Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you willing to wear black to the games this year as a protest of Nutt?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, May 27, 2007, 01:44:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I am willing to wear black as a protest of Nutt.

Yes
38 (61.3%)
No
24 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 01, 2007, 01:44:45 pm

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogfan064

hoghearted

I wouldn't be too sure. Wearing black would not be all that difficult to do, would not draw a whole lot of attention to yourself, and there are plenty of disgruntled fans who might be willing to forsake the razorback red, especially since the UA has marketed some black apparel.

It appears that the UA itself has no problem with providing apparel that is black.

This is not a 'religious' issue. There is nothing sacrosanct about wearing a particular color to the games, especially when the university is supplying razorback gear in alternative colors.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ksrazorback

NO...
What part of NO do you not understand,
This is the Razorbacks you would be going to see, not a funeral, not personal for HN and condemn HN on merits only.

Support the Razorbacks, leave the other stuff at home!!

:razorback:    Go Razorbacks ~ Go D-MAC    :razorback:     :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Smokehouse

I have to wear my band uniform, but there's some black on it so can I count that?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Justifiable Hogicide

No.

That buffoon Nutt has caused me enough grief already to let him make me dress like Johnny Cash for a football game.

Just leave Nutt.  Now.

:razorback:

Hogchick

Does anyone really want to wear black when it is 120 degrees?  :)

VBHOG

No.  Because I'd actually have to go to a game to do that.  Which means that I'd have to pay to get in.  Which means that I'd be giving money to an entity which has proved that they care nothing about integrity.

I'll be a fan by watching the games on TV and listening on the radio.  Feeling the way that I feel about Nutt and his lack of integrity, to give any money would be hypocritical.

Maybe I'll wear black at home.

Hollywood_HOGan45

sure i will to night games

but it would not draw much attention anyway

I've worn black Arkansas shirts to game in the past.

I like the black apparal. I wish the basketball team would sometimes have an alternate color. I think black background with red numbers look great.

hoghearted

While I personally like the look of red, white, and black, it is awfully close to 'that other' Arkansas team. ;)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Michaelt

The Razorbacks colors are Cardinal red and white. Have been as long as I can remember, and should continue to be.  :razorback:
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Proud Hog

No that is dumb.I will be there to support the team.I do not think some people wearing a black shirt is going to get rid of Nutt.But if you want to more power to you.

Ugly Uncle

I wore black to every game last year.  Even wearing the "forbidden" black shirt to a couple of games.

IF I were going back to games this year I would wear black again.  However, I am not going back until we are rid of HdN.
Retired Radio Host

PigPusher

No--we need to come up with a more mature approach to this subject.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hollywood_HOGan45

it might just be me, but i dont think wearing black to games is that big of a deal.

I have several black shirts with a razorback on it and have worn them to games in the past before houston nutt was even thought of around the UA

a "FIRE  NUTT" shirt would draw more attention

TorsinAHog

Probably the same 50 or so that showed up top the "protest" a few  months ago. Its easy to sit behind a computer and throw insults towards the man but to have to do it infront of the Fball crowd....
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Annax10

Quote from: Smokehouse on May 27, 2007, 02:04:14 pm
I have to wear my band uniform, but there's some black on it so can I count that?

tru dat.  I'm sure the color guard uniform will have black pants again.  So we're good. :P

VBHOG

Quote from: TorsinAHog on May 27, 2007, 02:57:58 pm
Probably the same 50 or so that showed up top the "protest" a few  months ago. Its easy to sit behind a computer and throw insults towards the man but to have to do it infront of the Fball crowd....

It would be just as easy at the game.  The majority of people in my section can't stand the man and they make it known verbally.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: VBHOG on May 27, 2007, 03:02:14 pm

It would be just as easy at the game.  The majority of people in my section can't stand the man and they make it known verbally.

So you have polled your section?  Its probably more correct to say the majority of loud mouths who sit near you are vocal in their displeasure of the man. :)
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

pigture perfect

Some of my best apparrel has black as the primary color. Besides, I have too much fun at the games to worry about protesting. I save that for after the game when I watch the highlights and stats.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hoghearted

Geez, some folks are pretty thin-skinned to give you a smite for that post. I thought it was pretty benign, myself. 1+ to help make up the difference.

gibby

I'm sure you are correct.  But those 50 or so "boo's" during the USC game sure were loud.

PIGINAPOKE

Free country...Wear friggin blue.. No law says you have to wear Red?

Look for the guy in stripes pickin trash up in sec 501 That is Testis.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?