Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hear the distant sound of a falling bomb!!

Started by 007 License To Squeal, August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Since 1894

There is a time and a place for everything.

This is not the time nor the place.

Not Today.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

LSUFan

Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 09:50:37 am
Quote from: PorkOpine on August 10, 2007, 09:47:25 am
Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 09:45:06 am
It's a "confirmed" rumor.  There will be some breaking news later today.  (not a firing or resignation though).

An apology would be a good start.

Oh, I wouldn't expect that from Mr. Denial. 

I am reminded, however, of a quote I read once in a pleading.  When you have the evidence, pound the evidence.  When you have the law, pound the law.  When you have neither, pound the table.  The contingent of Razorback fans trying to end the hostage crisis continues to present evidence.  The nuttzis continue to pound the table.  Bring on more evidence!  That "distant sound" you are referring to is probably more table pounding by the Nuttzis.

I'd have more respect for the man if he just came out and said "Yeah, I told them to run them off, now SUCK IT!"

press ham

it needs to be an announcement of the next ad!

razornole

Quote from: pimphog on August 10, 2007, 09:05:27 am
You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

ya know, we were told can't do it after the bowl game, too close to signing day.  they told can't do it after that too close to spring practice, then we were told can't do it after spring practice, nobody would take it, now we are told can't fire nutt too close to Troy.

So when do you think a coach should be cut?
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

GiantFoamFingerMak

Quote from: razornole on August 10, 2007, 10:44:31 am
You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

ya know, we were told can't do it after the bowl game, too close to signing day.  they told can't do it after that too close to spring practice, then we were told can't do it after spring practice, nobody would take it, now we are told can't fire nutt too close to Troy.

11/26/2004
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

NWASooner

Keep in mind 007 was the same person guaranteeing that Mike Montgomery would be the next basketball coach.  That was before the Dana Altman mess.

EastexHawg

I have asked this same question over and over and over and over....

hawgwilde

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 10, 2007, 11:20:40 am

No time appears to be a good time.  Why can't The Dork be fired now?  Crowe was fired after the Citadel Fiasco.  Make the move, we'll recover.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

NWASooner

QuoteSo when do you think a coach should be cut?

Mid December is the best time.  That's when there is a pool of coaches looking to take jobs.  No one takes a new head coaching job in the summer.

Stick with Nutt this season and can him in mid December.  Then hire the guy from Wake Forrest.

wildhogman

Unless he was tipping strippers with a University MasterCard down in florida, I doubt he will get fir just before the start of the season. I look for him to leave town about 2 weeks before christmas, even if we make a bowl. He'll win 10 and parlay that into a job elsewhere. Ride off into the sunset a rich man with his pants down saying Kiss it. LOL
And for the theory of waiting to collect that big annuity. Two scenarios. One the BOT gives it to him to get him out. Or the new school covers it to get him to come. Aint sports a sstrange place.

hawgwilde

Quote from: NWASooner on August 10, 2007, 11:24:47 am

Mid December is the best time.  That's when there is a pool of coaches looking to take jobs.  No one takes a new head coaching job in the summer.

Stick with Nutt this season and can him in mid December.  Then hire the guy from Wake Forrest.

Nope, fire hime now, make Herring interim and try to get Spurrier or Stoops at the end of the season.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

HogBaptist

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 10, 2007, 11:23:24 am

No time appears to be a good time.  Why can't The Dork be fired now?  Crowe was fired after the Citadel Fiasco.  Make the move, we'll recover.

No joke.  We fired Crowe, then eventually moved on to a crappy coach who made the program better.  if we fire HDN, then bring in a great coach...

wow...

NWASooner

QuoteNope, fire hime now, make Herring interim and try to get Spurrier or Stoops at the end of the season.

Which Stoops?  Mike?  Remember, Bob was the one who wouldn't even interview at Arkansas while he was DC at Florida.  Spurrier warned him that Broyles likes to meddle too much.  I doubt that mike would think anything different.  Besides, Arizona has a favorable schedule this year and I see them winning about 8 games and going to a decent bowl.  That'd get him another few years and he makes good money.

As for Spurrier (and this applies to most anyone), Arkansas doesn't have a history of paying big money for coaches.  Hell, Baylor pays it's coach more thank Arkansas.  This became a problem during the last two basketball hires as well.  For some reason, Arkansas will throw millions at facilities but is cheap when it comes to a coach.

Also in regards to Spurrier, he gets a membership to Augusta National as part of his package at South Carolina.  He also makes in the $2 million range.  He's not about the give either of those up.

VANVONDENBURGH

While it does appear that Nutt and those around him have been involved in some things they should definitely not been involved in..... if anybody thinks that the axe is coming you are not thinking rationally. There is no freaking way that Nutt gets fired before this season starts.  The only way he gets fired during the season is in the event of an absolute collapse.  Now I do see possibilities after the season.

So if you are sitting by your computer hitting refresh over and over hoping to see the long awaited NUTT IS GONE post you will be doing it covered in cobwebs.

KY Hog Man

Quote from: aristotle on August 10, 2007, 09:21:50 am
Quote from: TxHogger on August 10, 2007, 09:16:18 am
ain't none of that. it's the sound of my 401K hittin' rock bottom.

4 sure. If you have an interactive 401K, move those stock positions into bonds ( or bond funds ) and weather the storm. The European Central Bank had to put a record amount of cash into the market yesterday and global stocks are getting hammered.

Good advice.  I did that last Friday. 

Jim

The only presser I'd expect with any certainty is one on Monday in Vegas for these guys.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: NWASooner on August 10, 2007, 11:05:42 am
Keep in mind 007 was the same person guaranteeing that Mike Montgomery would be the next basketball coach.  That was before the Dana Altman mess.

Wrong!!  I think that was Moses_007.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 10, 2007, 11:27:00 am
Quote from: NWASooner on August 10, 2007, 11:24:47 am

Nope, fire hime now, make Herring interim and try to get Spurrier or Stoops at the end of the season.

BINGO!!!  That would be great.

dhornjr1

Quote from: PorkPariah on August 10, 2007, 08:44:05 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am
Anyone else hear it?  Estimated impact this afternoon.

I've seen this movie before.

I almost GUARANTEE you that nothing big happens today.

Almost guarantee?

That's kinda like being almost pregnant isn't it?

the notorious P.I.G.

Don't belive the hype. Nothing will happen today except practice.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: GBPackerFan on August 10, 2007, 09:59:16 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 09:17:58 am
Quote from: UAfan on August 10, 2007, 09:16:12 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 09:08:14 am

The longer crap is covered up, the stinkier it becomes.  Clean house now!!
I truly believe that anyone who wants the bomb to be dropped at this point has no interest in this teams success this season. JMHO.  Fire away.

I guess some folks are willing to sacrifice short-term gains for long-term results ???

That is ridiculous.  We have a possible Heisman winner on our team.  But, yeah, lets sacrifice that a few weeks before the season starts.

Are you saying DMAC can't win without Nutt?  I think that's crazy.

PigWig

Quote from: NWASooner on August 10, 2007, 11:36:29 am
QuoteNope, fire hime now, make Herring interim and try to get Spurrier or Stoops at the end of the season.

Which Stoops?  Mike?  Remember, Bob was the one who wouldn't even interview at Arkansas while he was DC at Florida.  Spurrier warned him that Broyles likes to meddle too much.  I doubt that mike would think anything different.  Besides, Arizona has a favorable schedule this year and I see them winning about 8 games and going to a decent bowl.  That'd get him another few years and he makes good money.

As for Spurrier (and this applies to most anyone), Arkansas doesn't have a history of paying big money for coaches.  Hell, Baylor pays it's coach more thank Arkansas.  This became a problem during the last two basketball hires as well.  For some reason, Arkansas will throw millions at facilities but is cheap when it comes to a coach.

Also in regards to Spurrier, he gets a membership to Augusta National as part of his package at South Carolina.  He also makes in the $2 million range.  He's not about the give either of those up.

Frank could fly him there on the RF jet whenever he wants. He may even let Steve leave in the middle of a coaching search for his assistants if he brown noses enough ;).

phadedhawg

OH HECK YEAH!!!  It's finally coming to an end.

Let's get together after work and have a watch party and celebrate!  What time does it drop?

piggingout

No kidding.  I want Dale gone as bad as anyone, but on the brink of a new season and the #14 recruiting class, let's just hold off until the end of the season.  If you do it now you have people reopening recruiting.  If you wait, the kids just want to see who the new coach is AND you use that to leverage someone coming in.  "yes we are an sec team with good facilities and you are not coming into an empty cupboard, you have a top 15 recruiting class coming in".  Coaches would much rather come into that situation.

demonHOG1013

I still dont understand why people keep saying we have the #14 recruiting class coming in. Signing Day is in FEBRUARY until then we have no recruiting class. Every single one of those kids who have "Verbally Committed" could change their mind and go somewhere else. Its good that we have so many kids saying there gonna come here, but alot can happen between now and Feb.

pimphog

After the freaking season is over.......that is when most do it......why on earth would you do it right now.....it is FOOTBALL SEASON!!!....time to play.....not time to fire the coach....even though I want him gone....just not right now.....do you have any idea how big of a distraction that would be to the players?  The biggest! 

We have a Heisman runner up tailback who will be here until the end of this year....and another stud back as his wingman.....why would you want to ruin that?  We all need to enjoy the talent we have this year.......it should be a lot of fun.....when it is all over...fire the man.....

pimphog

After the freaking season is over.......that is when most do it......why on earth would you do it right now.....it is FOOTBALL SEASON!!!....time to play.....not time to fire the coach....even though I want him gone....just not right now.....do you have any idea how big of a distraction that would be to the players?  The biggest! 

We have a Heisman runner up tailback who will be here until the end of this year....and another stud back as his wingman.....why would you want to ruin that?  We all need to enjoy the talent we have this year.......it should be a lot of fun.....when it is all over...fire the man.....

pimphog

T-Wacker

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on August 10, 2007, 12:10:26 pm
I still dont understand why people keep saying we have the #14 recruiting class coming in. Signing Day is in FEBRUARY until then we have no recruiting class. Every single one of those kids who have "Verbally Committed" could change their mind and go somewhere else. Its good that we have so many kids saying there gonna come here, but alot can happen between now and Feb.

Plus the fact that it is inflated due to the number of commits. There are schools both ahead, and just behind, with half the number of commits, but considerably higher in average stars. The only way to rank a class is by average stars, were we fall well back of the top 20.

MF

Oh, please.  Until I hear an emergency meeting of the BOT has been called and the Nuttster is absent from practice, all I care about is when DMac and his teammates will be on TV playing a non-Sun Belt team.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

ConwayHog

I don't think he's referring to Nutt getting axed. 

phadedhawg

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 12:18:31 pm

hmm...

that sucks....I still think there should be a bomb watch party though...

This will be a day to remember!

hogsanity

And, as is the preferred method here, he won't tell us what it is either.  My guess is it is NOTHING.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LSUFan

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 12:22:22 pm

And, as is the preferred method here, he won't tell us what it is either.  My guess is it is NOTHING.

It has already been stated in this very thread what is coming out.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=146864.msg2314872#msg2314872

razorsharphawg

Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 09:45:06 am
It's a "confirmed" rumor.  There will be some breaking news later today.  (not a firing or resignation though).

Well, since you guys are so into being the first source and breaking things before the state media does...why don't you elaborate instead of pulling the whole "I told you something was going to happen" routine tomorrow (if anything even does happen). 

KAHog

Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 12:25:03 pm

Surely you jest..

LSUFan

Quote from: Cooper on August 10, 2007, 12:57:50 pm
I hate nutt as much as the next guy, probably more. But it would be ridiculous to fire him now. As soon as the season is over, neuter this program. It won't matter though, the monkey will bolt to the first job opening he can. One way or another, he's gone after this year.

He'll have to be fired, nobody else wants him.

PCHogs

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 08:01:06 am
Quote from: Pork-U-Very-Much on August 10, 2007, 07:45:03 am
Care to elaborate?

I don't have details, but I have been put on alert.

I too have been put on alert.  And what I've been told is that what is coming will make the last round of emails that Eddie Christian uncovered look like kids' play.  We shall see.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

porkchopscott

Could it be that they have found Franks replacement and he will be grooming him to take his place at the end of the year.

Could it be that HDN is planning to leave at the end of the season and they are announcing that they are contracting a special group of experts to find us the best coach for the money?

Or do I just need to get a bottle of Turkey 101 and try to forget about todays debacle and injuries.

Help a brother out here.

wooo

I'm gonna go on about my bidness

someone PM me if you have a scoop

Since 1894

I just feel like I am running around in circles.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

PeytonManningSUCKS

ha, I guess, but steroid allegations is the first thing that I've heard that is actually a firing offense.  Is the letter verified B.S.?  or is it true?  Sorry if I'm clueless.

HogBaptist

Quote from: RanSolo on August 10, 2007, 01:10:39 pm
Quote from: Cooper on August 10, 2007, 01:08:57 pm
Quote from: RanSolo on August 10, 2007, 01:05:15 pm
http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59842

this may be what they are talking about.

Huh?
It eventually leads to a letter from Colin Tucker(razorback who has allegedly quite)'s Dad.  Here's the text, hope I don't get booted.
My son Colin Tucker turned in his equipment after 18 months of abuse from the Razorback coaching staff. I would rather tell a very loyal fan base first before a small DMG paragraph states he left the team for unknown reasons. I was a fan and very proud that he signed with the Hogs out of Pierce High School in 2005. I and 33 members of my family have graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. We love the school more than many Arkansans. I have read many of the Razors Edge comments and find some truth in the knowledge regarding the program and a majority of insights completely missing the mark. I know many fans will say I am a disgruntled parent. That is their right. Each person has an opinion.

While my son was trying to have a personal meeting to discuss his leaving the team and why, Coach Nutt he took three cellphone calls. That is all he could do to pay attention to someone that was making a very hard choice and asking for a small portion of his time. When I spoke to Coach Nutt by cellphone he couldn't even stop reading his fan mail to give me his full attention when my son was in the room. Colin said he cared less about my conversation. Mike Markuson didn't have the courtesy to even return my call last night but called my son and was put out. I called him directly to discuss his opinion of Colin. Markuson gave Colin very little in the way of thanks for his efforts. What a man of God he claims to be.

I know that steriods exist in the program and my son was not ever going to go in the direction. He was black balled by the strength coach and his graduate staff as not meeting the strength requirements to play in the SEC because he couldn't bech press 450 lbs and sqaut 600lbs. Mike Markuson told him today in a personal meeting he didin't have what it takes physically to play in the SEC - 6'5" 295lbs. He wiped Earnest Mitchell so bad last year in spring practice Earnest started a fight with him and was kicked out of practice. The strongest guy on the team was getting beaten by the weakest linemen.

The medical staff abused his broken foot i.e. Dean Weber. They told him the foot wasn't broken. An xray technician at the school was the Razorback expert. They claimed he had gout and when I sent him to the Washington County hospital emergency room the doctor clearly stated it was a broken foot. Dean Weber chewed him out for seeking outside medical attention and told him "this was indicative of his career". That is why our players aren't helped when they are injured. Dean Weber is a dumb ....

Folks get ready for much more to come from me. I love the Razorbacks and the U of A but our players deserve better coaching and people that want to develope them into better men and graduates that have degrees. By the way my son has made All SEC Academic every semester he has been at the University and will graduate in three years. I am more proud of that than him wearing the Hog uniform.

Colin recommended to Coach Nutt to give his schlorship to Mike Moffit because the walk on deserved to be rewarded. Colin is not bitter he has a big heart and has class. He will do well in life. The Razorback program did nothing to make him a better person. He had that before he arrived on campus. The players deserve better from the men that dominate their lifes for 4 years while playing ball. Go ask Zac Tubbs or Steve Parker some of Colin's best friends last year what they got from the program after the stadium lights turned off - not much and very little positives regarding the program.

He wishes the best to his former teammates.

this is old news, can't be what it is about.  i saw this earlier this week

moses_007

Maybe this is the bomb:

"My son Colin Tucker turned in his equipment after 18 months of abuse from the Razorback coaching staff."

Maybe Mr. Tucker is going to elaborate on the "abuse" to his son.  I cannot believe Nutt can't get off his freeking cell phone long enough to talk to a player threatening to leave his program or to the young man's father either.  Houston must have a cell phone growing out of his ears.

LSUFan

Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 01:22:50 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 12:25:03 pm

Apparently reading comprehension is a lost art.
The hell you say?

sadhog

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 10, 2007, 01:25:28 pm
More e-mails have been dug up folks.

Any thought as to when they're made public?

Stella

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on August 10, 2007, 12:10:26 pm

After seeing Nutt and Lee's offense this year, the offensive players may turn elsewhere!

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

HogNuttz

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 10, 2007, 01:25:28 pm
More e-mails have been dug up folks.

Inside source, known fact, guess in the dark?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.