I went to UCA, a great place and growing.  We understand how they feel.  UCA was winning National Titles, while UA was losing to Miami 51-7, and Losing to the Citadel, and UCA couldn't get a back page story in the ADG. 

We were all Hog fans but it got very difficult to stay that way. 

Just like the guys win state titles in AA or AAA ball, they are heroes in their area, and zeroes to everyone else.   

I don't think that any ASU, UCA, or UALR supporter thinks that they are in danger of surpassing UA or dethroning UA as the premier athletic program in the state.  I don't think ASU, UCA, or UALR supporters believe that they will be surpassing UA as the premier academic program in the state.  I don't think that they should expect any assistance or recognition from UA any more than UA assists or recognizes any other educational institution.  These schools should not expect to have any boosts from UA.

I do think however that ASU and UCA supporters should be able to expect that the premier university in their state will not actively attempt to obstruct their forward progress and will not treat them any differently than UA would any other out of state school (such as ULM).

Some of the bad feelings come from having obstacles placed....whether in athletic scheduling, or in legislative arena, or even in fighting against them having University status.

Even if you think UA should completely ignore other in-state schools as if they did not exist...surely all Arkansans can agree that Arkansas educational institutions should not be placing obstacles in each other's way to prevent forward progress. Everybody can get along as if they didn't even exist at least.

ozarkhog

I would rather have ASU's Coach. He is a stand-up no nonsense individual.
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

October 30, 2007, 12:40:50 pm #84 Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:42:31 pm by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Quote from: THHAWG on October 29, 2007, 07:47:11 pm

I never had a bad experience either. I was there for 6 years and never had any problems. The only people I met that weren't fans of both ASU and U of A were people from out of state.

I dont see how some hog fans complain about ASU feeling like not playing them is a slap in the face. When one set of faces constently tell another group of fans their program shouldnt exist and they arent worthy to play them, it does get a little irritating.

I mean how did some of you feel when Memphis didnt want to play the Hogs in Basketball a couple of years ago.