Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hear the distant sound of a falling bomb!!

Started by 007 License To Squeal, August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on August 10, 2007, 12:10:26 pm
I still dont understand why people keep saying we have the #14 recruiting class coming in. Signing Day is in FEBRUARY until then we have no recruiting class. Every single one of those kids who have "Verbally Committed" could change their mind and go somewhere else. Its good that we have so many kids saying there gonna come here, but alot can happen between now and Feb.

IMO, the #14 ranking is due to the quantity of verbal commits.  I think Nutterbutter knew he was going to come under a lot of fire so he went with quantity over quality.  I don't mean the kids that verbally committed aren't quality players, it just seems like the Hogs offered alot of schollies earlier than normal and have inflated their recruiting ranking on the quantity of verbal commits.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

razorsharphawg

Quote from: porkchopscott on August 10, 2007, 01:03:21 pm
Could it be that they have found Franks replacement and he will be grooming him to take his place at the end of the year.

Could it be that HDN is planning to leave at the end of the season and they are announcing that they are contracting a special group of experts to find us the best coach for the money?

Or do I just need to get a bottle of Turkey 101 and try to forget about todays debacle and injuries.

Help a brother out here.

I'd head straight to the liquor store after work if I were you.

the notorious P.I.G.

Quote from: dhornjr1 on August 10, 2007, 12:01:21 pm
Quote from: PorkPariah on August 10, 2007, 08:44:05 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am
Anyone else hear it?  Estimated impact this afternoon.

I've seen this movie before.

I almost GUARANTEE you that nothing big happens today.

Almost guarantee?

That's kinda like being almost pregnant isn't it?

I love your picture. it's the coolest on on here. I'm not a darksider, but i'll give credit where credit is due!

grayhawg

chortle

casken

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 12:22:22 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 12:18:31 pm
Quote from: NWASooner on August 10, 2007, 11:05:42 am
Keep in mind 007 was the same person guaranteeing that Mike Montgomery would be the next basketball coach.  That was before the Dana Altman mess.

I don't think he's referring to Nutt getting axed. 

And, as is the preferred method here, he won't tell us what it is either.  My guess is it is NOTHING.

Let me guess...Bill Gillespie is going to be our next basketball coach...am I warm? BOOM!!!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

PulledPork

Quote from: GBPackerFan on August 10, 2007, 09:59:16 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 09:17:58 am
Quote from: UAfan on August 10, 2007, 09:16:12 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 09:08:14 am
Quote from: pimphog on August 10, 2007, 09:05:27 am
You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

The longer crap is covered up, the stinkier it becomes.  Clean house now!!
I truly believe that anyone who wants the bomb to be dropped at this point has no interest in this teams success this season. JMHO.  Fire away.

I guess some folks are willing to sacrifice short-term gains for long-term results ???

That is ridiculous.  We have a possible Heisman winner on our team.  But, yeah, lets sacrifice that a few weeks before the season starts.
please explain how we are "sacrificing" his potential.....Nutty couldn't coach last year and he was highly recognized, I believe he can prolly handle it on his own.

Pulled out...

PulledPork

Quote from: piggingout on August 10, 2007, 12:07:23 pm
No kidding.  I want Dale gone as bad as anyone, but on the brink of a new season and the #14 recruiting class, let's just hold off until the end of the season.  If you do it now you have people reopening recruiting.  If you wait, the kids just want to see who the new coach is AND you use that to leverage someone coming in.  "yes we are an sec team with good facilities and you are not coming into an empty cupboard, you have a top 15 recruiting class coming in".  Coaches would much rather come into that situation.
yeah, we might actually move into the top ten if NumbNutts is gone....who would want that?!

Pulled out....

redbarn

So I have a question?????????  Who the heck is having the press conference.  I have read where it is about more emails etc so surely the University won't announce that at a press conference.  Is Christian having the press conference , Hogville having a press conference, Big Deal maybe.  Who the heck is having the thing.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

SpareRib

Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 09:09:54 am
You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

PimpleHog, relax, you can follow The Dale to his next program he chooses to destroy.

I don't know if anything will happen or not, but THAT is really funny! ;D
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

JP is King

Anyone who parses with "I want him gone as bad as anyone, but..." needs to reexamine their position.

If you don't want him gone now, then you don't want him gone as bad as anyone.
Fire Nutt!

WilsonHog

Quote from: redbarn on August 10, 2007, 02:16:43 pm
So I have a question?????????  Who the heck is having the press conference.  I have read where it is about more emails etc so surely the University won't announce that at a press conference.  Is Christian having the press conference , Hogville having a press conference, Big Deal maybe.  Who the heck is having the thing.

Who said there was going to be a press conference?

LSUFan

Quote from: Porkaholic on August 10, 2007, 02:22:38 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 09:09:54 am

PimpleHog, relax, you can follow The Dale to his next program he chooses to destroy.

I don't know if anything will happen or not, but THAT is really funny! ;D
8) ;)

JP is King

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 10, 2007, 02:28:17 pm
Quote from: redbarn on August 10, 2007, 02:16:43 pm

Who said there was going to be a press conference?

Some people were joking about it, but the joke went over some people's heads.
Fire Nutt!

porkchopscott

Quote from: razorsharphawg on August 10, 2007, 01:43:21 pm
Could it be that they have found Franks replacement and he will be grooming him to take his place at the end of the year.

Could it be that HDN is planning to leave at the end of the season and they are announcing that they are contracting a special group of experts to find us the best coach for the money?

Or do I just need to get a bottle of Turkey 101 and try to forget about todays debacle and injuries.

Help a brother out here.

Going right now only thing, half pint or pint?????????????????? Pint

Dr. Leonard Ford

Quote from: moses_007 on August 10, 2007, 01:21:21 pm
Maybe this is the bomb:

"My son Colin Tucker turned in his equipment after 18 months of abuse from the Razorback coaching staff."

Maybe Mr. Tucker is going to elaborate on the "abuse" to his son.  I cannot believe Nutt can't get off his freeking cell phone long enough to talk to a player threatening to leave his program or to the young man's father either.  Houston must have a cell phone growing out of his ears.

Are you implying "sexual" abuse of football players? Now that just might get Nutt fired.  Now that I think about it, this coaching staff does have a lot of similarities to a highly disfunctional family, but damn.  It can't be.

HogNuttz

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on August 10, 2007, 02:37:29 pm
Maybe this is the bomb:

"My son Colin Tucker turned in his equipment after 18 months of abuse from the Razorback coaching staff."

Maybe Mr. Tucker is going to elaborate on the "abuse" to his son.  I cannot believe Nutt can't get off his freeking cell phone long enough to talk to a player threatening to leave his program or to the young man's father either.  Houston must have a cell phone growing out of his ears.

Are you implying "sexual" abuse of football players? Now that just might get Nutt fired.  Now that I think about it, this coaching staff does have a lot of similarities to a highly disfunctional family, but damn.  It can't be.

I'm pretty sure he would have already had his face broken if that was the case.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

moses_007

Maybe this is the bomb:

I seriously doubt sexual abuse but there was some abuse here or the father wouldn't have said what he said.  We'll just have to wait to hear more from Mr. Tucker.

razorsharphawg

Quote from: porkchopscott on August 10, 2007, 02:31:54 pm
Quote from: razorsharphawg on August 10, 2007, 01:43:21 pm

Help a brother out here.

Going right now only thing, half pint or pint?????????????????? Pint

I'll take a fifth of JD, thank you!  Nevermind, get some vodka...it goes better with kool-aid. 

moses_007

What it sounds to me like is that HDN doesn't give a sh*t how many players leave his program.  He certainly won't even try to convince them to stay.  Somebody (paw paw maybe) needs to disconnect his freeking cell phone.

TxHogger

Quote from: aristotle on August 10, 2007, 09:21:50 am
Quote from: TxHogger on August 10, 2007, 09:16:18 am
ain't none of that. it's the sound of my 401K hittin' rock bottom.

4 sure. If you have an interactive 401K, move those stock positions into bonds ( or bond funds ) and weather the storm. The European Central Bank had to put a record amount of cash into the market yesterday and global stocks are getting hammered.
well i went to nothing but cash

HedgeDweller

Quote from: moses_007 on August 10, 2007, 02:40:37 pm
Maybe this is the bomb:

I seriously doubt sexual abuse but there was some abuse here or the father wouldn't have said what he said.  We'll just have to wait to hear more from Mr. Tucker.

If I recall correctly, it's considered ABUSE if you don't talk to a player these days....

rzrbckfan426

I'm slowly giving up on these friday afternoon bombs people speak of.....

claytongray

Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on August 10, 2007, 11:41:41 am
While it does appear that Nutt and those around him have been involved in some things they should definitely not been involved in..... if anybody thinks that the axe is coming you are not thinking rationally. There is no freaking way that Nutt gets fired before this season starts.  The only way he gets fired during the season is in the event of an absolute collapse.  Now I do see possibilities after the season.

So if you are sitting by your computer hitting refresh over and over hoping to see the long awaited NUTT IS GONE post you will be doing it covered in cobwebs.

Since when does rational thought come into play around here?

razorbackfan4life

if anyone would enlighten me through pm about what's goin on I'd greatly appreciate it....  :)

The Marmot

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on August 10, 2007, 03:17:21 pm
if anyone would enlighten me through pm about what's goin on I'd greatly appreciate it....  :)

Nothings going on. The bomb was a dud.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Cartoon Man

hogsanity

Quote from: The Marmot on August 10, 2007, 03:19:08 pm

In order for a bomb to be a dud it has to atleast look like a bomb to start with.  This was nothing from the second it was posted. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 03:21:54 pm

In order for a bomb to be a dud it has to atleast look like a bomb to start with.  This was nothing from the second it was posted. 

was there at least some small arms fire???? ;)

351hog

another 007 predection has come and gone.  when will everyone learn to stop listening to them?  he does it to stir things up.

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 10, 2007, 03:26:05 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 03:21:54 pm

was there at least some small arms fire???? ;)

There was not even a cap gun.  Yet it got a 4 page thread going. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

porkchopscott

coachp

If there is no bomb I want some serious bannings.  I can no longer keep getting kicked in the balls after these so called bombshells.

donthaveone

Did i miss the BOMB here in Atlanta?

grayhawg

Guess it shows just how desperate everyone is huh. ???

grayhawg

If there is a bomb it won't be for 5 months or so.

Kendall

Where is this bomb supposed to drop at?   On the news tonight, press conference, hogville, or in the paper???   that is my question

hogsanity

There are about 3 people here that you should trust if you see a thread about a announcement.  The rest are like the goodyear blimp.............thin skin over a huge amount of gas.

351hog

that bomb you heard going off was the darksiders hopes and dreams of something big happening today.

coachp

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on August 10, 2007, 03:48:08 pm
I'm about to go drop a bomb, does that count.  I'll name it HDN

+1 if Karma was up

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorsharphawg

Quote from: coachp on August 10, 2007, 03:44:33 pm
If there is no bomb I want some serious bannings.  I can no longer keep getting kicked in the balls after these so called bombshells.

good luck on that...some of the Mods were egging it on this morning as well. 

rzrbckfan426

Mr. Prozac

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: 351hog on August 10, 2007, 03:27:45 pm
another 007 predection has come and gone.  when will everyone learn to stop listening to them?  he does it to stir things up.

I just report.  I don't create.  This "rumor" has been confirmed by several trustworthy sources.  Most posters would be surprised if suddenly everyone's real names were revealed.

Hogsanity starts minimizing before he even knows what is being released. Pre-emptive damage control?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Buck Brewer

August 10, 2007, 04:04:07 pm #146 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:06:34 pm by SherlockHog
YOu dropped a dud on me baby, you dropped a dud on me.

moses_007

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 03:48:19 pm
There are about 3 people here that you should trust if you see a thread about a announcement.  The rest are like the goodyear blimp.............thin skin over a huge amount of gas.

Hilarious.  +1

BW

Are these the same e-mails that were filed on the 8th....or are there new new e-mails?

PigWig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 04:02:30 pm
Quote from: 351hog on August 10, 2007, 03:27:45 pm

I just report.  I don't create.  This "rumor" has been confirmed by several trustworthy sources.  Most posters would be surprised if suddenly everyone's real names were revealed.

Hogsanity starts minimizing before he even knows what is being released. Pre-emptive damage control?
When you report, you create, and you are crazy to think otherwise.