Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of offense do we run?

Started by jpsand, January 23, 2018, 05:48:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

oldman1015

It's a motion offense with no motion or plays.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Martygit

Run down the floor with the ball and shoot - no matter from where
RIP OTR, REV

Athog

We have no offensive plan other than run and gun with terrible defense!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

East TN HAWG

It's the dribble dribble shoot offense.  Some teams try to share the ball.  Not us.  Its every man for himself.  Gotta make the D league. 

LumberBacks

Hogs have three offenses that are coached by CMA:

1) streetball motion
2) jack it up
3) don't look - don't pass

If the 3s are falling, we are competitive.  When they aren't (road in particular), we aren't a threat.  For example, when we went to Athens to play a very mediocre UGA team and allowed ourselves to fall behind 9-24 with 7 minutes to play in the 1st half ...

Buff

I think it's called the Standing Motion.

East TN HAWG

hog golf

Actually run 2 options:
1- the Get Mine, and
2- get off before shot clock expires.
Not sure which is more effective.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Smalltownhog95

The refuse to drive to the basket or give the ball to the human dunk offense.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hawgball40

VirginiaHog

East TN HAWG

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 23, 2018, 06:48:36 pm
So much fail in this thread.
True and its why we are 3-4 in league play. 

Granny fan

Dribble down the court and throw up a three!  That's about it!

MAGA45

The Japanese Kamikaze "Zero" Offense. Garbage
Fake News

fieldturf

Its called rat-ball, roll the damn thing out there and go 100 mile an hour....

ShadowHawg

Can't bash players but can have a thread full of thinly veiled racist remarks?

Hoggish1

Quote from: jpsand on January 23, 2018, 05:48:32 pm
?????

Please, anyone explain to me the one handed, no look, lackadaisical, nonchalant pass.  I'm willing to learn...

seasonhog

ParkerSchnabel

What kind of crap fans do we have ?

1. They hate the coach when he wins at home.
2. They hate the coach when he wins on the road.
3. They just hate the coach.

Find another team and get off this board so those of us who are HOG fans can. enjoy a win. I guarantee you when Bert was stinking it up the first few years this crap wouldn't have been allowed in MMQB. Why is it allowed with our basketball coach ?

This place is a sewer and needs to be cleaned up. You would hate me as a mod as much as you do Mike as a coach cuz I'd show most of you sorry punks the door.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 23, 2018, 08:20:36 pm
What kind of crap fans do we have ?

1. They hate the coach when he wins at home.
2. They hate the coach when he wins on the road.
3. They just hate the coach.

Find another team and get off this board so those of us who are HOG fans can. enjoy a win. I guarantee you when Bert was stinking it up the first few years this crap wouldn't have been allowed in MMQB. Why is it allowed with our basketball coach ?

This place is a sewer and needs to be cleaned up. You would hate me as a mod as much as you do Mike as a coach cuz I'd show most of you sorry punks the door.

You've only been signed up for 9 days. How would you know what happened in football season?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TeufelHog

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 23, 2018, 08:23:00 pm
You've only been signed up for 9 days. How would you know what happened in football season?

Unlike you I have been reading much longer than a week.

East TN HAWG

We started passing toward the end, but we did not put any pressure on the defense.  I was expecting to hear Sweet Georgia Brown with a the circles.  I'm just glad we hit the shots as time was running out. 

raz1965

Georgia had the inside cluttered up so the 3 ball was as good a shot tonight as a turn over in the middle of the paint. Arkansas takes what the defense allows. It looked like a win to me.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 23, 2018, 08:32:49 pm
Troll on.

Supporting the team is trolling ? I thought this was called hogville ? Did I take a wrong turn at Albuquerque ?

JayHog

A garbage offense, helter skelter style, with no plan what so ever... yet we lead the league in scoring. 🤔🤔

pghawg1

ITS sad. folks BITCH if we win ,BITCH if we lose. I have been watching the Hogs for 50 years . It is DUMB to BITCH at every game we play.. We Need to support the KIDS whether we like the coaches or not. Makes me wonder if some of the fans on this board are  Hog Fans.

Pork Ranger

Letsroll1200

It's great when Coach K, Coach Huggins and Cal run the 3 man weave. Trae Young doesn't run a offense its letting the kid play. We know what this is about. He's running a winning offense

ShadowHawg

One that leads the SEC in shooting pct

East TN HAWG

We may have won, but we are a better team than the way we are playing.  What irritates me is I feel we are wasting a very talented team.  We could be a sweet 16 or elite 8 team, but until we learn to play as a team we won't.  We won tonight because Macon got hot.  At the end, we were shooting very difficult shots.  The majority of the time these shots will not fall on the road.

Folks can get mad because we are complaining.  Some of us have been around long enough to know what good basketball is.  We are an elite program.  We should be playing like it, and we are not.

RealHog

January 23, 2018, 08:46:19 pm #35 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:14:51 am by RealHog
Quote from: Buff on January 23, 2018, 05:59:14 pm
I think it's called the Standing Motion.

Gotta stay moving

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 23, 2018, 08:42:42 pm
It's great when Coach K, Coach Huggins and Cal run the 3 man weave. Trae Young doesn't run a offense its letting the kid play. We know what this is about. He's running a winning offense
Not the same because they put pressure on the defense.  We are dribbling east and west and not north and south.  Big difference.  It's okay to dribble if you put Pressure on the defense.  It's a different story if your not agressive.

raz1965

The refs was not gonna call Georgia for a foul in the paint so that part of the offense would have cost us the game. Take what you can get an win the game. I have seen the Razorbacks run offense through the paint , just not allowed at Georgia.

k.c.hawg

I'm sure it is a total coincidence when we end up with 3 men high and 4 men on the left side of the court and a guard driving the ball from the right wing or vice versa. The offense is motion looking to get our strength (guards) an angle, a step, a high ball screen. You are much better served asking this #### after a 20 point home loss than a super hard fought, two overtime win, on the road, against an RPI Top 50 team.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 23, 2018, 08:47:35 pm
Not the same because they put pressure on the defense.  We are dribbling east and west and not north and south.  Big difference.  It's okay to dribble if you put Pressure on the defense.  It's a different story if your not agressive.

They ran the 3 man weave and high pick in roll off of that. Did you see what happened when Barford went in the lane. They took what the defense gave them.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 23, 2018, 08:44:59 pm
We may have won, but we are a better team than the way we are playing.  What irritates me is I feel we are wasting a very talented team.  We could be a sweet 16 or elite 8 team, but until we learn to play as a team we won't.  We won tonight because Macon got hot.  At the end, we were shooting very difficult shots.  The majority of the time these shots will not fall on the road.

Folks can get mad because we are complaining.  Some of us have been around long enough to know what good basketball is.  We are an elite program.  We should be playing like it, and we are not.

We lead the conference in fg pct

ShadowHawg

We are shooting 49% from the field. Not bad for no offense.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 23, 2018, 08:50:46 pm
They ran the 3 man weave and high pick in roll off of that. Did you see what happened when Barford went in the lane. They took what the defense gave them.

I saw one or two legit cuts.  I saw more dribble the shot clock to under 5 and throwing up a long 3.  Fortunately, Macon made them.  Won't happen often in the road. 

I would rather see lay ups and free throws when playing on the road.  They need to be more aggressive with the ball. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 05:49:39 pm
No motion, then sling it?

Lol, I don't know if you are a CMA hater or not, it's so hard to keep up in here, but that sheet was funny.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 23, 2018, 08:42:42 pm

What complete BS. Those last possessions in regulation and OT were a joke. Macon bailed him out with 28 foot 3s with shot clock going down. Even the announcers were commenting on our poor possessions.

Constantly throwing "we know what this is about" is double standard and is offensive.

I'm guessing Mark Few's getting roasted right now. Bet he doesn't survive this year. Also guessing innuendo isn't thrown at his critics.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 08:51:33 pm
We lead the conference in fg pct

I would rather lead in Wins.  I take no pride in wining the %.  You win on the road by attacking the rim and getting lay ups and free throws.  Over the course of the season, jump shots let you down. 

Tonight Macon pulled it out.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 08:52:51 pm
We are shooting 49% from the field. Not bad for no offense.

The goal is 8ft on our end and the hoop is twice as wide. Should be shooting 90%.  ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 08:54:56 pm
What complete BS. Those last possessions in regulation and OT were a joke. Macon bailed him out with 28 foot 3s with shot clock going down. Even the announcers were commenting on our poor possessions.

Constantly throwing "we know what this is about" is double standard and is offensive.

I'm guessing Mark Few's getting roasted right now. Bet he doesn't survive this year. Also guessing innuendo isn't thrown at his critics.

What about knowing the limitations of your players. Some penetration ended with some made shots tonight, other penetration ended with Georgia stealing the ball in traffic and getting a run out. If we had penetrated and turned it over for an easy run out people would be smoking CMA on here. How about a 40% 3 point shooter being your best option, especially to defend against a potential game losing play.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

raz1965

A win is a win is a win, Mike coached the team to a win, if , ands, an buts, who cares about the complainers? The offense scored more than Georgia's.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 23, 2018, 08:44:59 pm

I think we got the talent as well to be a elite 8. We have to improve our focus and chemistry. I'm not panicking because last year showed me basketball is a long season. We have to buy into playing some D tho. We looked better tonight