Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Johnson

Started by Hawgphat, November 16, 2017, 07:02:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphat

In light of the well-documented, strong residual resentment level constantly abiding in Jimmy Johnson over being snubbed and passed over for the Arkansas HC position, is it even within the realm of possibility that he might be offered the job(s) of AD and/or HC at Arkansas at this stage of his former Alma Mater stormy relationship, many years after the fact?  Do you judge it to be even within the realm of possibility that JJ would be willing to leave his cherished Florida home and come back to Arkansas at this juncture, - or has too much water passed under that bridge to allow for a dry dock settling of old scores?

Sivad

He's not leaving Margaritaville for Fayetteville.

The Hawg Marshal

0% chance that he's offered and even less that he'd take it if offered.

JoeyCapital

I think he's a strong possibility. My sources in Florida say the weather has been a little cold lately, so I extrapolate from that the near certainty that a 70'ish retired guy is coming back to take over a position of which he has zero experience.

The paperwork's pretty much already signed.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hoggish1

jvanhorn

Exactly the same chance as getting Bob Stoops.

JJ may be strong for sure, but smell isn't everything.

rzrbaxfan

too old and too comfortable doing what he is doing.

Hog Fan...DOH!

The Hawg Marshal

Jimmy hasn't shown any interest in coming to Arkansas for 30+ years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawgphat on November 16, 2017, 07:02:43 pm
In light of the well-documented, strong residual resentment level constantly abiding in Jimmy Johnson over being snubbed and passed over for the Arkansas HC position, is it even within the realm of possibility that he might be offered the job(s) of AD and/or HC at Arkansas at this stage of his former Alma Mater stormy relationship, many years after the fact?  Do you judge it to be even within the realm of possibility that JJ would be willing to leave his cherished Florida home and come back to Arkansas at this juncture, - or has too much water passed under that bridge to allow for a dry dock settling of old scores?
Jimmy is living the pampered California Hollywood life in Florida, The Sunshine State. No way he's coming back to Arkansas as much as I would like it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Athog

Quote from: Hawgphat on November 16, 2017, 07:02:43 pm

Are you really serious?? Do you think he is living where he is , making what he is and return to Fayetteville at his age?? He would not come back for both positions!!

PigInTheHole

any thought given to Bill Snyder after he retires from K state?

honest question ... I'll hang up and listen
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977