Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backs too slow to hole, Allen taking little to long to release

Started by DemiHOG, November 18, 2017, 02:42:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DemiHOG

Looked to me like we are hesitating everywhere, QB, backs, saw on RB that is high on everyone's list looks to be afraid to be hit, anyone agree?

hawginbigd1

Allen always holds the ball to long, find a game in the last 10 he has thrown a good 50/50 ball, absolutely afraid of throwing a pick.

Whalers feet have been bad all season, too much body? I don't really see fearin him. You want to see a back that is afraid, #6 is your guy.

Atlhogfan1

WRs give Allen almost 0 help.  He doesn't trust them at all and he shouldn't.  They don't know how to break off routes.  Never know when they are going to quit or half ass a route with the least bit of contact by a DB.  Best throws today were outs where the wr had to run a timimg route and did it without contact from the DB.  No reading a defense.  No need to get physical.  The offense as it is right now with the oline dinged up and without starters, AA hurt, CK suspended, Williams our best back by far, TE's not giving us much and the WRs ineffective is a bad offense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bigdogbitting

Couple that with poor high school coaching and you got it all.

hawg1221

What's up with the receivers not staying on their feet when wide open?

hoginator

Heard Chuck say numerous times today "one more step and he's blah blah blah". We have a one more step guy. Give the ball to the playmaker...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

LJHOG

A Hogville favorite missed a hole you literally could drive an F-150 through.  Wide receiver breaking off his route for no reason whatsoever.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 18, 2017, 02:59:17 pm
Allen always holds the ball to long, find a game in the last 10 he has thrown a good 50/50 ball, absolutely afraid of throwing a pick.

Whalers feet have been bad all season, too much body? I don't really see fearin him. You want to see a back that is afraid, #6 is your guy.

Without #6, this team would be 2-9, how's that for fear?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

lakecityhog

bville_hog

Austin can't see the middle of the field, he can only see receivers on out routes. 

Hogwarrior

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 18, 2017, 03:04:19 pm
WRs give Allen almost 0 help.  He doesn't trust them at all and he shouldn't.  They don't know how to break off routes.  Never know when they are going to quit or half ass a route with the least bit of contact by a DB.  Best throws today were outs where the wr had to run a timimg route and did it without contact from the DB.  No reading a defense.  No need to get physical.  The offense as it is right now with the oline dinged up and without starters, AA hurt, CK suspended, Williams our best back by far, TE's not giving us much and the WRs ineffective is a bad offense.

Are you on the UA staff?  How do you know how these kids have been instructed to run routes?  How do you know how the QB has been instructed to allow routes to develope?  YOU DON'T!  So let's see these same young men on the field next season under a NEW coaching staff before you make foolish statements about how bad they are!  Remember, 2 of those WRs as a minimum, were 4*s coming out of HS!  Jones and Pettway!

Hogwarrior

Quote from: LJHOG on November 18, 2017, 04:28:45 pm
A Hogville favorite missed a hole you literally could drive an F-150 through.  Wide receiver breaking off his route for no reason whatsoever.

Are you on the staff at UA?  How do you know?  Most of these RBs were 4*s coming out of HS.  At least 2 or 3 of the WRs were 4*s!  You can't have it both ways.  Either you believe these young men actually have talent or you have to accept BB has missed on Evals in an inordrdinate fashion.  Which is it?

bigdogbitting

No, I think high school coaches coulld have won this game. Bert and friends arent even HS quality play callers or coaches.

RoyHobbs92

Williams had 9.4 ypc today but only had 8 carries. I'd say he played well and ran hard. Whaley averaged less than 2 ypc but had 12 carries. That's100% on the coaches for not going with the hot hand.