Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by Richard Davenport, July 05, 2016, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 09, 2016, 08:57:26 am
When I read "sheep", I thought this was the political forum....
Better not be I have imposed a self-induced bant from that forum after the garbage in that place this week!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 09, 2016, 12:55:03 pm
Better not be I have imposed a self-induced bant from that forum after the garbage in that place this week!

I saw that. Wise choice.

Back to Brown, db is Saban's specialty so his pitch is solid.  Rhodes and company need to keep up the hard sell.  This kid is a game changer on the back end.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 09, 2016, 11:46:51 am
He won't. The lights are now on in the kitchen...and he scurried off.

Lol. Try to stay in topic. Montaric Brown, in case you wanted to chime in

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 09, 2016, 10:17:49 am
I can certainly see how you'd interpret him saying positive things and "I'll probably take an official up there" as not being shocked if he doesn't.  Sounds legit.
It was really a couple of non-commital type phrases such as "I'm keeping them in mind" and "I'm probably going to end up taking an official there".  Combine that with the word out there that he is an LSU lean and our recuiting history and it wouldn't shock me at all if he never makes it up for an official. Again though, hopefully I'm wrong.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 09, 2016, 01:48:33 pm
It was really a couple of non-commital type phrases such as "I'm keeping them in mind" and "I'm probably going to end up taking an official there".  Combine that with the word out there that he is an LSU lean and our recuiting history and it wouldn't shock me at all if he never makes it up for an official. Again though, hopefully I'm wrong.
Yeah, there's a first time for everything.

The_Boot_stops_here

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 09, 2016, 01:40:22 pm
Lol. Try to stay in topic. Montaric Brown, in case you wanted to chime in

Lights must have been turned off again...

Brown will commit to Arkansas.

On topic enough....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 09, 2016, 03:06:47 pm
Lights must have been turned off again...

Brown will commit to Arkansas.

On topic enough....

While I have no idea why you have such an apparent fetish with "lights", I agree that Brown will be a Hog. Of course, I've stated that many times and said nothing to the contrary.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 09, 2016, 03:13:49 pm
While I have no idea why you have such an apparent fetish with "lights", I agree that Brown will be a Hog. Of course, I've stated that many times and said nothing to the contrary.

You said fetish.....hehehehehehe

The_Boot_stops_here

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 09, 2016, 10:17:49 am
I can certainly see how you'd interpret him saying positive things and "I'll probably take an official up there" as not being shocked if he doesn't.  Sounds legit.
because he released his top 2 today of ole piss and lsu
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Tyro3

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 09, 2016, 05:48:22 pm

If this is true then the pi**ing contest can finally come to a stop.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Tyro3 on July 09, 2016, 05:55:31 pm
If this is true then the pi**ing contest can finally come to a stop.

The only folks pi**ing are those that continually bark at the moon.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Boot_stops_here

Had no idea. That's disappointing

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 09, 2016, 06:04:48 pm
Had no idea. That's disappointing

Still possible for a visit, but getting a DB that LSU wants was a bigger long shot than Trump getting the Rep nomination back in 2015......

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on July 09, 2016, 06:34:54 pm
Still possible for a visit, but getting a DB that LSU wants was a bigger long shot than Trump getting the Rep nomination back in 2015......

So you are saying there is still a chance?!

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 09, 2016, 07:41:48 pm
So you are saying there is still a chance?!

Yep, the fat lady hasn't sung yet!

Polecat

Link?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ricepig

hogsfan31

Will be interesting to see what happens here. 4 star DB Xavier McKinney decommitted from Bama today and will likely commit to Georgia since he committed while Kirby Smart was there. Will not be surprised to see a push for Montaric to commit to Bama.

bigdaddyhawg

How ya gonna keep em down on the farm once they've seen Pari'?

The bright lights of all these programs that ESPN is constantly pimping gets in these Arkansas kids' eyes every once in a while, and they believe the barnyard bull stuff they're being fed.

Being an AA at S at LSU or Bama?  Meh?  They've got a hundred of them.

Being an AA at S at your home state Arkansas? Set for life.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 14, 2016, 02:40:40 pm
How ya gonna keep em down on the farm once they've seen Pari'?

The bright lights of all these programs that ESPN is constantly pimping gets in these Arkansas kids' eyes every once in a while, and they believe the barnyard bull stuff they're being fed.

Being an AA at S at LSU or Bama?  Meh?  They've got a hundred of them.

Being an AA at S at your home state Arkansas? Set for life.
imo it was good news for us that he postponed his announcement. I think he was about to commit to Bama.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Polecat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 14, 2016, 03:28:47 pm
imo it was good news for us that he postponed his announcement. I think he was about to commit to Bama.

The DL from Har-Ber who went to Bama. Josh something. Has he cracked the 2-deep yet. Just curious
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

greenie

Quote from: Polecat on July 14, 2016, 04:00:58 pm
The DL from Har-Ber who went to Bama. Josh something. Has he cracked the 2-deep yet. Just curious

That's Josh Frazier.  He hasn't played much yet, but looks like he may be in the 2-deep at NG this year.

FWIW: http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/alabama/89923

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: greenie on July 14, 2016, 04:49:15 pm
That's Josh Frazier.  He hasn't played much yet, but looks like he may be in the 2-deep at NG this year.

FWIW: http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/alabama/89923
he is behind a sophmore, tho :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Polecat on July 14, 2016, 04:00:58 pm

Another 7a west bust.

spurrr

And before that was a 7A central bust.
I don't consider being on Bama's 2 deep a bust.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: spurrr on July 14, 2016, 08:32:52 pm
And before that was a 7A central bust.
I don't consider being on Bama's 2 deep a bust.

I won't call a player a bust until after his career is over as I have seen numerous players break out in their final season.

But the kid has 5 career tackles to this point. If his doesn't show significant improvement he will be a bust.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 14, 2016, 08:39:34 pm
I won't call a player a bust until after his career is over as I have seen numerous players break out in their final season.

But the kid has 5 career tackles to this point. If his doesn't show significant improvement he will be a bust.

Likely could have been an impact player here as we don't have nearly the talent that Bama does. Shame. Gotta live with the decisions you make I suppose

JIHawg

I think he would be 2nd team at best here, maybe 3rd team.

mhuff

What's wrong with that senario?

a0ashle

Just to put it into perspective... Bijhon Jackson is working on breaking out here too. Those two were a close #1 and #2 at the same position in the same year.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: a0ashle on July 15, 2016, 09:10:43 am
Just to put it into perspective... Bijhon Jackson is working on breaking out here too. Those two were a close #1 and #2 at the same position in the same year.

Jackson has certainly underachieved.

redleg

Bijhon Jackson is 2nd team noseguard behind senior Taiwan Johnson, and will most likely start at NG next year.
The two-deep on the inside of Arkansas' D-Line is:
NG - sr. Taiwan Johnson, jr. Bijhon Jackson
DT - sr. Jeremiah Ledbetter, rfr. T.J. Smith
Although, there is a chance that McTelvin Agim could move to tackle.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

redleg

When is Brown slated to announce his college decision? I know that point guard, Garland, from LR Parkview is suppose to announce this weekend.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Tyro3

PonderinHog

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: JIHawg on July 14, 2016, 10:12:16 pm
I think he would be 2nd team at best here, maybe 3rd team.

Correct.  His laziness issues will keep him buried on Bama's depth chart and he'd have had a hard time here as well.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on July 15, 2016, 02:15:43 pm
Correct.  His laziness issues will keep him buried on Bama's depth chart and he'd have had a hard time here as well.

We have no idea what he would've done here. Would have been cool to find out. It is what it is though