Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get off his butt

Started by Kevin, February 08, 2006, 09:13:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

As many of you know i am not a mccurdy fan.  but tonight is not his fault.  he basically sat for 40 minutes then was ask to hit 2 freethrows to win on the road.  basically impossible.

Heath should shoulder this blame.  Put the kid in a impossible spot.

Timeout to get the ball in when LSU had no timeouts that was awful.  Let them get set. Nice job stan!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

fu-man-soo

you are an idiot.  if you are a d-1 basketball player be prepared to make 1 free throw at all times

MRROSS

Stop making excuses.  Any decent player can get up out of bed and at least hit one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Stokes

It is not heath's fault.  Anyone should be able to sit for 40 minutes and make one free throw.  I feel very sorry for McCurdy, he will shoulder this for a very long time.  A freshman shouldn't have to go through this kind of stuff.  Either way, you put your best FT shooters in at the end of the game.  McCurdy was statistically one of them. 

petro pig

Does anyone have any idea what the hell Heath is doing?????  Seriously.

Kevin

i bet you could not make a ft right now!  get off the kids ass
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Franchise_Hog

It's not McCurdy's fault.

McCurdy "should" have made one.

The problem is Stan not getting the ball to the guy who got you there. BREWER!  Thanks for showing up tonight.

MRROSS

Dude.  Shut up.  You are a fool.  There is no excuse.  The shots he missed were called "FREE throws".  This is because there is noone to block the shot, force an off balance shot, noone to make you change your shot.  He should have nailed them both.  One at the very least.

Lanny

I don't question putting in McCurdy but what the hell was that last possession?  Arkansas had 14 seconds left and all they could muster was a off balance one hand piss shot by Brewer?  Does this coaching staff ever coach time management?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

murray-vegas

Maybe it should be blame Brewer. He did have an amazing ZERO assists in this game.

SwinerBock

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2006, 09:13:16 pm
As many of you know i am not a mccurdy fan.  but tonight is not his fault.  he basically sat for 40 minutes then was ask to hit 2 freethrows to win on the road.  basically impossible.

Timeout to get the ball in when LSU had no timeouts that was awful.  Let them get set. Nice job stan!

Excuse me, but Mccurdy sat for, what, 38 minutes in the last game, came in and hit a sweet-looking 3.  Surely, a simple free-throw while standing still with no one running at you is a lot easier to hit than that three.

Boss Hogg

Maybe if the team showed up for the first 36 minutes of the game it wouldn't have come to a free throw!

SwinerBock

Quote from: hSv on February 08, 2006, 09:27:28 pm
I don't question putting in McCurdy but what the hell was that last possession?  Arkansas had 14 seconds left and all they could muster was a off balance one hand piss shot by Brewer?  Does this coaching staff ever coach time management?

Oh sure, let's blame the coaches for this one, too.  Wasn't it earlier in the year we were yelling at them for calling a timeout on the last possession to set up a play?  Weren't we saying "Hell, let the players go..they're in the flow of the game, let 'em go... don't call a TO and give the other team a chance to set up their defensive strategy..."?

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Hey does anyone know how many free throws McCurdy has attemted this year?  I don't remember seeing him shot any throughout the course of this year.

murray-vegas

McCurdy was 5-6 from the line for the season. I can see why we would want him on the bench in an obvious foul situation.

Razorback53

Everyone that is ditching on McCurdy is pretty stupid I want to see how many of the people mouthing on here can go to the line and make the free throws in a situation like that.

murray-vegas

Quote from: Razorback53 on February 08, 2006, 09:37:29 pm
Everyone that is ditching on McCurdy is pretty stupid I want to see how many of the people mouthing on here can go to the line and make the free throws in a situation like that.

So does this mean that everyone who is ditching this on the coach are "pretty stupid" and I should want to see how many can recruit players and coach at the SEC level?

Brilliant!

Razorback53

Im not saying that. Even the best can mess up like that im not trying to stand up for the coach. Mccurdy is a FRESHMAN didnt play but like 20 seconds it was a stupid coaching move but its still not the kids fault we had a lot of could of would of and should ofs we should of played like they did in the final 7 minutes its a team game

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

agree.  AND heath actually said word-for-word "I take full responsibility" regarding putting SM in that situation

TXrazorback

McCurdy choked, absolutely, but WHY? WHY? WHY? did he have the opportunity to? 

That is the question that you guys should be asking.

I honestly believe that was a big "I told you so" from that a-hole Heath. 

HE IS A TERRIBLE COACH.

You people (morons) who want to make excuses for a coach who is 3-20whatever on the road of the ARKANSAS freakin RAZORBACKS bball team are simply stupid. 

END OF STORY get your heads out of your rears and then wipe of your glasses
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Razorback53

glasses huh. Thats a good one

Topcat

Let's see, AR called it's last timeout with 28 seconds left and a 2 point lead. Our brilliant coach doesn't tell his players to get the ball to Brewer or Modica in a pressure situation. He substitutes a freshman, who had barely played in the game, to shoot free throws. An upperclassman has to get the ball in that situation. Brewer had just made 2 free throws and is shooting 74% for the year. If any upper tier coach in the country had that situation do you think McCurdy would have been in the game? 

TDHog

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 08, 2006, 09:28:41 pm

Excuse me, but Mccurdy sat for, what, 38 minutes in the last game, came in and hit a sweet-looking 3.  Surely, a simple free-throw while standing still with no one running at you is a lot easier to hit than that three.

Sure a simple free-throw that could break 4 years of being unable to win a quality win on the  road, the NCAA tournament hopes square on your shoulders, the fear if you screw up you may never see the court again and all of the PG will be played by tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, just a simple free throw.

No one asked to place the game on McCurdy's shoulders, he just needs to play more and I stand by that.

Mike Tencleve

I would expect any jr high kid to make one out of two.

TXrazorback

Quote from: mi-ky on February 08, 2006, 10:03:06 pm

I would expect any jr high kid to make one out of two.

This is a great point.  However, I would expect an SEC calibur coach to know how to win road games.  Or is that asking too much in your opinion?
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.