Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Martin

Started by Hogdomer, October 03, 2017, 10:18:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

ricepig

Currently on the sidelines.

onebadrubi

Hamstring and groins take a while to come back from.  If he is rushed it will linger all year.  Hopefully they are gradually bringing him along and he can really jump in full swing the back half of the season. 

TexasRazorback

I had high hopes that Martin as the #1 Juco WR would come in and deliver. I have been completely wrong, seems like hes having trouble getting ahold of the system and being prepared. Nance has been a great addition so far

onebadrubi

Quote from: TexasRazorback on October 03, 2017, 10:34:53 am
I had high hopes that Martin as the #1 Juco WR would come in and deliver. I have been completely wrong, seems like hes having trouble getting ahold of the system and being prepared. Nance has been a great addition so far

He pulled his hamstring very early on.  If you can't practice it makes it very hard to learn, if you can't put routes on game tape, it also makes it very hard to learn.  Don't be so down on him yet, he has AMPLE time to impress.

Don't we have him for 3 years?

EDIT:  Just checked, we do have him for two more years after this one assuming early draft or attrition. 

Sho Nuff

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 03, 2017, 10:29:37 am
Hamstring and groins take a while to come back from.  If he is rushed it will linger all year.  Hopefully they are gradually bringing him along and he can really jump in full swing the back half of the season.
It would be nice to have a weapon like he is supposed to be on the field.  I've been very impressed with Nance thus far.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 03, 2017, 11:22:52 am
It would be nice to have a weapon like he is supposed to be on the field.  I've been very impressed with Nance thus far.

I agree, we need that dynamic outside guy that allows the Hammonds and stewarts guys to play slot and inside receivers. 

factchecker

October 03, 2017, 11:38:38 am #7 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:28:11 pm by factchecker
Martin has plenty of time to get things straight.  He has been dealing with small but lingering injuries since he's been here.

The one thing I find interesting is that a couple of our recruiting experts were talking down on Nance claiming we only offered him to get Martin.  Funny how things work out with Nance being the most productive receiver on our team this season.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

daBoar

Quote from: factchecker on October 03, 2017, 11:38:38 am
The one thing I find interesting is that a couple of our recruiting experts were talking down on Nance claiming we only offered him to get Martin.  Funny how things work out with Nance being the most productive receiver on our team this season.

Great find.  First year guy for the Hogs, too.  That's getting minimum pub elsewhere.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2017, 10:21:29 am
Currently on the sidelines.

Probably in the dorm right now actually.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 03, 2017, 08:03:47 pm
Well let's hope so.

this isn't the Louisville basketball team. well.....actually.......Even if it were, he would still be in the dorm, with 5 strippers.
This is my non-signature signature.

presidenthog

Quote from: factchecker on October 03, 2017, 11:38:38 am
Martin has plenty of time to get things straight.  He has been dealing with small but lingering injuries since he's been here.

Wish we could have gotten tyrie Cleveland.

Also I had watched nance's film even in high school. I actually like what I had seen from him. I thought he was a good pick up.

downsouthhawg72

It was his Hamstring and groins.... Now it's his Hamstring, groins & knuckles!!!! It's redshirt time....  :)...But on the serious side. I would to see what he could bring us on the field...... Waiting on that time to come.... Him, Nance & Jones could be a really good WR Combo!!!
DownSouthHawg

Hogdomer

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on October 03, 2017, 08:35:31 pm
It was his Hamstring and groins.... Now it's his Hamstring, groins & knuckles!!!! It's redshirt time....  :)...But on the serious side. I would to see what he could bring us on the field...... Waiting on that time to come.... Him, Nance & Jones could be a really good WR Combo!!!

He can't redshirt.  He played against Florida A&M.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 03, 2017, 10:33:28 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought redshirt status qualification depended on # of snaps, not whether or not a guy played in a game. Also, I think he can apply for a medical hardship if the hamstring "lingers". No doubt the guy is a freak athlete. I agree that we should slowly bring him back and make sure his injury is completely healed, get him into shape (I thought I heard he was carrying extra weight that was slowing him down), have him learn the playbook and he'll be a weapon once he returns.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hogdomer

Quote from: FraggleHog on October 05, 2017, 01:15:01 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought redshirt status qualification depended on # of snaps, not whether or not a guy played in a game. Also, I think he can apply for a medical hardship if the hamstring "lingers". No doubt the guy is a freak athlete. I agree that we should slowly bring him back and make sure his injury is completely healed, get him into shape (I thought I heard he was carrying extra weight that was slowing him down), have him learn the playbook and he'll be a weapon once he returns.

You can't redshirt if you play even one play.  You may be able to get a medical hardship depending on several factors.  One of them is that the injury has to keep you out the entire season.  Even though hamstring injuries linger, I don't think he would meet that criterion.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 03, 2017, 10:33:28 pm

He can't redshirt because he did in JUCO, he has three years to play.

bennyl08

He can't redshirt because just isn't his color. Gross.

(cardinal otoh)
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rzrbkman

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2017, 01:22:34 pm
He can't redshirt because he did in JUCO, he has three years to play.

He can still petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility if he is unable to play anymore this season.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 05, 2017, 03:57:34 pm
He can still petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility if he is unable to play anymore this season.

After his 5th season, I doubt he pulls a KW and gets tenure here.