Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's the thing.

Started by PoormansRobbyHampton, March 11, 2009, 09:39:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoormansRobbyHampton

I've heard a lot of rumors, some may be true, some may not be. At this point in time, a fake rumor is just as damaging as a rumor that proves to be true.

Think about it, if Billy Donovan is recruiting right now, Florida is already an easy sale, but what if a kid says "It's down to Florida and Arkansas".

If I'm Billy D., I'm spinning like a madman. "Arkansas, really? Well, last I heard, most of their class was transferring, one kid's been suspended twice, one kid once, another kid was kicked off. But hey, yeah, Arkansas, good call".

I'm not coming down on anyone posting rumors here, most of them are interesting, besides who's gonna take a bunch of anonymous people on a message board seriously? But a lot of times where there's smoke there's fire, and at this point, since we've had so much trouble, more people may be prone to believe it.

BigSexyHog

Dude our program is pitaful to start with right now.  Pel can't cut it and he has lost all control over this team.  He is going to protect his buddy's and continue to drive this program into deeper waters.

Our only hope is Long sees the light and cleans house in the next week or so.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

elksnort

Do you think that Billy Donovan would put a knife in the back of John Pelphrey?

stats33

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 11, 2009, 09:42:07 pm
Dude our program is pitaful to start with right now.  Pel can't cut it and he has lost all control over this team.  He is going to protect his buddy's and continue to drive this program into deeper waters.

Our only hope is Long sees the light and cleans house in the next week or so.
.......and runs to his old school and gets Jamie Dixon?

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: elksnort on March 11, 2009, 09:45:01 pm
Do you think that Billy Donovan would put a knife in the back of John Pelphrey?

In theory, no. First of all, I don't see why a recruit would even have a decision to make if it's down to Florida and Arkansas now, it's a slam dunk.

But let's just say that there is one. If you want the kid, you do whatever it takes to get an edge. I would expect no less, I would expect Pelphrey to do the same.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: stats33 on March 11, 2009, 09:46:06 pm

God, don't tease me.

Poker_hog

Losing a head to head recruiting battle with Florida would be a step in the right direction.  Lately we have been losing recruits to Texas A&M and Baylor.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

elksnort

Why is the phrase 'sh8tcanned' funny? I mean just funny how it sounds.

Say it to your self, "Shi(canned"!

It's a great crude phrase.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on March 11, 2009, 09:39:00 pm
I've heard a lot of rumors, some may be true, some may not be. At this point in time, a fake rumor is just as damaging as a rumor that proves to be true.

Think about it, if Billy Donovan is recruiting right now, Florida is already an easy sale, but what if a kid says "It's down to Florida and Arkansas".

If I'm Billy D., I'm spinning like a madman. "Arkansas, really? Well, last I heard, most of their class was transferring, one kid's been suspended twice, one kid once, another kid was kicked off. But hey, yeah, Arkansas, good call".

I'm not coming down on anyone posting rumors here, most of them are interesting, besides who's gonna take a bunch of anonymous people on a message board seriously? But a lot of times where there's smoke there's fire, and at this point, since we've had so much trouble, more people may be prone to believe it.
Fla doesn't have to say all of that. All Donovan has to say is this: "Ark is 2-14 this year in SEC. That program has won one NCAAT game in last 10 years. Fla has won 2 NC's in last 5."
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 11, 2009, 10:01:28 pm
Fla doesn't have to say all of that. All Donovan has to say is this: "Ark is 2-14 this year in SEC. That program has won one NCAAT game in last 10 years. Fla has won 2 NC's in last 5."

Agreed, Florida was a bad example. Texas A&M then. If it's down to those two marginal teams, the A&M coach would just have to play this card and make us look worse than we are.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 11, 2009, 10:01:28 pm

Get real.  All Donovan has to say is "Florida".

woodhog14

Quote from: stats33 on March 11, 2009, 09:46:06 pm

Long didn't hire Jamie Dixon. He was hired by the AD before Long was there.