Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Relax....He's gone at yr end.

Started by Tweeter, November 06, 2017, 08:23:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

This team is painful to watch much less the coaching but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have no doubt B.B is gone at year end and we can move on from this train wreck.

greenEGnHAWGS

Oh good. Another thread with only wishes and opinions to substantiate their claims...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Sundog

Quote from: Tweeter on November 06, 2017, 08:23:08 am
This team is painful to watch much less the coaching but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have no doubt B.B is gone at year end and we can move on from this train wreck.

Link?

HognotinMemphis

I am stunned by the way Bielema is willing to go out at Arkansas. He is hurting himself so badly if he wants to coach again at a P5 program.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 06, 2017, 08:38:07 am
I am stunned by the way Bielema is willing to go out at Arkansas. He is hurting himself so badly if he wants to coach again at a P5 program.

He may not want to. I could see him being happy and successful as a tv personality and public speaker.

dfwalumdad

yep at this point he's got more to lose than we do. he has severely damaged his brand. he can forget another p5 school. he'll do TV next year and then maybe get a shot at a non p5 to try to redeem himself. think charlie strong.

which by the way has worked out well for strong. in the long run it's probably worked out better for strong than it's going to work out for tom herman.

strong will be on everybody's short list about the time texas is moving away from the tom herman era.

Mo_Better_Hogs

hawgon

When has he ever done anything smart?  Seriously, why would you expect it now?

jbigs77

I think everyone would be greatly surprised if we don't have a new coach next year. Including Bret. But I also think he would be wise to hold out for as much of his buy out as he can and still leave. Probably gonna be awhile, if ever he has the opportunity to bring home this kind of payday. Make hay while hays there, that's what id do.

Grunt

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 06, 2017, 08:32:07 am
Oh good. Another thread with only wishes and opinions to substantiate their claims...
And you are....?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grizzlyfan

is he doing this on purpose?  Does he not understand that in order to keep your job your team can't suck?  does he not understand that if he wants a new job he has to have a hire-able resume?

GoHogzzGo

This is my feeling as well. I'm actually a bit excited. A lot of young talent here for new coach to work with for a couple years.

Unless they don't fire CBB then I quit lol.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 06, 2017, 10:49:07 am
is he doing this on purpose?  Does he not understand that in order to keep your job your team can't suck?  does he not understand that if he wants a new job he has to have a hire-able resume?

With the Millions he has in his bank account, he doesn't need a new coaching job. Heck, he can well afford to kick back and enjoy life or maybe go to work for ESPN. I honestly believe he realizes he can't get it done and just wants out at season's end.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Grunt on November 06, 2017, 10:46:54 am
And you are....?

...a Hog fan that doesn't start threads claiming definite things solely based on what I'm feeling.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Grag T

My only hope is that BB has enough pride to step down and not put himself (and the team) through another year of this humiliation.  Honestly, why on earth would he want to endure any more of this debacle.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jackflash

this is crazy none of us would leave  a job paying that much, yet asking coach BB to do so

East TN HAWG

We felt the same when Nutt tanked.  Guess what it did not happen, and this is what created the great divide in the fan base.  Franks admiration towards Nutt saved Nutt through a couple of horrible seasons.  The fear is that Long could put us through the same misery that Broyles did.   If he does, there will be a house cleaning again.

FL did it right.  Their fan base is not divided even with the poor performance this past weekend.  They are upset about the whoopin, but there is clarity in their vision for the future.  That is leadership even in bad times the folks are firmly behind the direction and corrective action of the program.   

Potosihog

Quote from: Grag T on November 06, 2017, 11:19:29 am
My only hope is that BB has enough pride to step down and not put himself (and the team) through another year of this humiliation.  Honestly, why on earth would he want to endure any more of this debacle.

I just don't see this happening. Before this week I believed it might.  After his testy exchange in the presser I don't buy it.  He is going to scratch and claw all the way out the door.  Hopefully that happens this year. 

Coaches who willingly step down have a humility about them which allows them to accept responsibility.  CBB is arrogant.  Even he mentioned that others saw him as arrogant. (Said it in his opening presser when he was hired).  He genuinely believes he is a top 10 coach.  This train wreck HAS to be someone else's fault.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogman64

to ever work again at the level he is now, if that is even possible, he will have to reinvent himself.. that means losing the weight he has gained at Arkansas so he looks like he could be energetic and take on a challenge ( some overweight people actually do have an energetic healthy looking appearance , he doesn't)  as well as probably working on television for a year , which he would be able to do just fine....I predict B B will end up realizing, if he doesn't already, that he let things get out of hand at Arkansas on several levels and that he didn't  deserve to keep his job with the five year performance Arkansas got from him....hopefully he will correct his issues and be successful at his next stop....

Dropkick

I think he would do well in the booth

hogsolutely

Really!  Are you sure!  I mean one thing is for certain we are going to loose out, but is he gone! They are keeping awfully tight lipped about this!

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsolutely on November 06, 2017, 12:55:57 pm
Really!  Are you sure!  I mean one thing is for certain we are going to loose out, but is he gone! They are keeping awfully tight lipped about this!

I know!  I wish they would losen those lips!  I'm tired of loosing!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: farmhawg on November 06, 2017, 11:39:43 am
Like this?http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=646070.0

Or this one, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=645573.0

Ha ha ha ha...I would say this is just a joke, but this IS Hogville, so I know it is an actual serious response...

First off...in both of those threads, I did not predict a major change that will effect the future of the program as a fact, then only give a reason of "cuz I think so".

Secondly, in BOTH of my threads, I made a statement then supported it with all of the reasons I thought so. Especially the "Reasons to be Happy". All were FACTS that gave me reason at the time to enjoy that win vs Ole Pi$$. The second thread was a simple observation that bothered me on how during frustrating times in a game, CBB is emotionless. I even supported that one with personal references of when I coached.

So...please tell me again, how my 2 OPs compare to this one? I'll hang up and listen.

Michael D Huff AIA

Remember that scene in 'Dumb and Dumber'?

"What are our chances?"
"Not good."
"You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?"
"I'd say, more like one out of a million."
"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

The past two wins for us represent the movement from one in a hundred to one in a million that Bielema stays, but there's still a chance that Long is a sunshine pumper at heart and wants to keep him another year.

What will our non-conference attendances be next year if he stays?