Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another bad review of Pel

Started by All_Hogs, March 10, 2009, 06:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

All_Hogs

Just his opinion of SEC coaches this year

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090310/UPDATES02/90310005/1095/SPORTS11

'Pelphrey may be one of those coaches with better connections – Pitino and Donovan – than ability.'  Ouch !

N HOG

Quote from: ddean5 on March 10, 2009, 06:40:42 pm
Just his opinion of SEC coaches this year

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090310/UPDATES02/90310005/1095/SPORTS11

'Pelphrey may be one of those coaches with better connections – Pitino and Donovan – than ability.'  Ouch !

Ouch indeed. Ranked worst coach in the SEC at the school with the second-best basketball tradition in the conference.

And the writer also debunks another Pel myth -- that he came in to "rebuild" the program. As noted, Stan was 43-24 and 17-15 in conference in his last two years.

forrest city joe

Quote from: N HOG on March 10, 2009, 06:51:26 pm
Ouch indeed. Ranked worst coach in the SEC at the school with the second-best basketball tradition in the conference.

And the writer also debunks another Pel myth -- that he came in to "rebuild" the program. As noted, Stan was 43-24 and 17-15 in conference in his last two years.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

WBChogfan

Come on guys, don't you know that we have to give him 20 years?

forrest city joe

Quote from: WBChogfan on March 10, 2009, 07:02:33 pm
It is really sad.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: WBChogfan on March 10, 2009, 07:02:33 pm

Only if you think we are Rip Van Winkle. . .;)
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

forrest city joe

The bottom line is people can see. this team is not any better. in fact, i think it's a worse team than it was 2 months ago.the guy who wrote this ranking on Pel is spot on!

donewithdale

March 10, 2009, 07:41:51 pm #7 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:45:07 pm by donewithdale
Pearl at 2 is a joke but not surprising as Pearl is good of a salesman to the media as Nutt. 

Fair at this point with Pel.  But to say he didn't get a rebuilding project is stupid and agenda driven.  Replacing 6 sr's and Beverley plus having to deal with what scared Altman off is a massive rebuild.  Heath left a good foundation as far as players who could be good enough on the court to win for year 1 and gave Pel momentum to get started on the rebuild.  But no denying it was and still is going to be a rebuild.

rzrbackrob

Another writer that has no clue of the situation that Pel inherited.

How many of these articles did we have to read about Petrino until he made them a believer this recruiting season.
Good is the enemy of great

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 10, 2009, 06:57:48 pm
Sometimes the truth hurts.

This same writer ranked Bobby Petrino 11th out of the 12 coaches in the SEC.

Oliver

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 10, 2009, 07:53:41 pm
This same writer ranked Bobby Petrino 11th out of the 12 coaches in the SEC.

Was that before Bobby Petrino coached his first game in the SEC?

TNhawgfan

"Pelphrey may have better connections than ability." That about sums it up at this point.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Iceman

He was brought in to take this program to another level.....

....well, he has sure done that.

donewithdale

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 10, 2009, 08:09:37 pm
He was brought in to take this program to another level.....

....well, he has sure done that.

Heath was fired so that Billy Gillespie could take our program to the next level or at least that is what many of the fat cats thought.  Then Broyles falls into a proven experienced head coach but he ran away in less than 24 hours as he is no longer suited for a public university's program like ours.  Pel is someone they could sell to our fan base and could reasonably explain due to his Pitino, Sutton and Donovan connections and we hoped for the best.

mhuff

You know it is easy to sit on the sidelines and talk about how bad Pel is. I want to know how well anyone would coach when the guts of your team has been ripped out. Look how many players did not make it to the Hill or left once they got here. Plus your point guard has to be a better leader and example than he has been. Henry has constantly been in trouble for whatever reasons. There has to be an accountability when they break team rules. The tail can not wag the dog here,and we have to support Pel. He is our coach ,and this administration has to support him or we have the wrong administration. No coach or player will come to the Hill if we make the wrong choice here.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: N HOG on March 10, 2009, 06:51:26 pm

The Louisiana writer nor yourself have a clue...I guess you have to replace 10 players instead of JUST 9 to qualify as a "rebuild"...That's just dumb!

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 10, 2009, 07:24:18 pm
The bottom line is people can see. this team is not any better. in fact, i think it's a worse team than it was 2 months ago.the guy who wrote this ranking on Pel is spot on!

Aren't you the guy who was saying how good this team was 2 months ago? How Pel was the right guy? You said alot more than that, anyway what's sad is people not being able to handle adversity with a little class!!!

Marshfieldhog

Its not the rebuilding project, its the off the court mess, pel is recruiting some poor citizens and he can't control them. Its out of control.

Tomhog™

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 11, 2009, 03:07:54 am
Aren't you the guy who was saying how good this team was 2 months ago? How Pel was the right guy? You said alot more than that, anyway what's sad is people not being able to handle adversity with a little class!!!

It's a simple fact: as long as you are winning, you don't care so much about other things.  But once the team stopped winning, the other things became salt in the wound.  If they went 10-6 in conference this year, who cares how many players were suspended?  In fact, this article would not have even been written nor this thread started.

UAfan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 11, 2009, 07:31:39 am
It's a simple fact: as long as you are winning, you don't care so much about other things.  But once the team stopped winning, the other things became salt in the wound.  If they went 10-6 in conference this year, who cares how many players were suspended?  In fact, this article would not have even been written nor this thread started.
Bingo.  I don't hold much validity to this article.  Horn is not top 5.  Lebo has abunch of athletic seniors.  If anything Kennedy is in my top 5.

The Hogfather

If this article was written after last year, Pelphrey would've been much, much higher.

lovetthog1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 11, 2009, 07:47:15 am
If this article was written after last year, Pelphrey would've been much, much higher.

If if if if if if if if if if if if

All_Hogs

That's the point of his review.  Last year I think Pel accomplished what was expected.  This year not so much.  I think everyone here hopes (expects) him to over-achieve to make up for this year.

3kgthog

+1 to those that feel having high character players is the biggest, and most important, step in rebuilding this program. It's a slap in the face to classy guys like Corliss when our current players treat being a Razorback as their own "Do what I want" badge. I'm ashamed and embarrassed at what being a Razorback has become.