Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Biggest Fear from the Bielema Erorr

Started by HeathWimp, February 12, 2018, 12:32:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 14, 2018, 10:30:40 am
Hatcher only played in 2 games due to injury. He certainly would have contributed, though.

We're not talking about what would have or could have happened. Where the heck did McKay come from? We're talking about what happened and what is real. That's a pretty big goalpost move there. My number don't assume anything, they are just numbers. Good lord.
Well you were going on about how thin the receiving corp was...that was one guy off the top of my head (receiver) that I remembered transferring out during the Petrino to Bielema transition. He went on to Cincinnati and had a hell of a college career. According to you, that is an example of a  recruiting/retention problem. I'm of the opinion that is a coaching transition problem. We went from power spread to whatever Bielema was about...and when a guy like that transfers out you want to blame it on recruiting instead of the situation.

Let's see how many of Bielemas players are straight up leading the team here in 3 years. If they all stick around like you would claim they should (since recruiting went so well with Bielema) and are leading this team much more so than Morris' recruits, I'll eat crow.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogPharmer

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 14, 2018, 12:17:05 pm
Do you know how pathetic it is to hang onto fifty years ago? Five DECADES.

Oklahoma State is 103-40 in the past decade. Arkansas is 75-64. Winning almost 30 more ball games seems pretty good to me.

Yet you desperately want to join the same conference as them?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HoggyCat

Question about Kansas post-Mangino, because I honestly don't know....

Did they keep their AD?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 14, 2018, 12:17:05 pm
Do you know how pathetic it is to hang onto fifty years ago? Five DECADES.

Oklahoma State is 103-40 in the past decade. Arkansas is 75-64. Winning almost 30 more ball games seems pretty good to me.

And if Arkansas played their schedule oven the past decade.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Razorbackers

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2018, 02:30:25 pm
Well you were going on about how thin the receiving corp was...

WTH no I didn't lol.

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2018, 02:30:25 pm
Well you were going on about how thin the receiving corp was...that was one guy off the top of my head (receiver) that I remembered transferring out during the Petrino to Bielema transition. He went on to Cincinnati and had a hell of a college career. According to you, that is an example of a  recruiting/retention problem. I'm of the opinion that is a coaching transition problem. We went from power spread to whatever Bielema was about...and when a guy like that transfers out you want to blame it on recruiting instead of the situation.

Let's see how many of Bielemas players are straight up leading the team here in 3 years. If they all stick around like you would claim they should (since recruiting went so well with Bielema) and are leading this team much more so than Morris' recruits, I'll eat crow.

You will never eat crow, because I've proven you wrong like a billion times yet here you are just making crap up and moving goalposts so far that they're not even in the stadium anymore.

jkstock04

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 14, 2018, 05:05:45 pm
WTH no I didn't lol.

You will never eat crow, because I've proven you wrong like a billion times yet here you are just making crap up and moving goalposts so far that they're not even in the stadium anymore.
My mistake...I did not really mean to say "thin" I meant to say you were going on about how there were few upperclassmen and mostly only Bielemas offensive players (receivers in particular).

I'm honestly not trying to move goalposts. I'm trying sticking to the subject at hand (unless I'm misunderstanding you). (You say) Recruiting under Petrino was bad because the retention was awful and going downhill which Bielema had to deal with. I say that lack of retention has much more so to do with the coaching transition and philosophy/culture change vs bad recruiting. That's the disagreement.

I predict we will see similar defections with this current transition...and I won't blame shortcomings in 2020 or 2021 on Bielema...promise you. And if his upperclassmen are wholly leading this team in a few years (like you insinuate is the way it should be) I absolutely will eat crow.

Another thing...if we come out and have a banner year this season and win 9 or 10 regular season games (some Bielema fans are comparing this to the Ford/Nutt transition) I'll be the first in line to give props to Bielema for having that type of talent for Morris to work with.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys