Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Arkansas Razorback Football Coaches

Started by Cotton, December 06, 2017, 01:44:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rljjr on January 09, 2018, 10:56:05 am
So on the one hand you're underwhelmed because the coaching staff doesn't have a lot of experience and name recognition, but on the other hand you recognize Chavis' name recognition and experience, but you're not excited about it. At least you're hoping for the best.

It was obvious I was talking about the offensive hires and the S&C coach whose experience is UMKC, Ok St and SMU.  I never mentioned name recognition. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 11:00:45 am
It was obvious I was talking about the offensive hires and the S&C coach whose experience is UMKC, Ok St and SMU.  I never mentioned name recognition. 

I thought Carroll had a great bio. You gotta start somewhere and OSU has been a lot better program than ours the last 15 years.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 09, 2018, 11:08:21 am
I thought Carroll had a great bio. You gotta start somewhere and OSU has been a lot better program than ours the last 15 years.

Different conference from a size-strength standpoint.  But maybe since Ok St has to rely on speed and undersized overachievers it will mesh well here. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 11:11:17 am
Different conference from a size-strength standpoint.  But maybe since Ok St has to rely on speed and undersized overachievers it will mesh well here. 

My feelings as well The power strength game didn't work out so well did it

rljjr

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 11:00:45 am

What was obvious was the negativity. But hey, it's a bold move. Hopenit works out for you. 

BR

So when is the official announcement for the rest of the Staff? 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

opineonswine

Arkansas: Sam Ogden will be the Hogs' director of video and Brooks Cockrell the assistant director of recruiting operations for creative media, sources tell FootballScoop. Both worked with Chad Morris at SMU.

The_Iceman

So....the rest of the defensive staff will be hired when?

BR

Quote from: opineonswine on January 09, 2018, 02:12:59 pm
Arkansas: Sam Ogden will be the Hogs' director of video and Brooks Cockrell the assistant director of recruiting operations for creative media, sources tell FootballScoop. Both worked with Chad Morris at SMU.
Samuel Ogden
‏ @SamVC_Ogden
2h2 hours ago

Blessed to say I've taken a position at the University of Arkansas! I am more than thrilled to get started. I'm looking forward 2 building a department to meet our standard which is BEST! Thank you SMU for everything and thank you @coachchadmorris for the opportunity! #HammerDown

Brooks Cockrell
‏ @The_Broox
3h3 hours ago

Happy to announce I'm joining the @RazorbackFB family!  Thanks to everyone @SMUMustangs for a great three years.

Get ready for lots of #HammerDown and #WPS, folks!

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Cotton

Updated 1/10/18

Will continue to add links as they go up.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im glad John Scott Jr is getting a 2nd chance. He and his entire defensive line were screwed by bielemas faux, no blitz 3-4. I expect to see a completely different DL and front 7 this season
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cotton

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 10, 2018, 10:41:20 am
Im glad John Scott Jr is getting a 2nd chance. He and his entire defensive line were screwed by bielemas faux, no blitz 3-4. I expect to see a completely different DL and front 7 this season
Thought it was interesting we have 2 D-line coaches now.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

liljo

I am really looking forward to watching this staff build this team.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Cotton

Updated with defensive coaches links and S&C assistants.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

NoogaHog

Who is coaching special teams? I was curious if the 10th assistant would be a full time ST guy. I guess not. So, who will it be?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cotton on December 08, 2017, 09:35:57 am
Updated. Thank you sir.

Interestingly Mark Smith was on the Board of Directors for the Texas High School Coaches Association.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cotton

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2018, 08:22:28 am
Interestingly Mark Smith was on the Board of Directors for the Texas High School Coaches Association.........................
Now you see why he was named recruiting coordinator.  Those high schools are all fairly big schools in DFW.  Hurst, Irving, and Colleyville are all in-between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cotton on January 11, 2018, 08:28:44 am
Now you see why he was named recruiting coordinator.  Those high schools are all fairly big schools in DFW.  Hurst, Irving, and Colleyville are all in-between Dallas and Fort Worth.

It was no surprise that no matter who was hired as the head coach and assistants that getting back into Texas recruiting wise was going to be emphasized. That doesn't mean half the rooster needs to be from there like OU and others BUT we need a strong presence down there and we sure as heck don't need a head coach spouting off and making a lot of high school coaches down there upset. The only way Morris upset them was to beat them when coaching against them! Even then they still respect him. I think Bret didn't have that and even lost some of it with some Arkansas High school coaches.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WOOPIGDOOIE

NoogaHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 11, 2018, 08:48:39 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/
Anyone notice that Scott isnt listed on the coaching staff??

Strange, but Scott did tweet that he was still on staff and thanking CCM for the opportunity. Maybe he just hasn't signed his new contract yet.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"