Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When does spring signing period end and

Started by RazorHawg16, March 11, 2009, 08:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

Porkatarian

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 11, 2009, 08:52:12 pm
How many more players MAX can we sign?

How many players do we have committed for the late signing period?  Remember, Tom Ostrum is one of the top 5 assistant coaches in the country.   Pel said so himself during an interview on Monday.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Hogbody

a) it hasnt started yet has it?
b) we can sign as 13

RazorHawg16

We can sign 2 maybe 3 this spring right?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 08:53:30 pm
How many players do we have committed for the late signing period?  Remember, Tom Ostrum is one of the top 5 assistant coaches in the country.   Pel said so himself during an interview on Monday.

Porkatarian out...
If it was not so sad, it would be funny. what world is Pel living in?

Hogeyeblind

Hell, Tom Ostrum even held court today with the DTS guys...

ruarealhogfan

By my count we have 9 not counting Cox, Noland & Mason...We have 3 coming in-Powell, Farmer & Borden, so if cox's schollie is lifted that leaves us signing 1 + any to cover anyone leaving the team.  Correct me if I'm wrong...

Pork, I would like to know why you were so high on all 3 of these guys back when Pel signed them & now act like they won't help us at all next season. 

Buck Brewer

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 08:53:30 pm
How many players do we have committed for the late signing period?  Remember, Tom Ostrum is one of the top 5 assistant coaches in the country.   Pel said so himself during an interview on Monday.

Porkatarian out...

They are on lots of players, you just haven't heard about them yet 8)

Porkatarian

I think Farmer is a nice player who will help us next season.

Powell will make a major impact IF he qualifies, which isn't likely dispite what's being reported.

Borden is a project with high upside. 

This thread is about the late signing period and not the early period.

Porkatarian out...

ruarealhogfan

I know what the thread is about, but who makes it & who can help us & who can't & all that will determine how many players will need to be signed in the late signing period. Thanks for the response.

Porkatarian

Don't forget about player defections.  Its going to happen. 
Pel better sign a couple of difference makers during the late signing period.  Pickett and Armstead aren't coming.  It may be time to go after Jenerro Bush.

Porkatarian out...

HogBreath

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 11:19:22 pm
Don't forget about player defections.  Its going to happen. 
Pel better sign a couple of difference makers during the late signing period.  Pickett and Armstead aren't coming.  It may be time to go after Jenerro Bush.

Porkatarian out...
Is it possible we may not have a team next season? 

Or can we get more guys off the golf team? 

Maybe the tennis team?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

klp1

R. Clarke, according to Jacksonhog, has called Tulsa about a potential transfer.

mellonhead

Tomhog™

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 11, 2009, 11:16:13 pm
I know what the thread is about, but who makes it & who can help us & who can't & all that will determine how many players will need to be signed in the late signing period. Thanks for the response.

Jemal Farmer likely the only one next year that helps.

Tomhog™

Technically can only sign 1, but with potential transfers and quitters, might as well sign 2-3.  BUT, who is out there left worthy of an SEC offer?  It's too late for 2009.  What a wasted year.

sirhog

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 11:19:22 pm
Pickett and Armstead aren't coming. 

Porkatarian out...

Dang. I was hoping Armstead would come and maybe we could eliminate our PG problems.