Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok, Mods, Tell us what you know

Started by 007 License To Squeal, December 21, 2006, 07:11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

We know there is a secret grapevine for Mods here at Hogville.  What do you guys know about "da planes"?  Your silence this time speaks volumes.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

musiccityhog

I say so as well, otherwise it would be in the rumor forum.
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

PorcineSublime

They are all hiding in the secret "Mod Bunker" with untraceable land lines, searching for any incriminating pictures of Mal. They plan on blackmailing him into taking HDN.

Seriously guys, if Mods knew anything, others in the community would know, and we all know there are few secrets in the Broyles Center.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

LSUFan

If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

B Ray

Dwight_K_Shrute

Calm down.  The mods and admins are having their annual Festivus party in Fayetteville.  Mike Irwin won the feats of strenght, and Wilson is leading the airing of the grievances.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 21, 2006, 07:32:21 pm
Calm down.  The mods and admins are having their annual Festivus party in Fayetteville.  Mike Irwin won the feats of strenght, and Wilson is leading the airing of the grievances.
Festivus for the rest of us!!  And I just took the lead in "Airing of the Grivances".  But ABQ is looking good in that "Bro".

;D

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 21, 2006, 07:35:12 pm
Festivus for the rest of us!!  And I just took the lead in "Airing of the Grivances".  But ABQ is looking good in that "Bro".

;D
IT'S CALLED A MANZIER!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hogtropolis on December 21, 2006, 07:38:46 pm

;D
IT'S CALLED A MANZIER!

Mikeb is doing a dance ON the Festivus pole.  Not a pretty site.
Retired Radio Host

THROWITDEEP

BBQ

Quote from: musiccityhog on December 21, 2006, 07:12:57 pm
I say so as well, otherwise it would be in the rumor forum.

How many pages did it take for the Porkrindjimmy (who seems to be unavailable for comment) 48 hours thread to hit the rumor?

whatsshakinbacon

I can't speak for all the mods, but I think we are probably looking at legitimate business trip(s).

Don't know - much higher level of activity to/from Bama than I usually see.

Bacon out...

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 21, 2006, 08:16:19 pm
I can't speak for all the mods, but I think we are probably looking at legitimate business trip(s).

Bacon out...
All I can legitimately add is this:  Paul Bryant,Jr is on one of those planes.  Speculate away.

PulledPork

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 21, 2006, 08:53:19 pm

Bacon out...
All I can legitimately add is this:  Paul Bryant,Jr is on one of those planes.  Speculate away.
that's not good enough, what can you "illegitimately" add?

Pulled out...

RhodeHog

Are you serious?

arthurhawgerelli

Bacon out...

And, the plane spent yesterday in Austin, Texass.  Maybe he is after Stan Heath to be the next Bammer coach.

PulledPork

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on December 21, 2006, 08:55:25 pm

Bacon out...

And, the plane spent yesterday in Austin, Texass.  Maybe he is after Stan Heath to be the next Bammer coach.
if that's the case, we will throw in NumbNutts to sweeten the deal!!

Pulled out....

HouSwine

Sources near Rice University told me K.H. hadn't got done unpacking in Springdale when the plane arrived in Fayetteville from 'Bama.

football17

Bryant has a daughter who lives in Austin, so that's why he goes there occasionally....

stronguard

Paul Bryant Jr. is currently seeking the assistance of the REAL U of A's biochemistry and genetic development department.  They have a few hairs recovered from an old houndstooth that they would like cloned into the only head coach that will ever please the pink elephants.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

BigoBoys

Quote from: uglyuncle on December 21, 2006, 07:45:22 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis on December 21, 2006, 07:38:46 pm

;D
IT'S CALLED A MANZIER!

Mikeb is doing a dance ON the Festivus pole.  Not a pretty site.
I saw him dance at the M.O.A.T.  I feel your pain! 

Hawgz4Life

When you guys finish with the Festivus pole, I need it back...our church indoor volleyball league is having a tournament this weekend. Thanx

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on December 21, 2006, 10:11:16 pm
When you guys finish with the Festivus pole, I need it back...our church indoor volleyball league is having a tournament this weekend. Thanx
Will you need the Manzier back also?  If not, ABQ is going to "borrow" it just a wee bit longer...

HogFaninGA

The festivus episode was one of my favorites.  I  might break out my Seinfeld DVD's and watch that one again.

Footballref

You know HDN did cancel the second practice yesterday and also today's practice. You never know.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HogFaninGA on December 21, 2006, 10:15:26 pm
The festivus episode was one of my favorites.  I  might break out my Seinfeld DVD's and watch that one again.
+1
Already watched tonight after reading this thread!

Immensehog

Alabama is waiting on the NFL season to end to court Saban according to tonight's crew on the Vegas bowl.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Immensehog on December 21, 2006, 11:08:00 pm
Alabama is waiting on the NFL season to end to court Saban according to tonight's crew on the Vegas bowl.
Tonight's crew on the Vegas Bowl is blowing smoke.  Saban turned them down again today.

Immensehog

December 21, 2006, 11:13:48 pm #28 Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:15:31 pm by Immensehog
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 21, 2006, 11:12:20 pm
Tonight's crew on the Vegas Bowl is blowing smoke.  Saban turned them down again today.

Also mentioned Neuheisel (sp).

Edit:

It was Gruden they mentioned, I always get those guys intertwined.

ahogintexas

ESPN is passing a lot of bad info lately, seems they are quessing a lot lately...just sayin

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Immensehog on December 21, 2006, 11:13:48 pm

It is down to Nutt and Bowden from everything I'm hearing.  Saban ending speculation (again) today is what brought on the flurry of activity in NWA. 

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Immensehog on December 21, 2006, 11:13:48 pm

Edit:

It was Gruden they mentioned, I always get those guys intertwined.
I've seen that speculation on al.com.  Nowhere credible has reported it, and my friend in Bama swears HDN is the first choice.

AstroHawg

Wow HKS, you know you are putting your rep out on the line, rumor or not! 

Immensehog

Why HDN?

This is a critical hire for Bama.  They are teetering on falling from a top all-time program down to a 2nd rate (with us).

I think if they had it do over again right now, Shula would have been given another year.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: AstroHawg on December 21, 2006, 11:21:00 pm
Brutha, I've had it on the line regarding this since mid November.  All I'm doing is reporting the words I'm hearing.  My friend is well positioned to know this info, and that's all I have besides the constant little leaks that seem to back it up.  But he has been firm on this since before the LSU game.  I'm not trying to make anyone buy Bama tickets, just trying to share what I have.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Immensehog on December 21, 2006, 11:21:30 pm
Why HDN?

This is a critical hire for Bama.  They are teetering on falling from a top all-time program down to a 2nd rate (with us).

I think if they had it do over again right now, Shula would have been given another year.
He beats Auburn and Bama.  he is always competitive with LSU.  With the talent Alabama can pull in every year, his offense might just work.  It requires superior talent to be consistent, Bama can provide that if he recruits hard.  Finally, because he is the closest thing to a "Name" coach left.  Everyone else has said "NO!".

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Immensehog on December 21, 2006, 11:21:30 pm
Why HDN?

They've been 2nd rate (with us) for a long time.  Bama is now teetering on falling BELOW that.

AstroHawg

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 21, 2006, 11:26:25 pm
Brutha, I've had it on the line regarding this since mid November.  All I'm doing is reporting the words I'm hearing.  My friend is well positioned to know this info, and that's all I have besides the constant little leaks that seem to back it up.  But he has been firm on this since before the LSU game.  I'm not trying to make anyone buy Bama tickets, just trying to share what I have.

Plenty sufficient for me.  Fingers crossing now.

ConwayHog

Every time he turns them down they add 5 million bucks to the deal.  What are they up to now?  50 mil?

hardcorehogfan

has anybody thought, that if they can't find anybody but Nutt.  if he goes who in the heck are we going to be able to hire.  mommy use to say be careful what you wish for.  if bd was still available i would feel much better.

AstroHawg

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on December 22, 2006, 08:00:53 am
has anybody thought, that if they can't find anybody but Nutt.  if he goes who in the heck are we going to be able to hire.  mommy use to say be careful what you wish for.  if bd was still available i would feel much better.

I'd be willing to listen to what Frank had to offer.

razorback903

I thought this thread was intended to bring the Mods out of hiding.  Please help us.  You can't leave us unattended with our own thoughts.  There have already been too many Festivus references.  AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

idochog

Does anyone think JFB is being pressured to leave so that when HDN gets offer from Bama, JFB doesnt do something stupid to pull him off the plane?
I love Jesus!

EastexHawg

I'm not worried.  There are plenty of choices, all candidates I would consider an upgrade from Nutt:

Mike Stoops
Mike Leach
Steve Kragthorpe
Gus Malzahn
Craig T. Nelson
Yosemite Sam
Elmer Fudd
The guy who played the coach in "Heaven Can Wait" if he is still alive...or maybe even if he isn't

WPS!!!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 21, 2006, 07:11:06 pm
We know there is a secret grapevine for Mods here at Hogville.  What do you guys know about "da planes"?  Your silence this time speaks volumes.

Alright....alright....

Houston Nutt is leaving for Alabama on the Razorback Foundation plane, which is being piloted by D.B. Cooper.  Gus Malzahn is leaving for Florida State, but is traveling by donkey to escape detection.  Reggie Herring has resigned to pursue a career as a sensitivity trainer.

Arkansas will hold a press conference announcing the hiring of Gary "Peanut" Adams as the new Head Coach of the Razorbacks.  We anticipate that they will sign Mike Dubose, Bill Curry, Dave Rowe, Billy Brewer, and the corpse of Knute Rockne to the new staff.

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 22, 2006, 08:25:18 am

I'm not worried.  There are plenty of choices, all candidates I would consider an upgrade from Nutt:

Mike Stoops
Mike Leach
Steve Kragthorpe
Gus Malzahn
Craig T. Nelson
Yosemite Sam
Elmer Fudd
The guy who played the coach in "Heaven Can Wait" if he is still alive...or maybe even if he isn't

WPS!!!

I would give Kragthorpe a shot and be done with it.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 21, 2006, 11:26:25 pm
It's hilarious to watch people that are so wrapped up into believing something, or stated more correctly, WANTING to believe something so much that they throw common sense out the window and make themselves look silly.

1. You say your "friend" in Bama is in the know and has said that HDN is the guy for them and your friend has been "firm on this since before LSU". Well, if that's the case, why in the world has Bama offered the job to at least 3 other coaches thus far ( all done after LSU by the way) ???
Seems odd that you would fly around the country offering the job to other candidates just wasting time until "the guy" finally gets his offer. So obviously your friend, and yourself, have been wrong about this but yet you continue to "believe".

2. Do you really believe that if HDN was talking to them you would see the Bama plane come to Fayetteville ??? Come on, you can't be serious. To believe that is what really makes you look like you're grasping for straws.

Use some common sense. If HDN was"the man" as your great Bama contact has maintained since before LSU, he would have already been hired. And if they wanted to talk to him now, you would not see the Bama planes landing at Drake.

hogfan x

I would gladly take my chances. ;)
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

PorcineSublime

December 22, 2006, 09:09:16 am #48 Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 07:59:32 am by PorcineSublime
Quote from: idochog on December 22, 2006, 08:21:29 am
Does anyone think JFB is being pressured to leave so that when HDN gets offer from Bama, JFB doesnt do something stupid to pull him off the plane?
From the tone of his voice after that incident, my gut told me that he had no intention of pulling him off that plane. Someone else "talked" him into it. He has since become just as attached to him as the rest, but at that time he was thinking he had a shot at a new coach.(Again a gut feeling a the time from reading his demeanor). I don't think he would try to pull him off any plane at this point either. If nothing else, I think some of the PTB would lock him in a closet until Houston was gone.

As for us being able to get a new coach. I think our job is a little more attractive than the one in Tuscaloosa. If for no other reason than we tend to accept the occasional six win season, and dance in the streets with a ten win season. We do not have the same mentality as Bama or Miami fans. In a way that is kind of sad, but is is true for the most part.

BTW, most Mods are now at work. I am off today and in my pajamas. Since I am a mod with zero connections to big shots(except for here), I doubt you want me telling you any of my thoughts. ;)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

heinekenhary

Are you kiddin?  Half the hs coaches in this state are more football savvy than Dale and for sure have more integrity than Dale.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock