Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tommy Tuberville

Started by BOAR_N2BWILD, November 18, 2017, 06:33:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BOAR_N2BWILD

What color tie will he be wearing? I have not seen it yet but if it is red......
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BOAR_N2BWILD

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BOAR_N2BWILD

HawgPound

Can anyone please explain the appeal for Tommy Tuberville to be the next AD? What is his connection to Fayetteville? I know he was born in Camden and played for Southern Arkansas. He also spent some time at Arkansas State. However, I see no experience as AD and nothing that really tells me he should be considered. He has always struck me as being a bit shady. What am I missing?

Pigsknuckles

Once, during a past coach search, I said that there was no way I could take anyone named "Tuberville" seriously. Then, we hired Bielema. Somehow, Tuberville doesn't sound so bad now.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

toxichog

The Good Old Boys like him...........he'll do whatever they tell him to do.

moses_007

He grew up loving Arkansas football, attending games at WMS in Little Rock, and he's always wanted to be Head Hog but never got the chance.

Plus he's been head coach of Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Auburn and Cincinnati.

Very personable and a good speaker.  He'd make a good A.D.

ipigsooie

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 08:21:24 pm
He grew up loving Arkansas football, attending games at WMS in Little Rock, and he's always wanted to be Head Hog but never got the chance.

Never got a chance? You mean he kept accepting his extensions at auburn? Where does he live now? Being born and raised in arkansas doesn't make you a razorback. 

dmaxfan

Quote from: HawgPound on November 18, 2017, 07:37:48 pm
Can anyone please explain the appeal for Tommy Tuberville to be the next AD? What is his connection to Fayetteville? I know he was born in Camden and played for Southern Arkansas. He also spent some time at Arkansas State. However, I see no experience as AD and nothing that really tells me he should be considered. He has always struck me as being a bit shady. What am I missing?
I agree. I'm not a tt fan after how he's acted during his career. Like leaving recruits at a table and leaving for a new job. Classless
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

HF#1

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 08:21:24 pm

He has had many chances. As a matter of fact I bet he has had more convo's with Arkansas brass than just about any other school.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogwarrior

I have no clue what all this TT Love is all about!  I don't want him anywhere near the Hill!  Yes, he was born and raised in Camden but before he moved dear old mom out of state, she drove all over southern Arkansas with her Auburn license plate on the front of her Caddy and if you made the mistake of even joking with her about it, you know what her relply was, "Tommy coaches at a real University."  ENOUGH SAID!  God I hope UA don't make that mistake!

Cinco de Hogo

Don't care for Tubby, he rode the coat tails of Petrino at Auburn and hasn't done anything special since.  Would he make a good AD?  Who knows he has no background in that area nor any background in business.

moses_007

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 08:22:59 pm
Being born and raised in arkansas doesn't make you a razorback. 
To hell it doesn't!  I went to another university in Arkansas but Razorback blood has been running through me since I was 14 years old.

go hogues

We can do better that Tommy T.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HawgPound on November 18, 2017, 07:37:48 pm

Well spoken, understands the evolution of college football, would ensure we run a legit program without infractions.
This is my non-signature signature.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I don't think TT will be a good fit. What are his AD-relevant credentials? That he is from Arkansas? He was a mid of the pack coach. I don't see the push for TT unless it is because you really want Gus and think that th only way he comes is if TT is a puppet AD.

Razorback_Mack

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was watching sportscenter in the morning before school. I was in 7th grade. ESPN said Tommy T was our new HC. The other guys at school said it was Houston Nutt. Oh the memories

ipigsooie

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 08:31:52 pm
To hell it doesn't!  I went to another university in Arkansas but Razorback blood has been running through me since I was 14 years old.

You didn't get an opportunity to come home and stay at a conference rival. He is an aubie now. Not a razorback

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 08:30:32 pm
Don't care for Tubby, he rode the coat tails of Petrino at Auburn and hasn't done anything special since.  Would he make a good AD?  Who knows he has no background in that area nor any background in business.
lol Petrino was at Auburn 1 year and they won 9 games. I'm a Petrino fan but that's absurd.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 08:35:29 pm
You didn't get an opportunity to come home and stay at a conference rival. He is an aubie now. Not a razorback
Tubberville wanted the job in 98' and didn't get it. Got passed up for Nutt. When did he get another opportunity?

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 18, 2017, 08:41:13 pm
lol Petrino was at Auburn 1 year and they won 9 games. I'm a Petrino fan but that's absurd.

The following year they went undefeated with the three horsemen Petrino left them, after that not much at Auburn or TT or Cincy.  Absurd?  Maybe, maybe not.

Swinefeld

Tommy Tubberville can kiss my a$$. He played this university into a contract extension at a rival school.  Played his own home state.  Pound sand Tommy

Razorback_Mack

November 18, 2017, 09:00:22 pm #25 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:19:19 pm by Razorback_Mack
Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 08:56:02 pm
The following year they went undefeated with the three horsemen Petrino left them, after that not much at Auburn or TT or Cincy.  Absurd?  Maybe, maybe not.
Wrong....went 8-5 the following year. And Petrino didn't leave them any of those guys. He had no involvement in the recruitment of Brown, Williams, or Campbell. They were all on campus for a year or two before he got there. They all hit their ceilings two years after Petrino left.