Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricepig

Started by Cinco de Hogo, January 06, 2018, 07:57:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Doesn't the Citizens United ruling by The Supreme Court in 2010 further protect entities like The Razorback Foundation for harassment and intimidation by parties including the government, from forcibly obtaining information they aren't supposed to be privy too?

I'm not Ricepig, but no.

If anything it does the opposite.

ricepig

Don't ask me, I ain't no posse comitatus member. Seriously, I wouldn't have any idea. I'm sure our fine group of attorneys on here will issue 12 different opinions.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 08:19:53 am
Don't ask me, I ain't no posse comitatus member. Seriously, I wouldn't have any idea. I'm sure our fine group of attorneys on here will issue 10 - 12 different opinions.

Fixt.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Karma on January 06, 2018, 08:16:47 am
I'm not Ricepig, but no. I

Pray tell how does it do the opposite?

jbigs77

Don't ask me, I ain't no posse comitatus member. Seriously, I wouldn't have any idea. I'm sure our fine group of attorneys on here will issue 12 different opinions.
Now you've lost me. Whats a possi comitatus?

PonderinHog

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 06, 2018, 08:24:55 am
Now you've lost me. Whats a possi comitatus?
Something you don't want to take home to meet your mother.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 06, 2018, 08:27:46 am

No doubt!

racinghog

This thread has potential

Inhogswetrust

And that's the problem with attorneys. To many interpretations and opinions of the same law.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Boy, take a quick look at MMQB threads...Bill Belichick, Chad Morris, Wally Hall, John Chavis, and....ricepig?

Boy rice, you are moving on up in the world. Won't be long before posters start misspelling your name.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: racinghog on January 06, 2018, 08:31:26 am
This thread has potential
refrain from touting the horses running each day at Oaklawn Park, please...not a great call there about this thread...unless of course you were typing with 'tongue in cheek'
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jbigs77

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 06, 2018, 08:27:46 am
Makes me wish I took Spanish in school.

Hoggish1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 06, 2018, 08:36:03 am
Boy, take a quick look at MMQB threads...Bill Belichick, Chad Morris, Wally Hall, John Chavis, and....ricepig?

Boy rice, you are moving on up in the world. Won't be long before posters start misspelling your name.

As dumb as some are on here, that could happen. LOL

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 06, 2018, 08:36:03 am

Well, as you well know, it gets misspelled a lot. I've always told people I don't care how you spell it on the check!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 08:54:41 am
Well, as you well know, it gets misspelled a lot. I've always told people I don't care how you spell it on the check!

Ha! Exactly.

theFlyingHog

I'm hearing from a friend who knows a guy who worked for CCM during his TX high school days that Reispig is the top candidate for DC

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 06, 2018, 09:04:33 am
I'm hearing from a friend who knows a guy who worked for CCM during his TX high school days that Reispig is the top candidate for DC

Well......my SR in high school, nobody scored from my DE position to the outside, they always went the other way, so......

davril98

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 06, 2018, 09:04:33 am
Is Reispig the DC at Germany State University?  Isn't their mascot the Blitzkrieg?

Hawg Life

I love posse...

PonderinHog

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 06, 2018, 09:30:57 am
Move to Smithville...

I heard at one time they had some good posse there......

LZH

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 06, 2018, 08:39:56 am
Makes me wish I took Spanish in school.

Como esta hijo de puta!!!?

Rudy Baylor

"Ricepig"

page one

I was here

Hi mom!

jbigs77

LZH

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Karma on January 06, 2018, 08:16:47 am
I'm not Ricepig, but no.

Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 09:53:10 am
Sólo estar en el trabajo

No entiendo, ¿quisiste decir "simplemente no estar en el trabajo"? o, ¿solo bebes en el trabajo?

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 06, 2018, 10:09:59 am
No entiendo, ¿quisiste decir "simplemente no estar en el trabajo"? o, ¿solo bebes en el trabajo?

The OTR

January 06, 2018, 10:12:04 am #32 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:24:55 am by Skandar Jackson
Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 06, 2018, 07:57:50 am
Doesn't the Citizens United ruling by The Supreme Court in 2010 further protect entities like The Razorback Foundation for harassment and intimidation by parties including the government, from forcibly obtaining information they aren't supposed to be privy too?

In theory, yes.  In actuality, no. 

It was designed to protect but the law has loopholes.  I doubt anyone has the inclination to do much here with our situation.

Dominicanhog

PonderinHog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 09:32:43 am
I heard at one time they had some good posse there......

Pay no mind to the banjo music....

Twernt arry way PriceRig aiming 2 b next CD.

Roadhog82

Roadhog82

I've never heard of that either and I live in mountain home

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 06, 2018, 08:33:38 am
And that's the problem with attorneys. To many interpretations and opinions of the same law.

However, the thing I do like about attorneys is that they generally know when to use "too" instead of "to".

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 06, 2018, 07:57:50 am

Not really. Citizens United deals with regulations from the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002, which prohibited certain types of campaign spending among some organizations. The SCOTUS ended up removing a lot of rules against organizations making political contributions provided there was accountability to the public via transparency of the donor records.

But since I am assuming the Razorback Foundation does not contribute to political campaigns, that case shouldn't affect anything the foundation does. 
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

hawginbigd1

I am with Rudy n on Ricepig page 1, resident rice farmer, lawyer wannabe, comedian,and HV soothsayer!

hawginbigd1

jgphillips3

This here thread has everything...including communist possums.

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 06, 2018, 08:23:33 am
Pray tell how does it do the opposite?
Citizens United didn't provide corporations special rights, it gave them the rights as "people." So CU doesn't make them immune from any laws.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 11:44:48 am
Does it taste anything like possum?

Good posse tastes like a Jolly Rancher  bad posse is kind of fishy.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 06, 2018, 11:58:23 am
Good posse tastes like a Jolly Rancher  bad posse is kind of fishy.

You'll know when you go to skin it......

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 12:00:55 pm
You'll know when you go to skin it......

Smell test usually works too.

Tyro3