Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hire Joe Klein

Started by elksnort, March 11, 2009, 10:11:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

From every account, a hell of a guy. He knows basketball and has NBA connections. Even though he is maybe a nice guy, I bet he would not put up with any bs, and probably try to recruit less marginal character guys.

Could he recruit?

Its Kleine. I don't think he would leave LR.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Karma on March 11, 2009, 10:12:13 pm

He wouldn't.

elksnort

Quote from: Karma on March 11, 2009, 10:12:13 pm

Not to be HC of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks?

Little Rock is very close by plane.

I assumed he meant asst. He's never been a HC on any level.

elksnort

Pelphrey has and we were 2-14 this year in the conference.

dunnhead

If he wasn't a local b-ball celeb would you want him as your head coach?

elksnort

Good answer/question.

He knows basketball. He knows Arkansas. He knows people around the country. Does he know how to handle young men?

(Please understand what I meant by the last statement, I kind of does not sound to good.)

want2be

I think Corliss would be a better fit as an assistant. He can relate to these players in a different way than Joe and would help in mentoring, coaching the bigs, and would develop into a good-great recruiter.

Also bring in James Dickey as an assistant who is a great recruiter with allot of Ark tie.

Wild Bill Hog

If you want to try and recreate the recruiting effort we had during the glory years, bring in Scott Edgar as an Asst.  He's the one that delivered the Memphis recruits for NR's teams.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 12, 2009, 10:14:07 am
If you want to try and recreate the recruiting effort we had during the glory years, bring in Scott Edgar as an Asst.  He's the one that delivered the Memphis recruits for NR's teams.
Yeah I don't think Scott Edgar is going to be coaching anywhere any time soon.  He was suspended at SEMO before the beginning of the season for alleged NCAA rules violations.  He has since been let go and replaced by a favorite son.  With our recent problems with the NCAA I don't think we would touch him with a 10ft pole.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=113193.23421.125276&spID=5
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: want2be on March 12, 2009, 09:47:39 am

I think Corliss would be a better fit as an assistant. He can relate to these players in a different way than Joe and would help in mentoring, coaching the bigs, and would develop into a good-great recruiter.

Also bring in James Dickey as an assistant who is a great recruiter with allot of Ark tie.

I think the players would relate better and respect Corliss more than they would big Joe
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 12, 2009, 10:25:18 am
Yeah I don't think Scott Edgar is going to be coaching anywhere any time soon.  He was suspended at SEMO before the beginning of the season for alleged NCAA rules violations.  He has since been let go and replaced by a favorite son.  With our recent problems with the NCAA I don't think we would touch him with a 10ft pole.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=113193.23421.125276&spID=5

I knew he was placed on administrative leave, but did not know he had been fired.  I imagine you are correct with reference to our not wanting to hire him; however, the dude has the connections to recruit top talent.

Biggus Piggus

Darrell Hawkins, TJ Cleveland, Joe Kleine all excellent, though I doubt Kleine would add much in recruiting.
[CENSORED]!