Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"IF"

Started by Rzback, November 18, 2017, 08:21:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

November 18, 2017, 08:21:40 am Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:51:28 am by Rzback
If the BOT hires a coach before they hire an AD, and if they hire any one of the current coaches being mentioned, (Gus, Leach, Norvell, Strong, Sumlin, Frost, etc.), what's the chance that they would be on board before early signing Dec 20th with the fact most of them are looking at bowl games?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

JackTNHogfan

They will be on board after the conference championship games.  They will most likely all skip coaching the bowl game and start building a staff here and solidifying the recruiting class.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Hogwarrior

Slow down cowboy.  Even if the coach was in before the early period, which I think he will, what makes you think he will be sold on BB's class?  Don't you think he will want to evaluate the kids who have committed?  What about kids that may want to follow him to UA?  HV is probably the only ones freaking out about the early signing period being that there will probably be 10-15 schools changing coaches.  Do you really think that many marquee kids are going to sign in December and pass up the hype machine ESPN has created for NSD in February?  Pass on the opportunity of all the press and the chance to fake putting on one hat and at the last minute grab the other hat?  We will see some 3* and maybe a few 4*s sign early but the higher profile kids are going to want to be on National TV playing the hat game.  By the way, ESPN hasn't uttered a word about coverage concerning the early period.  For that reason alone you won't see the better recruits in the country come off the board in December.

Rzback

Hoggie17

I would like our new HC hired in the window of December 3-6 2017 for recruiting purposes. 

B Ray

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 18, 2017, 09:42:15 am
I would like our new HC hired in the window of December 3-6 2017 for recruiting purposes. 
Exactly, this I agree with