Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now that the dust has settled

Started by Hogsolo, January 04, 2018, 05:48:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hogindasticks

Norvell will not get this job...the trolls trying to set this up will not get him the job.....He is not the coach....end of story.....geeeeze

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 04, 2018, 01:45:22 pm
Norvell will not get this job...the trolls trying to set this up will not get him the job.

I agree that he will not be getting the Arkansas job. The Head Hog is Chad Morris.

racinghog

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on January 04, 2018, 12:54:39 pm
+1. I can't wait to see Nebraska get back to making waves. Not a fan but to watch anyone beat OU/Texas is good TV for me.
Yes Master Chief but Neb no longer play them, they moved to the Big10

hobhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 01:11:37 pm
Look at SMU's record the year before June Jones left. The program wasn't in the mess that you want to believe it was in.

My nephew was on June Jones team as a freshman. It was a MESS. He had one foot out the door the whole time he was there.

hobhog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 01:01:37 pm
I didn't read all of Guv's posts in this thread, but I didn't see where he said anything about Norvell waiting on the Arkansas post to open up in the future.

Said he passed on other top jobs and told them to quit calling as UA only job he wanted. Who would say that? If Sexton was his agent he'd have TWO strokes....

GuvHog

Quote from: hobhog on January 04, 2018, 03:19:27 pm
Said he passed on other top jobs and told them to quit calling as UA only job he wanted. Who would say that? If Sexton was his agent he'd have TWO strokes....

I did say that and it is true, By the way, Sexton is Norvell's agent.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Verbatim - "in exactly the same words as were used originally."

Just going to leave this here in the hopes it may be helpful in the future.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Randohoggie

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 08:57:17 am
No, Morris had Boyd at QB during most of his tenure at Clemson and did not use the run-pass option as Boyd was not a dual threat QB. The current Clemson OC added the run pass option for Watson, who is a true dual threat QB, after Morris left. They are not running Morris's offense at Clemson. Morris also used a pro style passing QB for most of his tenure at SMU. Morris's offense is actually a carbon copy of the offense Gus ran at Springdale with Mitch Mustain (a pro style passer) as his QB.

You talk out of your ass more than anyone I have ever heard.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Been10Hog on January 04, 2018, 09:43:29 am
Glad to hear it from you!!! That Dabo Swinney guy really confused me when he was talking to Bo Mattingly and said "We are running Chad's offense"! Thanks for clearing that up
Guv is the most wrong person I have ever come in contact with.  If he told it was going to be a clear day, I would take an umbrella
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 09:59:22 am
No, what I said is true. You just can't handle it. Norvell turned Ole Miss down then told Arizona State and Tennessee not to bother offering him their jobs. He wanted only one job and that was Arkansas. It's not a coincidence that he signed his 3 million dollar extension with Memphis the day the news leak that Chad would be hired by Arkansas.
You know this based off of message boards...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 10:06:15 am
I don't care what they say. It is a fact that the run-pass option was not added until AFTER Morris left and if you'd do the research you'd know that. They are not running Morris's offense.
Seems you and Dabo and reality are not on the same page.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 10:35:07 am
It's really quite simple. Norvell taught Fuente the offense he ran at Memphis and the offense he now runs at Virginia Tech Verbatim.
Except they never worked together.  Other than that you have a point, not...

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 12:30:00 pm
I've explained it 3 times in this thread alone, for cryin' out loud.

When Fuente first arrived at Memphis, He went to Arizona State to meet with Norvell and Norvell taught Fuente his offense verbatim. Fuente ran Norvell's offense at Memphis and is now running it at Virginia Tech. Fuente recommended Norvell for the Memphis HC job to return the favor when he left for VTech.
Must have been a lot of notes taken at this meeting.  I guess that tells you a lot about Fuente and Morris.  They can absorb complex offenses that it has taken men years to perfect, in two meetings.  So I guess what you are really saying is Gus is everyone's mentor.

You do realize that you taking every rumor you read on a message board and repeating it, does not make it any more factual, it just makes you less credible.

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: racinghog on January 04, 2018, 02:39:20 pm
Yes Master Chief but Neb no longer play them, they moved to the Big10
I drink a lot. Guess I need to throw my VCR tape of recorded games out. Can I change OU/Tex to Ohio State and Michigan?
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 04, 2018, 09:48:29 pm
Except they never worked together.  Other than that you have a point, not...

I never said they did. Read the whole thread.

Early in his tenure at Memphis, Fuente went to Arizona State and met with Norvell. Norvell taught Fuente his offense and Fuente ran Norvell's offense at Memphis and is running it now at Virginia Tech.

birmingHAMette

Quote from: 12247 on January 04, 2018, 01:03:09 pm
Guv may be full of crap but I believe he is at least in the neighborhood of being right about Gus and Chad.  BELOW IS THE BASIS OF WHAT I LEARNED FROM AN INTERVIEW I STUMBLED ONTO SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.

I saw an interview on my computer, (it was bouncing around Hogville, because I am too computer stupid to find it by myself), with a Guy that looks just like Chad Morris and claimed to be Chad Morris.  Morris said he was the HC at Stephenville HS in Stephenville, Texas where football success is demanded.  He was having success but then fell off.  He believed his system needed changes.  I do not recall if he said what offense he was running, just that change was needed.  He had heard about some coach in Arkansas who operated the HUNH and a different offense with that.  He and his staff, at their own expense, went to a playoff game in Arkansas where this coach, Gus Malzahn, was coaching the game.  He liked what he saw and was able to meet Gus after the game for a minute.  Said Gus was busy and wasn't warm in the meeting.  He went back to Texas a bit disappointed, only to return the next weekend for the next game Gus coached.  Still not a warn relationship.  Finally he called Gus and he believed Gus finally took him serious about changing to his offense.  Following that, Gus filled him in, he utilized the Gus system, added a few things of his own and indicated he then started winning again at Stephenville. 

Then in another article, also bouncing around Hogville, Dabo said when Chad decided to leave Clemson for SMU, he had to make a decision and his decision was to upgrade 2 of the offensive assistants who had worked under Chad because he wanted to keep the ideas Chad brought to the offense.  They took Chad's playbook and started going through it.  Confused, they decided to just work on the first 200 pages of the book because they just didn't have time to absorb the other 400 pages at that time.  Anyway, according to Dabo, the roots of what they do on offense is pure Chad Morris.

BEFORE YOU ASK, NO, I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO FIND THIS INFO.  BUT BOTH STORIES WERE ASSOCIATED WITH HOGVILLE A FEW WEEKS AGO.  YOU MIGHT TRY GOOGLING MORRIS OR SWINNEY IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED.

It has been my personal opinion that Gus recommended Chad to Arkansas.  I have no basis other than they are friends it would seem.

I saw it too but it's been too long ago for me to remember the thread or link. The interesting part was that Morris thought he'd be fired if he didn't make changes and how determined he was to meet Gus and make those changes. It's an insightful story.
Go Hogs

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 06:56:55 am
I never said they did. Read the whole thread.

Early in his tenure at Memphis, Fuente went to Arizona State and met with Norvell. Norvell taught Fuente his offense and Fuente ran Norvell's offense at Memphis and is running it now at Virginia Tech.

Read the post...  I said Fuente (Norvell) and Morris (Gus) must both have amazing minds, to be able to run another guy's offense after one meeting.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 05, 2018, 07:45:12 am
Read the post...  I said Fuente (Norvell) and Morris (Gus) must both have amazing minds, to be able to run another guy's offense after one meeting.

I didn't state how long Fuente stayed in Arizona nor did I say how many times they met while he was there.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 11:27:29 am
I didn't state how long Fuente stayed in Arizona nor did I say how many times they met while he was there.
Because you have no real clue as to anything you post.  You just repeat what others have said.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 05, 2018, 09:51:48 pm
Because you have no real clue as to anything you post.  You just repeat what others have said.

Wrongo.

Inhogswetrust

January 06, 2018, 09:06:16 am #124 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:30:53 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hobhog on January 04, 2018, 03:19:27 pm

You have no proof he actually said that to them. Heck I live in Memphis and he has never said anything about any other specific job publicly. And if he did so privately then all us yahoos on here would never know it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 06, 2018, 09:06:16 am
You have no proof he actually said that to them. Heck I live ion memphis and he has never said anything about any other specific job publicly. And if he did so privately then all us yahoos on here would never know it.

It's well known that he turned Ole Miss down.

Inhogswetrust

January 06, 2018, 09:13:04 am #126 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:33:41 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 04, 2018, 07:56:30 am
I think Norvell has done significantly more than "maintain" at MEM, but I do agree 100% with your assessment that Morris is a safer hire in the eyes of the PTB.  His Clemson experience (big stage) and his Texas connections are what tipped the scales in his favor and now I am 100% behind him.  Hope he kicks arse and takes names.  I think UA did a fine job with the hire. 

I'm happy with Morris as well but Norvell also had "big stage" experience when he was the OC and AHC at Arizona State. I do think Morris's Texas connections were a feather in his cap.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 06, 2018, 09:11:40 am
It's well known that he turned Ole Miss down.

You got a friend that's a former BOT member there huh...........................

Inhogswetrust

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 06, 2018, 09:13:41 am
You got a friend that's a former BOT member there huh...........................

Yes, He is retired due to health issues (Lou Gehrig's disease).

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 04, 2018, 09:24:15 am
The people who sat in on the interviews and vetted CCM don't know if they got it right either. The wrong coaching hire is made much more often than the right one.

True but I never said they did for sure get it right. We have to wait to see how it plays out. My point was they had more information with the vetting process to make a decision. It's what vetting means. Get more information.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 10:59:42 am
Thanks for the back up, I appreciate it but it will no doubt fall on deaf ears because some on here can't accept the truth.

Except that is not proof he was actually offered the job. Yes living in Memphis I heard some Old Miss folks liked him and wanted him but I never heard he was offered and turned down the job.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 12:30:00 pm
I've explained it 3 times in this thread alone, for cryin' out loud.

When Fuente first arrived at Memphis, He went to Arizona State to meet with Norvell and Norvell taught Fuente his offense verbatim. Fuente ran Norvell's offense at Memphis and is now running it at Virginia Tech. Fuente recommended Norvell for the Memphis HC job to return the favor when he left for VTech.

That is the first time you mentioned ANYTHING about HOW you believe it was Norvell's offense so it's not an explanation it is supposition. It thus provides no proof that it happened that way. I've never heard or read anything where Fuente OR Norvell say it happened that way. Maybe it did and maybe it didn't but don't go making statements as fact without proof. Sure they could have met along the way. Most coaches do and take ideas from others.

NuttinItUp

No, Morris had Boyd at QB during most of his tenure at Clemson and did not use the run-pass option as Boyd was not a dual threat QB. The current Clemson OC added the run pass option for Watson, who is a true dual threat QB, after Morris left. They are not running Morris's offense at Clemson. Morris also used a pro style passing QB for most of his tenure at SMU. Morris's offense is actually a carbon copy of the offense Gus ran at Springdale with Mitch Mustain (a pro style passer) as his QB.

So you are saying Morris is good at adjusting his offense to the personnel he has?

Also, it is indisputable that the offense improved dramatically when Morris got to Clemson, no matter what personnel/scheme he was running it with.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

January 06, 2018, 09:32:27 am #135 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:51:05 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: GuvHog on January 06, 2018, 09:16:18 am
Yes, He is retired due to health issues (Lou Gehrig's disease).

My sympathies to him. Man you have a lot of former BOT members as friends.......................Still doesn't make what you said factual. My post was tongue in cheek about what you said as having a former BOT friend in Arkansas before.

Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 06, 2018, 09:31:09 am
Then bring some proof.
You will have to explain that one to him.  He has no idea what it even looks like or what that word means

tusksincolorado

Quote from: IAMHogholio on January 04, 2018, 05:48:26 am
After the frustration and the drama of the search and misinformation, I have to admit that I’m really sad we didn’t hire Norvell.   I think Morris is a really good coach and I am excited to have him, but I have to admit I really wanted Norvell.

Did Coach Morris play the right notes with the PTB’s and win the interview?  Being a little older did he relate to the mucks better than the young stud?  I’d really like the skinny here if it’s available.

I know we will be vastly improved after CCM finds the players who want to play for him.  Buying in will be a big hurdle with players in love with CBB.  Once any toxic attitudes are filtered out he can start flying.  That’s the only reason I feel a little trepidation for 2018.   It’d be that way under any new HC, this isn’t a criticism.

Probably have to wait until 2020 for us to really start rolling.   It happens when a leadership change occurs.

Only once in my lifetime of Hog HC hires have we ever hired a coach I was über excited to have the job.   Norvell would have been the second hire.  I really am disappointed we missed an opportunity to hire a young, great coach “all in” on Arkansas.

Sorry to break the momentum of the board.   Just really needed to get that off my chest to close the door on “I like Mike.”

Now onto the Chad Pad.  GHG.

May I suggest not using Hogville as a therapy session. Release your grievous loss...humbly embrace the obvious...and enjoy this new chapter of Arkansas Razorback Football going forward.

Until there is another coaching change...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 06, 2018, 09:24:14 am
Except that is not proof he was actually offered the job. Yes living in Memphis I heard some Old Miss folks liked him and wanted him but I never heard he was offered and turned down the job.

Norvall did not turned down the Ole Miss job...if he had "turned down a $3 million dollar bird in the hand, for a hope of a $3.5 million bird in the bush", the Arkansas Razorback Program didn't need to risk anymore damage by a foolish coach who already had some questionable issues on the table.

So Coach Chad Morris is now leading our Program.

Danimal

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 07, 2018, 11:01:50 am
Norvall did not turned down the Ole Miss job...if he had "turned down a $3 million dollar bird in the hand, for a hope of a $3.5 million bird in the bush", the Arkansas Razorback Program didn't need to risk anymore damage by a foolish coach who already had some questionable issues on the table.

I honestly don't think anyone here knows anything. Maybe he had issues, maybe not. Maybe Jerry Jones just wanted HIS guy for whatever reason and got hi$ way, maybe not.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Danimal on January 07, 2018, 11:23:06 am
I honestly don't think anyone here knows anything. Maybe he had issues, maybe not. Maybe Jerry Jones just wanted HIS guy for whatever reason and got hi$ way, maybe not.

I could agree with that statement...JJ has his way up on the Hill, and rightfully so....

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Been10Hog on January 04, 2018, 09:43:29 am
Glad to hear it from you!!! That Dabo Swinney guy really confused me when he was talking to Bo Mattingly and said "We are running Chad's offense"! Thanks for clearing that up

Didn't you know Guv knows more about what offense Clemson is running than their head coach?  :P

GuvHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 07, 2018, 11:01:50 am

Wrong. Norvell did turn down the Ole Miss Job. There were no questionable issues on the table, he had a lot of support on the hill. Coach Morris just had more.

GoHogs1091

Actually, Boyd was a dual-threat QB.  Boyd ran the ball quite a bit.

You are correct though that Clemson is not utilizing Morris' offense.  Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott utilize more power running concepts than did Morris.  Also, Scott and Elliott don't use as much pre-snap motion as Morris.

Clemson may use a 2 QB system next season like they did Morris' last season there (they used Stoudt and Watson the last season Morris was there).  Kelly Bryant has a season as the starter under his belt, but Bryant is not an elite QB.  They have an elite QB coming in, Trevor Lawrence.  He will probably get some playing time in 2018.

Lawrence is the nation's #1 overall ranked player.  Deshaun Watson was the nation's #1 ranked dual-threat QB, but he was not the nation's #1 overall ranked player like Lawrence.

Lawrence threw for 13,745 yards in High School (against Georgia High School competition).  To put that into perspective, Tyler Wilson threw for 8,226 yards in High School.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: GuvHog on January 07, 2018, 03:55:12 pm
Wrong. Norvell did turn down the Ole Miss Job. There were no questionable issues on the table, he had a lot of support on the hill. Coach Morris just had more.

according to who?

where did you read this?

GuvHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 05:22:34 pm
according to who?

where did you read this?

Mike Irwin stated that Norvell had a lot of support on the Hill but not as much as Morris.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: GuvHog on January 07, 2018, 05:26:53 pm
Mike Irwin stated that Norvell had a lot of support on the Hill but not as much as Morris.

what do consider "on the Hill"?

who is that exactly, in your opinion?

GuvHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 05:51:20 pm
what do consider "on the Hill"?

who is that exactly, in your opinion?

On the hill means at the University.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 07, 2018, 03:55:12 pm
Just keep repeating message board rumors as fact and I am sure one day you will get one right.  Just not this one