Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas staff pay to exceed $4 million in 2018

Started by MrKnowItAll, January 20, 2018, 05:48:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKnowItAll

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/19/arkansas-staff-pay-exceed-4-million-2018/

Chavis was set to make $1.6 million in the final year of his contract with Texas A&M this year, but he was not retained by new Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher. Texas A&M must pay the $605,000 difference in that figure and his first year's pay at Arkansas, based on reports pertaining to his contract with the Aggies.

The $995,000 annual pay makes Chavis the highest-paid assistant coach in Arkansas history, exceeding $800,000 salaries for former offensive coordinator Dan Enos in 2017 and defensive coordinator Robb Smith in 2016.

Hoggish1

A big thank you to aTm and Dumbo.  Now let's kick their ass for a change.

ricepig

Looks like we're in the saving mode, Morris makes about $1m less than Bielema, and the average salary/asst is less. I noticed they've also changed the contract dates to Feb. 28, so when we fire someone, we don't owe them until June 30, the end of our fiscal year.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 07:56:59 am
Looks like we're in the saving mode, Morris makes about $1m less than Bielema, and the average salary/asst is less. I noticed they've also changed the contract dates to Feb. 28, so when we fire someone, we don't owe them until June 30, the end of our fiscal year.

Probably the best move considering the Millions the RF and Athletics Department have paid out this year

HiggiePiggy

January 20, 2018, 08:17:44 am #4 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:13:24 am by HiggiePiggy
nt
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2018, 08:16:17 am
Probably the best move considering the Millions the RF and Athletics Department have paid out this year

The only thing I'm aware of that we've paid out is the $2m buyout to SMU for Morris, maybe Yurachek had like a $350k buyout. We owe Long, Bielema, and Enos monthly payouts, but I doubt they've accumulated into the millions so far.

HogFansReunited

At least we are not paying 7 mil to just one person.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Johnny Bobo

Looks like we're in the saving mode

Going to need that when we continue to not fill DRRS, for one reason being, the general admission sardine philosophy of the fat butt person next to you merging as your Siamese Twin once the game is over. Seat widening. Maybe it's going to take a commoner breaking into a press conference to ask the question.

This, on the other hand, is a money maker...

logistics

economic fricking thought occasionally...etc

Yeah, we don't do that

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: AP85 on January 20, 2018, 09:53:25 am
Yet.....

http://www.aradvocates.org/wp-content/uploads/Child-Poverty-in-Northwest-Arkansas.pdf

seriously man, you should go see someone and talk and at least consider the possibility that you need help.

I was scarily OCD when I was a freshman in college, and then again in my mid 20's for some reason. I snapped out of it luckily after my dad admitted he was the same way. I guess, knowing my dad's proclivities, that helped me realize if the world is often gray, then that means it's not black and white, and I don't have to rack my brain over how it's not black and white. And why it's not...that's not my burden either.

Does that make sense?

Redhogs

Quote from: AP85 on January 20, 2018, 09:53:25 am
Yet.....

http://www.aradvocates.org/wp-content/uploads/Child-Poverty-in-Northwest-Arkansas.pdf
His point is he's a typical lib....if someone is suffering no matter what the reason everybody else should be suffering too or it just unfair....when you import poverty, this is what happens. Of course if we shut down athletics and stop going to games that will help and we will no longer feel guilty.....so sick of this stupidity.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Redhogs on January 20, 2018, 10:56:09 am
His point is he's a typical lib....if someone is suffering no matter what the reason everybody else should be suffering too or it just unfair....when you import poverty, this is what happens. Of course if we shut down athletics and stop going to games that will help and we will no longer feel guilty.....so sick of this stupidity.

are you in NWA?

If so, how do we get this to do an annual event in NWA like they do in Louisville and Knoxville?

https://www.google.com/search?q=national+street+rod+association&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS613US613&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiaxYSbgufYAhUO_mMKHdNkB6MQ_AUICygC&biw=1707&bih=827

26.2Hog

That's a good move.  So why can't someone be smart enough to move the head coach's buyout deadlines from 12/31 of each year to the Monday after Thanksgiving?

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 20, 2018, 11:26:04 am
That's a good move.  So why can't someone be smart enough to move the head coach's buyout deadlines from 12/31 of each year to the Monday after Thanksgiving?

I think any salary already paid is pro-rated to that year's buyout.

ricepig

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 20, 2018, 10:37:39 am
Going to need that when we continue to not fill DRRS, for one reason being, the general admission sardine philosophy of the fat butt person next to you merging as your Siamese Twin once the game is over. Seat widening. Maybe it's going to take a commoner breaking into a press conference to ask the question.

This, on the other hand, is a money maker...

logistics

economic fricking thought occasionally...etc

Yeah, we don't do that

There isn't enough room between the current rows to put in seating like that, but I'm sure we could implode it and for $1b build a new one hooked up to the NEZ.

26.2Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 11:28:37 am
I think any salary already paid is pro-rated to that year's buyout.

Ah, that would make sense.

hawganatic

The typical lib that I know are great at pointing out problems and inequities, but haven't lifted a finger, given a dime, or put any kind of actionable solution into place. 

They point out poverty, child hunger, the poor getting poorer and think "somebody" should do something about it.  Never dawns on them that "somebody" could be them.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 08:46:30 am
The only thing I'm aware of that we've paid out is the $2m buyout to SMU for Morris, maybe Yurachek had like a $350k buyout. We owe Long, Bielema, and Enos monthly payouts, but I doubt they've accumulated into the millions so far.

Commenting to confirm my statement was correct?

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2018, 11:34:33 am
Commenting to confirm my statement was correct?

Commenting that outside of $2m buyout, we haven't paid "millions".

hobhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 11:31:44 am
There isn't enough room between the current rows to put in seating like that, but I'm sure we could implode it and for $1b build a new one hooked up to the NEZ.

That's a shame. But I do think they could take a few seat numbers off each row. It is really not comfortable when row is full. Butts have expanded....just like parking spaces for cars these days.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 11:35:57 am
Commenting that outside of $2m buyout, we haven't paid "millions".

But we did pay the $2mill. So it is Millions

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2018, 11:38:15 am
But we did pay the $2mill. So it is Millions

Yeah, I'm sure that was your original point, his buyout.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 11:40:24 am
Yeah, I'm sure that was your original point, his buyout.

My original point was everything which includes the buyout. You see my post all the time I don't post incorrect stuff

AirWarren

AirWarren

Registered republican.

Proud Bush voter, McCain voter etc.

Take it easy man. Your face is getting too red.

AirWarren

Quote from: secfan30 on January 20, 2018, 11:30:12 am
What have you done to help childhood poverty?

Donate clothes child outgrows. Angel tree. Coats for kids.

Eh. But who's counting so you should relax.

Just adding to a discussion related to money and how monies are spent. Obviously some of you folks are too sensitive to talk.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 08:46:30 am

Why do we owe Enos?  He's Michigan OC now, I'm sure there were standard offsets in his contract.  Unless of course Michigan is paying him less than we were.  I can't believe they are since Herbert is making a good bit more there.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 20, 2018, 12:24:33 pm
Why do we owe Enos?  He's Michigan OC now, I'm sure there were standard offsets in his contract.  Unless of course Michigan is paying him less than we were.  I can't believe they are since Herbert is making a good bit more there.

He's the WR coach at Michigan for $150k, we're stuck with the difference until he's made an OC.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/01/dan_enos_hired_to_be_michigans_1.html

Seebs

AP85 - you are the worst kind of human being and troll.  Put something out there to garner a response and then laud your charitable givings to put yourself up on a pedestal.

You did both in this thread. 

Fools fell for it and you revel in their idiocy. Well done sir, however,  it still paints you as a POS.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 20, 2018, 12:13:23 pm
Donate clothes child outgrows. Angel tree. Coats for kids.

Eh. But who's counting so you should relax.

Just adding to a discussion related to money and how monies are spent. Obviously some of you folks are too sensitive to talk.

Do you have a link for those, of your donations, lol??

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 12:29:59 pm
He's the WR coach at Michigan for $150k, we're stuck with the difference until he's made an OC.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/01/dan_enos_hired_to_be_michigans_1.html

Michigan screwing us to get some of that game buyout money back.

AirWarren

Quote from: Seebs on January 20, 2018, 12:30:13 pm
AP85 - you are the worst kind of human being and troll.  Put something out there to garner a response and then laud your charitable givings to put yourself up on a pedestal.

You did both in this thread. 

Fools fell for it and you revel in their idiocy. Well done sir, however,  it still paints you as a POS.

Seebs-

Ok.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2018, 11:31:44 am

a billion? you crazy man

>:(

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 20, 2018, 12:24:33 pm

same reason ATM owes Chavis

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AirWarren

hog.goblin

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on January 20, 2018, 05:48:15 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/19/arkansas-staff-pay-exceed-4-million-2018/

Chavis was set to make $1.6 million in the final year of his contract with Texas A&M this year, but he was not retained by new Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher. Texas A&M must pay the $605,000 difference in that figure and his first year's pay at Arkansas, based on reports pertaining to his contract with the Aggies.

The $995,000 annual pay makes Chavis the highest-paid assistant coach in Arkansas history, exceeding $800,000 salaries for former offensive coordinator Dan Enos in 2017 and defensive coordinator Robb Smith in 2016.

$995K allows the foundation to avoid the new 20% excise tax on his salary