Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playing Time

Started by RebelW, January 24, 2018, 01:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

Giving that we will be watching a HUNH Offense next year how do you think some of these posturing turn out? Since there is no huddle and playing fast I don't see how they could do much substituting players other than new possessions and time outs for the the most part.

For instance it is going to be hard to quinch the thirst of 4 running backs in Hammonds, Hayden, Whaley, and Boyd. They all bring a certain skill set to the position that is electric. Think maybe TJ goes back to slot to help get more Speed on the outside?

We could ask the same questions about TE as well. Very anxious to see how they manage playing time, know what horrendous management the last few years. Hopefully, the best man gets to play and has time to get in flow with the game, then if not... Bring another in. Same as Wide Reciever.

What do y'all think?

Hogindasticks

I think that many of the new guys can fill (just like Kurl did last year) and make an impact.  They will get picked on, yes, they will get a lot of experience to shed to the 2019 class next year that will fill the gaps. Next 2 years are going to be young guys....but will be very experienced for the 20 season and should make a huge impact in the SEC by then.  I think Whaley will be pushed to run harder and Hayden and Hammonds will have their place as well, whether by returning etc.  This offense will definitely showcase their speed.  They better work on it, gonna need to if they plan on keeping positions for upcoming guys coming into the program in the next few years.  We are only going to get faster and bigger. 

Snout team

HUNH offenses still substitute plenty.  They just do it when it is advantageous to the offense and catch the defense off guard if they try to sub without the offense doing the same.

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

RebelW

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 24, 2018, 04:44:34 pm
HUNH offenses still substitute plenty.  They just do it when it is advantageous to the offense and catch the defense off guard if they try to sub without the offense doing the same.
I know they still do but I was just saying they don't as often as we have grown used to

I believe we will find that this staff will have the RBs knowing all the plays from any position they are expected to start from on the field.  Remember late this past season when Hammonds had a big play starting from a position he had never practiced before.  He said he had seen others run the play so he just went with it when the play was called and he was the Guy.

I know most of us are all giddy about this new staff and we all may be eating crow by the basket by midseason.  But I do believe we will see players knowing what to do, having been practiced in what to do, how to do it and effort will be expected.  Hopefully, the staff will know when a particular player is not suited for a particular set or play.