Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oral Roberts

Started by NWAHog479, December 20, 2017, 10:13:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

We did play some great basketball last night, but wow Oral Roberts is not a very good basketball team. Eddie Suttons grandson, Sean Sutton, did not look like he would get many minutes at John Brown University, but he played big minutes for them last night. They also had members of their coaching/training staff in jeans and sweats. Say what you want, but you rarely see high school teams doing that these days. Sad because they could be a solid nonconference/nearby team for us to continue to play. Would like to see us play Tulsa every year, but doubt that will happen as long as the 5 foot Haith remains their ball coach.

BannerMountainMan

I think they can do what they want tbh, it's a baseball school
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

bigred223

Their guards were grade A trash. However, their big guys were actually pretty decent.

rzrbackramsfan

Chill out OP, they meat Missouri State.

factchecker

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 20, 2017, 11:12:02 am

they also beat little rock college.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 20, 2017, 11:12:02 am

But not by as much as John Holmes would meat Missouri State.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 20, 2017, 11:31:36 am

Wow, nice one.  My iPhone autocorrect was like, hold up, this would be way more funny to say.

hogsanity

I honestly did not even know there was a game last night.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 11:46:48 am
you missed another great CMA coaching performance
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 20, 2017, 11:49:25 am
you missed another great CMA coaching performance

From the description here and in the paper, you could have coached the Hogs to a win last night.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfan98

What's the purpose of sharing this?

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfan98 on December 20, 2017, 11:54:11 am
What's the purpose of sharing this?

Like most other things on message boards, not much really. I was just surprised when I opened the paper this morning and saw the Hogs had won a game last night, and that the margin of victory was 30+.

niels_boar

Oral Roberts is in theory the worst team that we have played, but they had been playing well of late.  They were coming off wins against solid Missouri State and Florida Gulf Coast teams, who had taken down the likes of South Dakota State and Texas-Arlington.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

CiriusPorker

I think I'm the only one that noticed we played horribly last night.  We could have..and should have won by 60.
Horrendous lay-up misses and terrible free throw shooting. 

I'm fearing that we're not as good as we're thinking.  I'm hoping I'm wrong.

hogfan98

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 11:58:27 am
Like most other things on message boards, not much really. I was just surprised when I opened the paper this morning and saw the Hogs had won a game last night, and that the margin of victory was 30+.

Putting aside the fact that you can't help but be condescending at every possible opportunity, glad to know I'm not the only person that still gets a real newspaper.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 20, 2017, 12:08:02 pm
I think I'm the only one that noticed we played horribly last night.  We could have..and should have won by 60.

am I the only one reading these crap posts? Or am I delusional?

TexArkHogFan

Even though we beat them by 35 and led by as much as 40, our RPI dropped.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hogwxld

Hey. If I would have gotten that stare down CMA gave Hall last night, I'd have thought I was a dead man. Was good to see coach pull him back a few secs later before putting him back out there.

Yeah. For me, watching the team get comfy in the second half, play sloppy, etc and CMA about lose his mind was the reason we play them in the first place. CMA subbed, chewed butt and used time outs even while up that big just to get their attention and it worked.

All these young guys getting critical lessons that might not even pay off until they are the seniors. Maybe the next Houston doesnt go down like it did.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 20, 2017, 11:31:36 am

Glorious.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

You buy newspapers? You must be ancient.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogwxld on December 20, 2017, 01:28:48 pm
Hey. If I would have gotten that stare down CMA gave Hall last night, I'd have thought I was a dead man. Was good to see coach pull him back a few secs later before putting him back out there.

Yeah. For me, watching the team get comfy in the second half, play sloppy, etc and CMA about lose his mind was the reason we play them in the first place. CMA subbed, chewed butt and used time outs even while up that big just to get their attention and it worked.

All these young guys getting critical lessons that might not even pay off until they are the seniors. Maybe the next Houston doesnt go down like it did.
Shitz fixin' to git real, folks.

HogNiner12

Why would you have a handle named hogsanity and not know about the game last night......just plain dumb!! Hogsanity=clueless fan wanna be

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 20, 2017, 01:31:52 pm
You buy newspapers? You must be ancient.

Actually, we told them to stop delivery, but they keep throwing it.

Quote from: HogNiner12 on December 20, 2017, 01:44:54 pm
Why would you have a handle named hogsanity and not know about the game last night......just plain dumb!! Hogsanity=clueless fan wanna be

How many accounts do you have here, because I know this is not your only one. You only use this one to either call coaches, players, their parents, or other posters names. Didnt take long to see that either since in 11 years you have 360 posts, and over 50 of them are in the last month.

RazorWest

The team is good, but they aren't elite.  Certainly better than Arkansas has been the last decade or so.  This team should never forget Houston though, because I fear there may be a few more games like that this year.

razorback1829

To start the season, we were already in mid season form. We haven't made it to conference yet, and we are still getting better each game. More pieces are emerging and learning how to play with each other. Just enjoy the ride fella.

FineAsSwine

But you always remember to pooh pooh the team and CMA in Jump Ball.

Hopefully you will forget to watch the NCAA tournament too, that way you won't get sick to your stomach watching the Hogs winning.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Yet you believe your opinion on Hogs basketball carries the most weight.  I get it though, you don't like the Hogs winning because it leaves you with egg on your face.  Hopefully one day you'll come around and jump on the hog train in hoops like you do in football.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

CiriusPorker

Quote from: razorback1829 on December 20, 2017, 02:18:44 pm
To start the season, we were already in mid season form. We haven't made it to conference yet, and we are still getting better each game. More pieces are emerging and learning how to play with each other. Just enjoy the ride fella.

Well my main concern was all the missed free throws and layups..

StadiumDrive

A new president at ORU three or four years back told coach Scott Sutton who had been there for years with decent success that he could only recruit professing Christians to the school. Two years of that and two losing seasons later, they canned him. Appears the new guy hasn't fared much better under the same policy.

One of the Tulsa World writers wrote a couple of articles in defense of Sutton, which are worth a read.

hobhog

Sounds just like my brother. Calls himself a hog fan but never knows what's going on until 3 days later. Then blasts out text telling everyone what he thinks about it when everyone else has moved on to the now.

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on December 21, 2017, 09:44:01 am
Sounds just like my brother. Calls himself a hog fan but never knows what's going on until 3 days later. Then blasts out text telling everyone what he thinks about it when everyone else has moved on to the now.

Look, we had 3 straight days of being extremely busy at home and work, our son came home from college, and I had basketball games to officiate. I just never heard there was a game. My only take on the game is that they did what they are supposed to have done to a mid week opponent during the Christmas break.