Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention

Started by BannerMountainMan, September 23, 2017, 03:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Attention: Switch over to Jump ball to see a real team play this winter

Also you can come chat with us anytime before the season starts!

Can't hold back on talking about basketball on The Out of Bounds show now
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dr. Starcs

Real team that's picked what 5th in the sec? Psh

BannerMountainMan

What is football gonna end up at? 14th
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jcharkansas

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 23, 2017, 03:16:41 pm
What is football gonna end up at? 14th
Probably, basketball hasn't been great either but it has been better than football

Beaverfever

Our basketball program is dead. 

theFlyingHog

If you think mmqb is bad then don't ever go into jump ball. Absolute shite show in there

Kevin

baseball begins in February
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BannerMountainMan

Basketball is dead?? 😂😂😂😂 what an idiot. These next 4 years Arkansas has a chance at being elite 8 each year LOL

Beaverfever

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 23, 2017, 03:19:37 pm
If you think mmqb is bad then don't ever go into jump ball. Absolute shite show in there
It seemed to chill out a lot when we embraced mediocrity.  Now it's just quiet and nobody really cares. 

Torqued pork

Basketball is due for another stretch of not making the dance and playing in that echo chamber.

hulk hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 23, 2017, 03:21:28 pm
Basketball is dead?? 😂😂😂😂 what an idiot. These next 4 years Arkansas has a chance at being elite 8 each year LOL

A team that can't play defense is not going to win in either sport. Right now we don't play defense in either sport.  At least the SEC is an elite conference in football so we have that as an excuse.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

RyeHogFan

How do we know things are really bad for our football program?
Arkansas fans are clamoring for basketball season before Kentucky is.

jethro

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 23, 2017, 03:21:28 pm

Each year?  I would place quite a wager that we are not elite 8 in each of the next four years.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 23, 2017, 03:18:41 pm

Making the tournament in 2 times, finishing 2nd in the SEC tournament and in the top 3 in the SEC regular season 2 in our last 3 season and poised for our best year yet is a dead program?  I'd like to see what our SEC record is since CMA has been here and how that ranks against other schools.  Probably top 3. 

HoopS

They know the truth. This program is building momentum but they don't want to admit it. Arkansas fans. And mad that this program is starting to shape up like we wanted. 26 wins last year and 27 a couple seasons ago. Yet they say it's dead. It should tell you all you need to know about the posters who say that. Ignore them and enjoy the season!

daprospecta

Quote from: HoopS on September 23, 2017, 05:04:28 pm
They know the truth. This program is building momentum but they don't want to admit it. Arkansas fans. And mad that this program is starting to shape up like we wanted. 26 wins last year and 27 a couple seasons ago. Yet they say it's dead. It should tell you all you need to know about the posters who say that. Ignore them and enjoy the season!
Right.  We have 4* and 5* recruits considering us and SIGNING with us.  They are taking notice, why can't our salty fans?  I can't wait for the season.  I love my football hogs but I'm tired of watching losses.  To anyone reading this, don't let your dismay for the football team spillover here.   

HoopS

They can't see it for their own egos are in the way.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 23, 2017, 03:07:19 pm
Real team that's picked what 5th in the sec? Psh
we're always picked like 5th or so.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

rzrbackramsfan

I'd love for the Hogs to be the fifth best team in the SEC right now in football, btw. 

Slater

Quote from: jcharkansas on September 23, 2017, 03:18:16 pm
Probably, basketball hasn't been great either but it has been better than football

Have won 70 games last three seasons, good grief the negativity is insane
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Slater

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 23, 2017, 03:18:41 pm

😅 Certainly accurate statement, coming off NCAA tourney season, some stud recruits headed our way and freakish athletes. That is the sign of a dead program.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

masondh

Fan701

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 23, 2017, 04:42:51 pm
Making the tournament in 2 times, finishing 2nd in the SEC tournament and in the top 3 in the SEC regular season 2 in our last 3 season and poised for our best year yet is a dead program?  I'd like to see what our SEC record is since CMA has been here and how that ranks against other schools.  Probably top 3.
You are right on target.  Since the conference expanded to 14 teams in 2012, only Kentucky and Florida have won more conference basketball games than Arkansas.  Over the past three years only Kentucky has won more conference games than Arkansas.  This year's team might be Anderson's best, but only those who pay close attention to what's going on in Arkansas basketball know that.

farmhawg

Quote from: HoopS on September 23, 2017, 05:43:58 pm
They can't see it for their own egos are in the way.
Black and white, all you need to know.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dominicanhog

I think it's 2nd... could be 3rd.. but haters will say but the SEC...

Dr. Starcs

Get back with me when we actually make a sweet 16. How long has that been?

And for the record our football program is a dumpster fire, but to act as if our basketball program is some powerhouse is ridiculous.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 23, 2017, 07:59:57 pm

And for the record our football program is a dumpster fire, but to act as if our basketball program is some powerhouse is ridiculous.
Powerhouse? Maybe not. But I will be shocked if we don't make the sweet 16 this year.

HoopS

There's hope. Tending the right direction. Seems obvious.

JayHog

The difference right now in the two sports come down to two things: trending and hope.
Football is trending down and hope is gone.
Basketball is trending up and there is tons of hope, especially with top 10 classes on the way.

HoopS

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: JayHog on September 23, 2017, 08:39:39 pm
The difference right now in the two sports come down to two things: trending and hope.
Football is trending down and hope is gone.
Basketball is trending up and there is tons of hope, especially with top 10 classes on the way.

I can agree with that. We still need a sweet 16 though in the near future.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 23, 2017, 09:23:24 pm

Anybody that knows about college bball will tell you that the most important part about getting to sweet 16's is being in the tournament every year.  We had a sweet 16 team last year, just didn't get the right draw.  if CMA can keep us in the top 4 in the sec and in the NCAA regularly, we will eventually get to the sweet 16nand much more.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 23, 2017, 09:23:24 pm
And my avatar is hotter than your avatar.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Kevin on September 23, 2017, 03:20:16 pm
baseball begins in February

But your tired negativity is year round.

Dr. Starcs

azhog10

Top 2, behind Kentucky.

azhog10

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 24, 2017, 12:14:58 pm
But your tired negativity is year round.
Its okay, he [CENSORED] come Feb about baseball and DVH. Everyone over there gets tired of him too.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on September 23, 2017, 05:40:45 pm
Right.  We have 4* and 5* recruits considering us and SIGNING with us.  They are taking notice, why can't our salty fans?  I can't wait for the season.  I love my football hogs but I'm tired of watching losses.  To anyone reading this, don't let your dismay for the football team spillover here.

This thread was started in MMQB shortly after yesterday's game by the OP in another troll attempt.  Mod moved it to JB. 

I agree. Keep the discussions separate.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

The idiocy and projection going on in here is absurd.  People are letting their disappointment with FB project onto BB and underrate what they have done and what they will do.  The floor of the BB team at this point is much higher as is the ceiling.  If you can't realize that you are just a miserable ignorant ass period and need to find another outlet for your self loathing.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 24, 2017, 04:03:48 pm
The idiocy and projection going on in here is absurd.  People are letting their disappointment with FB project onto BB and underrate what they have done and what they will do.  The floor of the BB team at this point is much higher as is the ceiling.  If you can't realize that you are just a miserable ignorant ass period and need to find another outlet for your self loathing.

In here was MMQB where the thread started.  It's the reaction the OP wanted.  Good job keeping it going. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BannerMountainMan

Hey I was trying to invite guys to Jump Ball since football is trash 😉

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 24, 2017, 04:07:10 pm
In here was MMQB where the thread started.  It's the reaction the OP wanted.  Good job keeping it going.

Lol. Football must truly be over. All the "realists" are beginning to pop up over here.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 24, 2017, 04:25:09 pm
Lol. Football must truly be over. All the "realists" are beginning to pop up over here.

No. Lol.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HoopS on September 23, 2017, 05:04:28 pm
Hogs up! Covid down!

daprospecta

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 24, 2017, 04:10:34 pm
Hey I was trying to invite guys to Jump Ball since football is trash 😉
I wouldn't say trash.  I saw players give their all yesterday. I think they are being guided by a coaching staff that is not and will not work here.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 24, 2017, 04:07:10 pm
Hows CBB doing for ya? You've always been happier with his performance and disappointed with CMA.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on September 24, 2017, 06:40:31 pm
Hows CBB doing for ya? You've always been happier with his performance and disappointed with CMA.

CBB is failing. We've lost 4 out of 5 in differing miserable fashion.  This doesn't include the AU game.   He has been given his time and it isn't working. 

Not true. What I've done is treat the two SEPARATELY because the two situations are different.

CMA has finally got going in the right direction.  Building a team that can play how he wants.  Should have a good team which makes the NCAAT again. 

cityhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 23, 2017, 07:59:57 pm

21 years. But who's counting?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: daprospecta on September 23, 2017, 05:40:45 pm

Hodor! Hodor! Hold the door!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.