Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm generally immune to advertising, but...

Started by Albert Einswine, October 13, 2014, 10:45:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

After watching the infomercial for the Extinguisher Deer Calling System for the past 2 years on the Pursuit Channel in the break room at work... I broke down and ordered it from Amazon just now.

I've had good success calling deer for a couple of decades now, but I just know this call is going to consistently put 150+ class bucks in my wheelhouse, LOL!

Anyone in here use it?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

Me, too, Delta.

Are there no deer hunters in the forum using this call?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

woodrow hog call

I have watched that too, and I almost ordered one myself, I recommended it to a friend that is bow hunting Kansas this year but I don't think he bought one.

If I hunted where I knew there were a good number of 150 class bucks and up, I would definitely get it, but I'm not getting near enough time in the woods anymore so I don't buy as much accessories as I used to.

Let us know what you think about when you get it.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Albert Einswine

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 13, 2014, 05:25:58 pm
I have watched that too, and I almost ordered one myself, I recommended it to a friend that is bow hunting Kansas this year but I don't think he bought one.

If I hunted where I knew there were a good number of 150 class bucks and up, I would definitely get it, but I'm not getting near enough time in the woods anymore so I don't buy as much accessories as I used to.

Let us know what you think about when you get it.

I'll run it through the vocalization paces, but I won't really know much til next fall. I won't be hunting this fall because I'm busy with a transition of getting myself moved back to Arkansas at the end of the year. Maybe I'll try to hunt some in January and February once I'm back on the farm.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 13, 2014, 01:19:50 pm

Me, too, Delta.

Are there no deer hunters in the forum using this call?

Probably a few like me.....that are waiting to find out how yours work.  Guess we will have to wait another year.  When you post 2 or 3 pics of dead 150+ class bucks, that almost ran you over...that you shot in self defense...I will have my credit card ready.

For now, will have to resist....the call of the internet.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 13, 2014, 10:30:39 pm
Probably a few like me.....that are waiting to find out how yours work.  Guess we will have to wait another year.  When you post 2 or 3 pics of dead 150+ class bucks, that almost ran you over...that you shot in self defense...I will have my credit card ready.

For now, will have to resist....the call of the internet.....

Haha, I figured surely somebody in here had succumbed to the pressure by now, I've held out for 2 years.

RazorBassin

Haven't used one, nor heard of anyone that has.  Keep us posted if you start stacking up the 150+ bucks!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: RazorBassin on October 14, 2014, 04:46:49 pm
Haven't used one, nor heard of anyone that has.  Keep us posted if you start stacking up the 150+ bucks!

You know I'll have to, I mean all the bucks they shoot on the infomercial are absolute B&C monsters, lol.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 14, 2014, 01:44:00 pm
If I saw one in the store, I might pick it up. But I'm not ordering one.

It was only $32 after S&H from Amazon. I've wasted more many times on various things.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 14, 2014, 06:34:51 pm
Oh, it wasn't the price. It was the idea of ordering from an ad. But if the local hunting store has an "As Seen On TV" end cap I'd probably pick one up.

Booners, Scott, guaranteed Booners! I mean you'll pull 'em from up to 8 counties away.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 14, 2014, 08:15:37 pm
I hunt southern Washington County. I'm happy if I can't lift the whole deer by myself.

It's amazing that the Arkansas record came out of Crawford County just south of there. It most likely rode in from Kansas on the back of a mountain lion... 8)

clutch

I'm still waiting to call in a whole group of bucks with my Drury Buck Growler

Albert Einswine

October 14, 2014, 09:35:19 pm #14 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:04:09 am by Albert Einswine
Quote from: clutch on October 14, 2014, 09:12:59 pm
I'm still waiting to call in a whole group of bucks with my Drury Buck Growler

I've been using an A Way Bowgrunter Plus for over a decade now that I bought at DNW in Jonesboro and I've called in a ton of deer with it over the years. I called in the best buck of my life and arrowed it at 7 or so steps from the base of my tree here in Indiana.

It's an inhale call so it never locks up and has a great sound as a mature buck, young buck and doe bleat, but the fawn bleat is worthless. I have to pull it apart and move the o-ring up and down the reed which is a pain on the stand holding a bow.  Does really respond to it, they come to like a dog to a whistle.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 14, 2014, 06:55:46 pm

Booners, Scott, guaranteed Booners! I mean you'll pull 'em from up to 8 counties away.
Guaranteed, huh?  What could possibly go wrong?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 15, 2014, 08:01:42 am
Guaranteed, huh?  What could possibly go wrong?

No Booners within 8 counties? Have you seen the infomercial? This has to be legit, they seem so sincere.

Haha!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 15, 2014, 09:07:01 am

No Booners within 8 counties? Have you seen the infomercial? This has to be legit, they seem so sincere.

Haha!
Just build a stand on top of the processor's store in downtown Carway and call 'em in, Al.   :)

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 15, 2014, 09:18:11 am
Just build a stand on top of the processor's store in downtown Carway and call 'em in, Al.   :)

Is there really a processor in Caraway? I haven't been in the area for a decade.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 15, 2014, 09:26:14 am
Is there really a processor in Caraway? I haven't been in the area for a decade.
I doubt it...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 15, 2014, 09:51:02 am
I doubt it...

Me too, but there's probably a thriving processing industry sprung up in Black Oak...

grayhawg

Well Albert I had never even heard of the Extinguisher until you posted and after doing a lot of searching and reading I have ordered one.

BTW if anyone wants the counterfeit The Walmart store in Van Buren, Alma and on one of the Ft Smith stores have a few in stock. Almost bought one of those until reading some reviews, the fact that Flextone copied the call and used the same name was the clincher and I ordered one this AM.

Albert Einswine

Sweet deal, gray! Now you can give us the official review.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Got my caller last year, right on the deer lease....& free.

Brought a big pot of pinto beans to the camp every weekend....& hid a recorder behind the outhouse .  Got all the sounds you can imagine.  Had to edit of course, but got plenty of grunt sounds....some of them way too aggressive to use on a stand. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

clutch

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 15, 2014, 10:43:29 am

Me too, but there's probably a thriving processing industry sprung up in Black Oak...

Just drive south a little through lepanto and to the thriving city of Birdsong and you'll find one. Or Tyronza. Haha

grayhawg

Hey Al it works, when my son said he was going this afternoon I pitched him the extinguisher and said try this, and here is what happened.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Albert Einswine

That's good stuff, gray! Did the old boy come crashing in just like on the infomercial? Haha

PonderinHog

Albert Einswine

I've gotta say I like the adjustable nature of the call and ease with which you can go from fawn to doe to buck to mature buck, but I'm underwhelmed by the tone and volume it produces. I think my old A Way Bowgrunter Plus sounds better.

But, I'm not a deer, so I'll give this thing a fair chance. Won't be ditching my Bowgrunter Plus, though.

grayhawg

I've called in several bucks, but no monsters like the ones in the commercial. Nothing as big as the one my son killed while using it. But I have to say I really like mine.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: grayhawg on November 26, 2014, 06:45:20 pm
I've called in several bucks, but no monsters like the ones in the commercial. Nothing as big as the one my son killed while using it. But I have to say I really like mine.

Good to know, Gray. How has it worked calling in does? That's what I've always liked about my Bowgrunter, I can slip the O-ring up to the doe setting and call any does I see right to my tree. Since I'm a meat hunter first and foremost, I like getting them in to the range that I can't miss.

grayhawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 27, 2014, 12:43:24 am

Good to know, Gray. How has it worked calling in does? That's what I've always liked about my Bowgrunter, I can slip the O-ring up to the doe setting and call any does I see right to my tree. Since I'm a meat hunter first and foremost, I like getting them in to the range that I can't miss.
I really haven't used the fawn call that much, but I have an old fawn call that works well on does and can make this call sound like it.

The first weekend of gun season I bow hunted at Ft Chaffee WMA (no gun hunt there except a 2 day hunt the next weekend). With a combination of a doe bleat and buck tending grunt I called a small racked 8 point within 15 yards. Probably a year and a half old deer so I let him walk.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

What if a hunter two counties away has one of these calls?  I think the deer will be so confused the Ark. Game and Fish may cancel the rut.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 27, 2014, 07:40:45 am
What if a hunter two counties away has one of these calls?  I think the deer will be so confused the Ark. Game and Fish may cancel the rut.

I hadn't even considered that possibility, but you're right, this whole situation could be devastating if the Game and Fish orders all deer sex to stop forthwith. Why, they'd become as scarce as the black panther population in the Natural State!!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 27, 2014, 07:40:45 am
Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 27, 2014, 08:08:35 am

I hadn't even considered that possibility, but you're right, this whole situation could be devastating if the Game and Fish orders all deer sex to stop forthwith. Why, they'd become as scarce as the black panther population in the Natural State!!!!
;D ;D